Superiors Of Bribes Taking Bangkok Traffic Police Officer Transferred

webfact

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Proven taking bribes and only transferred:blink:.must be thailand Sent from my GT-S7500L using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

To be fair those transferred weren't accused of or proven to be taking bribes. Still a good example of how the authorities don't care about corruption.

• Like 2

The office of inactive posts must be bursting at the seams. If they try to shove one more in there it is going to burst flooding the streets with corrupt officers.

Where I am from these guys would be sttod down without pay, be charged internally and criminally and then fired. (if found guilty in criminal court)

To be serious for a moment from what I can tell their pay does seem to be based on the idea that they will have to supplement it with bribes. If they want to stop it then there needs to be a basic change in this to a reasonable salary and strict adherence to rules. This is very much as you've described.

• Like 2

I don't see the problem...

Bung them a couple of hundred and on your way....would you rather the UK/US style alternative???

Might be O.K if you actually did something wrong but if they are just extorting money for thier new merc????????

• Like 1

Just cough up...or would you rather they framed you and stung you for far more down the station for all your protests?

Bear in mind that at times 'doing something wrong' can merely be having white skin here...

Don't sweat it...

I don't protest and give my 200 baht donation. However that doesn't mean people should accept it.

I think Thais are getting sick of it also but could not complain. It was pointless for them to go and report an officer to a station as they knew nothing would come of it and there was also the fear factor. Now Thais have found a better way and that is the social media where the officers and the Police force are being publical ashamed across the world. It has actually forced authorities to do something (as little as it may be).

Absolutely...what a fine post.

The drawback is though, when people can no longer get off with bunging the coppers a few hundred, and have to pay the full wallop, they'll be clamouring for a return to the current status quo.

• Like 1

These are full service BIB's...I like the part where the cop reaches into his pocket and gives the motorcycle guy change for the unwritten ticket....maybe there was a lunchtime 50% off promotion. I wonder if a person gets any frequent payer award points....I expect after a few years a person could build-up enough points to drive tea money free for a year.

Can someone interpret that headline?

Glad to help. It means nothing happened and taking bribes is OK.

Exactly!

So they can take bribes in another area instead!!!

SO, this means that Thaialnd is ok with Police taking bribes,

ok,, at least I understand the level of corruption.

MESSAGE TO THAI PEOPLE:

you have no right to be offended when people talk bad about your corrupt country!!!

because you blatantly encourage corruption!!

Edited by easybullet3
  • Like 1