House Phones

tweedy85

Hello all members Can any one help us we require a phone line does any body know how much they charge for instaalling a telephone line in a house

Depends on a couple of things.

Where are you ?

Do you want TT&T or T.o.T. service ?

Was there a phoneline previously installed in the house/apartment ?

Is there a phone pole nearby ?

I had a new line installed (finally) in January (T.o.T., in Pattaya). There hadn't been a phone in the apartment before, but there were phone lines to the building.

Cost was about 3,600 baht.

How ever, the end (corner) section of the building was recently leased by a farang. I'm guessing he went with TT&T, as I saw the crew string new line from a pole across the intersection to the building. No doubt he paid a lot more for his connection, though I haven't spoken to him about it.

Hello all members Can any one help us we require a phone line does any body know how much they charge for instaalling a telephone line in a house

Hi Tweedy,

I moved from an apartment with (True ADSL) to a house off North Sathorn and True were going to charge me (a Farang) 1,600 baht to install their telephone line in the house. One of my Thai lodgers used her ID Card and we got the phone installed in her name for free!

The phone line costs about 120 baht/month plus calls.

Beware of calling mobiles numbers, it is about three times more expensive than mobile to mobile.

International calls are billed seperately.

Cheers,

John_Betong