Bangkok Promotion Girl Reports ' Bad Police' At Pattaya Police Station

webfact

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When the police are found doing things that would get them jailed in most civilized nations, here they are transferred, with full pay, to another station, with a pat on the back. Don't worry, this will blow over. You can come back with full honors. In China they would be executed. In Indonesia, or Malaysia, they would be given 5-15 years in prison, and the families would be fined over a million baht. Here, they are transferred. This kind of nonsense will continue FOREVER, unless Thailand somehow, somewhere, sometime, figures out that it is of vital importance to establish effective law and order, of they will go the way of Mali, or Timor. Irrelevancy to the planet. As of now, the government continues to refuse to give the police proper attention, or funding. The forensic department remain some of the most underfunded, and least capable on earth. There are fewer qualified detectives per capita, than most nations. It is no wonder they have such a hard time solving tough cases. That appears to be the direction they so desperately want to head, based on their leaders fabulously myopic lack of vision. In some places like Koh Samui, they are notorious for rarely ever solving a crime, and seem to be compromised at every level. There appears to be no accountability at all. Shame on the central and the state governments for not caring more.

• Like 2

Those police are some scum bag cockroaches that only brake the law instead of protecting the people. I've been scammed by them, huge money, my friends also have been scanned with fake urine test results. I really really hate them...

It is very simple. Thailand is a police state and thus the police know precisely what is going on. The police is running this scam themselves otherwise they would have been put out of business.

sounds more like it..

somebody's gotta run the show, and here it's the police...

Why is it, that most of these stories make no sense at all? What was the object of this arrest, and who was actually involved, and last but not least, what or who is a "promotion girl"?

This story does make sense, please read it again. The object was some greedy guys. Involved was a girl who had the balls to go for it. Respect!

What's promotion?-If people promote something, they help or encourage it to happen, increase, or spread.-wai.gif

post-108180-0-87465600-1369921453_thumb.

Edited by sirchai

The police just happen to be the largest group of organised criminals in Thailand. I was once sitting outside a bar in south Pattaya, around midnight, when several "police" arrived, took me away to a Jomtien location, where I was told "If you own a property in Thailand you are working. Give us 50,000 Bht or you are going to jail right now" ! Not wishing to spend a night in jail I paid it, but my regard for the supposed keepers of the law in this country took a severe dive. I was also forced to sign a document that I could not read before being allowed to leave. Many may think "What a silly thing to do" but these things always occur when you are completely unable to contact any lawyer, plus you are dealing with complete power, or should I say the abuse of it.

The police just happen to be the largest group of organised criminals in Thailand. I was once sitting outside a bar in south Pattaya, around midnight, when several "police" arrived, took me away to a Jomtien location, where I was told "If you own a property in Thailand you are working. Give us 50,000 Bht or you are going to jail right now" ! Not wishing to spend a night in jail I paid it, but my regard for the supposed keepers of the law in this country took a severe dive. I was also forced to sign a document that I could not read before being allowed to leave. Many may think "What a silly thing to do" but these things always occur when you are completely unable to contact any lawyer, plus you are dealing with complete power, or should I say the abuse of it.

they got me also, although it was orchestrated by a foreigner, came to the apartment I was staying in early saturday morning, located the chanotes I had in my company name, passed round my bank savings book all laughing and rubbing their hands and then in front of my father dragged me down to soi 9, was told it can all go away if I sign over the power of attorney they had prepared there for my title deeds.... total value of them was approx 5mil baht.

By this time my lawyer had arrived (the old saturday arrest trick didn't work this time) he negotiated a 'bail' of 90k baht for my release and they held my passport (not sure they have the right to do that?) they wasn't immigration police either.

I was in the cell for about 5 hours in total whilst he negotiated that bail, finally got my passport back approx 6 weeks later when they all realised I wouldn't be black mailed...

great them police in Pattaya aren't they....I won't even comment on the farang who orchestrated it all

Model Tricked By Man Who Claimed To Be A Police Man

model.jpg

A motorshow model was tricked by a man who claimed himself as a police officer. He inspected her for drugs then dumped her at a highway road. She was concerned that this incident would happen with other tourists and travelers in Pattaya.

