The Ashes Tour 2013

Some rain overnight.

Expecting cloud cover today ... maybe the Pommie swing bowlers can get the groove.

Play starts in 2 hours.

Rain is around, but I reckon the morning session should be OK.

Give them 450 to chase ... should be about right ... biggrin.png

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fortunately I have won 1.150 million dollars in a Microsoft email draw so it's not all doom and gloom.

That's not enough to pursue my eight million waiting for me in Nigeria. Seem's the 419 Scam is still up and running.

Are there still : Stupid,Ignorant, Plebs,who fall for this rediculous,way of giving your money to a thief,ask yourself,how about,your abundance of ,money being researched to being given to something to other than Theft!

We had some big storms come through last night, so expect the ground to slow.

Not waterlogged, they cater for that ... but there is moisture on the ground and in the air.

Beautiful Sunny Morning though.

Australia beat Fiji in the League ... biggrin.png

Australia beat the Scots at MurryField in the Union ... biggrin.png

And maybe, by the call of Stumps tonight ... may have overcome the Poms in the first Test ... biggrin.png

The Golf ... we're a good show in the 2013 PGA Golf World Cup being played in Melbourne ... biggrin.png

I missed the earlier game ... how did the hosts England go against the KIWIs at Wembley?

• Like 1

And maybe, by the call of Stumps tonight ... may have overcome the Poms in thebiggrin.png first Test ... biggrin.png

I missed the earlier game ... how did the hosts England go against the KIWIs at Wembley?

I doubt any of us Brits will be that bothered if & no doubt when your lot win the first test,nowt new to us,we'll just hit back harder .1-3 final score.

The Kiwis beat us 20-18 in the RLWC

Century-making Australian batsman David Warner says England's Jonathon Trott is a 'weakness'

David Warner has accused England's batsmen of having "scared eyes" in the face of a relentless pace barrage as Australia strives for an Ashes defining victory on Sunday in the first Test at the Gabba.

Speaking after he and Michael Clarke completely dominated the third day with attacking centuries, Warner accused Jonathan Trott of being "weak" for falling again to a Mitchell Johnson short ball, caught hooking on nine.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/cricket/centurymaking-australian-batsman-david-warner-says-englands-jonathon-trott-is-a-weakness/story-fnii0bxd-1226766894940

I really hope that Michael Clarke or Darren Lehman tell this boofhead to pull his head in. The last thing we need is this tool

giving the opposition any more ammunition.

It's ok if someone like a Botham, McGrath or Warne come out and say it, as they've at least got the runs on the board

and the credibility.

When you've only played 20 odd tests and average in the mid thirties, one would think he would concentrate on his own game.

• Like 2

Congrats to Australia on their win.

Also congrats to England on a century in each innings

*sent from the zombie apocalypse survivors camp payphone

They were given a real spanking and didn't even put in a decent fight or maybe the Aussies were just far to superior.

Lets see how they go in Alice Springs against the locals, probably get another thumping.

Good to see the boys get the chocolates so I'm going to enjoy it while I can.

It's been a long time between drinks.

IMO, it really sets up the series now and I expect the Poms to bounce back.

Also got a bit feisty at the end, especially between Anderson and Clarke.

Clarke said to Jimmy, "get ready to get a <deleted>***ing broken arm".

It's amazing what effect one bloke can have on the side when he's bowling at over

90MPH.

Edited by Will27
  • Like 2

The last time Johnson played a test here he had figures of 0 for 170!

Which performance is typical of him, I wonder?

But fair play to the Aussies, it wasn't just Johnson's bowling which won the game; their batsmen gave him a total to bowl at.

Can England bounce back?

Definitely.

I still have my money on the draw, but memories of 2006/7 are beginning to stir!

Why do England and the English fans deserve it?

I don't recall the Aussie players nor the Aussie fans being particularly Corinthian when they were dominant!

My experiences of living in England continuously since 2006 but also for much of my life before that plus traveling with the British Lions rugby fans to Australia in 2001 as well as participating in various online forums leads to me believing that England (fans primarily) are deserving of a hammering whoever they play, but especially Australia. But on the other hand, I support England at football, despite the undesirables that follow them around..

