Thailand Climate For Kids.

Dmitriy

Hello everyone! Going to spend few weeks in Pattaya and decided to take the whole family clan, but a bit concerned how my four year old daughter would get adjusted to local weather. Taking the fact she is from very north of the Globe, and, well, now there is winter in my place (-15C). Would greatly appreciate any feedback. Any "Kid Survival Technics" for such occasion? Sure it's been discussed on this forum before, but anyway...

Drink lots of cooled bottled water all day long, start with breakfast.

Cover her up, you can buy those swim suits with arms and legs, get a hat, the one with the little flap at the back to cover the back of her neck.

In one way, but not a pretty way, the beaches here all have many many umbrellas on them, so many that you get continuos shade for hundreds of meters at times.

Let her play in the water, if she looks to be getting hot and red in the cheeks, let her rest and cool down. You can buy ice at all the beaches, take a towel to keep cool with water and ice and rub her down if getting hot.

Kids adapt, but coming form one extreme to the other will be a little different for sure.

Make sure you use a 50++ sunscreen on her and put it on at least 30 minutes before going in the sun and put more on regulalry after swims and throughout the day.

Most importnat along with the sunscreen, plenty of water, not so much soft drinks and crap, lots of water.

without beeing a doctor, but on my own experience children are always much stronger than you think and have a stronger heart (in compare to the body weight a childrens one is much bigger).

Anyway I would worry about the long flight, take some games for the child.

Take care that she drinks plenty of fluid and anyway I hope you have an aircon room.....

For me when I was a child my mother told me about the sea (as we come from the middle of europe) and traveled with an lausy car in the extrem sun without aircondition 12+ hours. But it was never a problem for me, because I only wanted to see the beach/sea (and the boarder of the countries). While imagine how it may look like and dreaming about it, I always fall asleep....

What I mean, maybe you show your girl some pictures from Thailand tell some stories, everyone is different but it helped when I was a child....

Hello everyone! Going to spend few weeks in Pattaya and decided to take the whole family clan, but a bit concerned how my four year old daughter would get adjusted to local weather. Taking the fact she is from very north of the Globe, and, well, now there is winter in my place (-15C). Would greatly appreciate any feedback. Any "Kid Survival Technics" for such occasion? Sure it's been discussed on this forum before, but anyway...

:D I would say that in my experience, children are much better at coping with climatic change than adults. Our two girls do not struggle in theheat and humidity the way that I do :D I would say drink more water than you think you need to - don't wait until you feel thirsty. Check her urine :o (sorry), it should be pale straw colour and odourless. If it becomes dark she is dehydrating. Slap on the sun screen and make sure you shower it off well, don't get prickly heat.

Enjoy your holiday :D

Cover her up, you can buy those swim suits with arms and legs, get a hat, the one with the little flap at the back to cover the back of her neck.

Something like this....the hat is called "legionaire" hat or Thais know it as "Japanese hat". I bought hers over the net from Australia, 2 sets (2 overalls and 2 hats) 50US$ or something like that.

swimgear.jpg

Water is 30C or warmer at Pattaya Water Park. Sunscrean on exposed parts and over the face.