PATTAYA – May 29, 2013[PDN]; At 09.00 AM, Ms. Treetipnipa Paibool, age 22, a motorshow model, reported to the police that a man who claimed to be a police officer ordered the girl to be inspected for drugs. After she was inspected the fake police officer then dropped her off at a road.

She told the police that she was working as a motor show model or pretty. She went to visit her French boyfriend at a Muay Thai camp in Pattaya. At the Muay Thai camp, she was then approached by a few unknown men who ordered her to go into his car to inspect her. The four men then pulled her into their car before inspect her urine.

Full story:http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2013/05/30/model-tricked-by-man-who-claimed-to-be-a-police-man/

--PATTAYA DAILY NEWS 2013-05-30

Jeez the whole article is so poorly written it is difficult to tell what happened and in what order. In any case I believe her. Usually you have to worry about criminals, not the police, but Tit.

Why is it, that most of these stories make no sense at all? What was the object of this arrest, and who was actually involved, and last but not least, what or who is a "promotion girl"?

The girls you see in department stores (like Pantip) promoting and presenting products. They are also called 'pretties'.

She does not resemble any "pretty" I have ever seen.

The girls you see in department stores (like Pantip) promoting and presenting products. They are also called 'pretties'.

I think she is "PRETTY" smart ... standing up for herself and asking for ID when clearly being harassed by ass-holes ... Good stuff ...

That's the story she told her boyfriend and she's sticking to it.

this comment is so typical of the attitude against thai women that is prevalent on TV

Are you talking about Thai soaps or what, because I am wondering where this anti Thai women attitude is on Tv?

What a poorly written story, I am not even convinced they were real police, maybe a gang of urine drinking fetish members, although the handcuffs suggest they were.

Aren't police vehicles yellow and brown or was that undercover too?

• Like 1

Won't even bother to guess reasons here I am just glad the pretty lady did not get raped killed and dumped in the wooded area as sometimes happens. I hate to see those stories even more that this one. Nice that they reported to as most would not then the sick ones just go on till someone does get hurt.

It might surprise you to discover that pretties don't spend 24 hours with their hair and makeup done and in short skirts etc.

And while she might look quite all right when done up but it's hardly as if the aren't different "grades" in such a profession and they aren't all stunning by any means.

Your expression "and last but not least" suggests that what is about to follow will have some important relevance, then you ruin it by asking in a derisory tone, what a promotion girl is. A promotion(s) girl ( the 's' was probably lost in the translation) is a girl whose occupation is to promote goods or services, simple really.

Derision is your interpretation, as I detected none in that post.. Beware your emotions influencing your interpretation of what you read.

this comment is so typical of the attitude against thai women that is prevalent on TV

Don't be so harsh on them. I'm sure they hold the same attitudes about all women regardless of where they're from... whistling.gif

A Badge without an ID Card does not a Cop make.

My card & Badge are together in a holder as are the 'real' Cops in Pattaya

I don't comment whether they were real or not , I wasn't there ,but, I think the young girl is lucky nothing more serious didn't happen to her

ph34r.png

Strange story. I have seen this a lot here in Thailand, where people are supposedly impersonating the police and doing bad things. Not sure if they are fake cops, or are real cops. The first statement from the official police is that they are always fake cops......Hmmmmm. Impersonating a police officer is a SERIOUS crime in the real world, perhaps it is a non issue here in amazing Thailand.

Next time I see a police checkpoint, I will assume they are fake cops and simply dodge around them... :-)

Are you talking about Thai soaps or what, because I am wondering where this anti Thai women attitude is on Tv?

What a poorly written story, I am not even convinced they were real police, maybe a gang of urine drinking fetish members, although the handcuffs suggest they were.

Aren't police vehicles yellow and brown or was that undercover too?

TV .. Thai visa (forum) not television

My question is how did they test the urine if they were fake police?

Or did they just tell her it was negative and enjoyed the wonderment of seeing her pee??