Century-making Australian batsman David Warner says England's Jonathon Trott is a 'weakness'

David Warner has accused England's batsmen of having "scared eyes" in the face of a relentless pace barrage as Australia strives for an Ashes defining victory on Sunday in the first Test at the Gabba.

Speaking after he and Michael Clarke completely dominated the third day with attacking centuries, Warner accused Jonathan Trott of being "weak" for falling again to a Mitchell Johnson short ball, caught hooking on nine.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/cricket/centurymaking-australian-batsman-david-warner-says-englands-jonathon-trott-is-a-weakness/story-fnii0bxd-1226766894940

I really hope that Michael Clarke or Darren Lehman tell this boofhead to pull his head in. The last thing we need is this tool

It's ok if someone like a Botham, McGrath or Warne come out and say it, as they've at least got the runs on the board

and the credibility.

When you've only played 20 odd tests and average in the mid thirties, one would think he would concentrate on his own game.

Yeah, Warner might have been better keeping his foot out of his mouth

• Like 1

and the credibility.

The ugly Aussies are out

Posted by: Neil Mitchell | 25 November, 2013 - 8:43 AM

The ugly Aussies for heaven’s sake, we have won one test match and the ugly Aussies are out.

David Warner is a dill, telling the England players they have fear in their eyes. He should shut up

Mitch Johnson is bizarre, at the end of every ball he was shouting at the batsman. He should save his breath for his run in.

And Michael Clarke should take care, telling Jimmy Anderson he was about to get his arm broken was just nonsense.

http://www.3aw.com.au/blogs/neil-mitchell-blog/the-ugly-aussies-are-out/20131125-2y4kn.html

The last time Johnson played a test here he had figures of 0 for 170!

Which performance is typical of him, I wonder?

But fair play to the Aussies, it wasn't just Johnson's bowling which won the game; their batsmen gave him a total to bowl at.

Can England bounce back?

Definitely.

I still have my money on the draw, but memories of 2006/7 are beginning to stir!

Ahh, the enigma of Mitch Johnson. He's liable to come out next game and

make a pair and get none for. But, he just about won us this test off his own

back, not withstanding fine efforts from Warner, Clarke, Lyon and Haddin.

I think the next test at Ade may be a draw as they have drop in pitches there now

which are pretty flat. Then it's my home town the WACA where hopefully Mitch

can fire up again.

Great start to the series.

and the credibility.

The ugly Aussies are out

The ugly Aussies for heaven’s sake, we have won one test match and the ugly Aussies are out.

David Warner is a dill, telling the England players they have fear in their eyes. He should shut up

Mitch Johnson is bizarre, at the end of every ball he was shouting at the batsman. He should save his breath for his run in.

And Michael Clarke should take care, telling Jimmy Anderson he was about to get his arm broken was just nonsense.

http://www.3aw.com.au/blogs/neil-mitchell-blog/the-ugly-aussies-are-out/20131125-2y4kn.html

Neil Mitchell is a first class knob.

I agree that Warner is a dill (see my previous post) but certain sections of the press like to roll out the "ugly Aussies"

as soon as there is a bit of heated clash. I guess they'd prefer us to keep losing and being nice about it.

It's an Ashes series for God's sake. Johnson has been accused of being soft and fragile in the past and has copped

it unmercifully by the Barmy Army, press etc. There's no way he was over the top.

Clarke has been on the end of some hidings from the Poms in the past so maybe a bit of frustration coming out. Having said that,

Anderson is no saint and we don't know what he said either.

• Like 2

and the credibility.

The ugly Aussies are out

Neil Mitchell is a first class knob.

I agree that Warner is a dill (see my previous post) but certain sections of the press like to roll out the "ugly Aussies"

as soon as there is a bit of heated clash. I guess they'd prefer us to keep losing and being nice about it.

It's an Ashes series for God's sake. Johnson has been accused of being soft and fragile in the past and has copped

it unmercifully by the Barmy Army, press etc. There's no way he was over the top.

Clarke has been on the end of some hidings from the Poms in the past so maybe a bit of frustration coming out. Having said that,

Anderson is no saint and we don't know what he said either.

I agree.

I liked the Aussies were getting aggro and in the faces of English players on the pitch.

We have seen too much of namby-pamby correctness on the field in recent years from the Aussies.

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1

Are we getting a bit precious guys?

Clarke likely to be fined for Anderson sledge

Michael Clarke, the Australia captain, is expected to be charged by the ICC and fined 20% of his match fee for his sledge against James Anderson during the dying stages of Australia's win in the first Ashes Test in Brisbane.

Clarke is believed to have been cited for a level one Code of Conduct offence over the exchange in which he said Anderson, who was batting at the time, should "get ready for a broken f***ing arm". The stump microphone picked up Clarke's words.

It is expected that Clarke will be charged under section 2.1.4 of the ICC's Code of Conduct, which relates to the use of "language or a gesture that is obscene, offensive or insulting during an international match".

Michael Clarke, the Australia captain, is expected to be charged by the ICC and fined 20% of his match fee for his sledge against James Anderson during the dying stages of Australia's win in the first Ashes Test in Brisbane.

Clarke is believed to have been cited for a level one Code of Conduct offence over the exchange in which he said Anderson, who was batting at the time, should "get ready for a broken f***ing arm". The stump microphone picked up Clarke's words.

It is expected that Clarke will be charged under section 2.1.4 of the ICC's Code of Conduct, which relates to the use of "language or a gesture that is obscene, offensive or insulting during an international match".

Very much so. Clarke's only mistake was the fact that he said this next to the stump mic. From all accounts Anderson is the number one serial pest who loves to dish it out more than anyone in his team. Far worse things get said on a cricket field.

• Like 1

Very much so. Clarke's only mistake was the fact that he said this next to the stump mic. From all accounts Anderson is the number one serial pest who loves to dish it out more than anyone in his team. Far worse things get said on a cricket field.

I watch the ABC morning program and they .. actually 'she' was all over it.

I agree with you guys ... get over it.

What I am critical of Clarky is that, not that it was a vicious sledge ... just that it wasn't witty ... didn't pass the 'raise a smile in the Bar' test.

Lets have more of ...

Sir Viv Richards vs. Greg Thomas

During his spell for Somerset in County Cricket, Sir Viv Richards produced a legendary retort.

After playing and missing at successive deliveries, Glamorgan paceman Greg Thomas made the brave decision to give Viv some verbals as to the appearance of the ball.

"It’s red, round and weighs about five ounces, in case you were wondering."

Of course, the next ball was launched out of the ground by the West Indian legend accompanied with the following words:

"Greg, you know what it looks like. Now go and find it."

• Like 1

Neil Mitchell is a washed up has been living in the shadow of Derryn Hinch... I believe he's still grinding that axe of his over Channel 7's decision to portray Hinch instead of him in their comedic foray "Fast Forward" :P

As for the sledging, straighten out your skirts girls... I've heard a lot worse at an Under 12's match... Sledging - in its wittiest form - is part and parcel of the game... Gamesmenship and all that...

Clarke's sledge, wasn't stepping over the line in terms of personal jibes revolving around mothers and sisters...

If anything it was a strongly worded warning... Anderson was jumping around all over the shop, Clarke just warned him to be prepared for a broken arm...

Harden up ladies, this isn't your everyday run of the mill Australia vs India test match, this is the f**king ashes! whistling.gif

• Like 2

Nothing wrong with a bit of sledging. Even the Aussie slip cordon fell about at Eddo Brandes' famous response to Glen McGrath's dig. What Jimmy has to do is to aim a few at Michael Clarke's arm in the next Test. Don't get mad, get even!

Fact is the Aussies are cock a hoop and rightly so but the warning signs have been there since the summer when 3-0 flattered us. As an Englishman I have to admit we were pathetic, not the defeat itself but the manner of it. Matt Prior needs to sort himself out in particular.

Adelaide is likely to be a stalemate but Perth will be the defining game.

Good luck boys!