The Ashes Tour 2013

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Clarke's not enforcing the follow on. With a lead of 398, what's the tactic here? Warner and Watson to just go full tilt for a couple of hours and send England back in with 10-15 overs left in the day?

I guess Johnson needs a rest

The tests are back to back, so come Thursday, it will be on at Perth again.

No immanent threat of rain.

Score a quick 100, 150 ... maybe declare overnight to give the bowlers a proper rest.

That said, Siddle could be used a lot more ... he'll shine in the Boxing Day Test in Melbourne ... at the MCG.

Clarke's not enforcing the follow on. With a lead of 398, what's the tactic here? Warner and Watson to just go full tilt for a couple of hours and send England back in with 10-15 overs left in the day?

I guess Johnson needs a rest

Assuming we can bat out the day, I'd bat until an hour into the first session tomorrow.

To be honest, I thought he would've enforced the follow on seeing we only bowled 68

overs. It's not like Johnson and Co were bowled into the ground. If enforced it and picked

up 2 or 3 tonight, we could've rolled them tomorrow and got an extra days break.

• Like 1

I need Australia to Win and Dave Warner as the top scorer ... I have $1 on that outcome ... payout is $11 ... I might retire.

If I lose ... I'll blame Bookman ... it was his indirect tip ... whistling.gif

Warner needs to get 142 this innings and you'll be okay biggrin.png

It has gone beyond embarrassing - I can't even bring myself to banter with my Aussie chums.

It isn't all bad Jip99.

The English can hardly play as poorly in the second innings as they have the previous 3 innings.

They might even reach 200.

• Like 2

It has gone beyond embarrassing - I can't even bring myself to banter with my Aussie chums.

It isn't all bad Jip99.

The English can hardly play as poorly in the second innings as they have the previous 3 innings.

open wound

salt

rub

It isn't all bad Jip99.

open wound

salt

rub

I'm just trying to look at the positive!

No excuses. Only Bell and Carberry have come out of this with any credit.

Boycott on TMS

England can't win the Ashes, they are not playing well enough. History says you don't come from 2-0 down. There has to be some straight-talking.

Bell must bat at three and someone needs to talk to Pietersen, he can't keep giving it away. Cook needs to get forward more and I don't think Stokes is good enough yet. Root needs to stop making mistakes, because what he did last year doesn't count.

I'd play Monty instead of Swann. He doesn't seem to know what field to set. He's been a great performer, but we can't be sentimental.

Matt Prior can't carry on this way, especially if he doesn't get any runs in the second innings. At the moment, we're in a state of flux, we're past our best.

Clarke's decision not to enforce the follow on may help England salvage a draw; but unless Clarke is stupid enough to carry on batting all day tomorrow, I can't see that happening.

It isn't all bad Jip99.

This is a drop in wicket that the experts have stated that is a bats mans wicket. Therefore they should make a lot more then 200.

I think the English team have read the wrong script.

Interesting article from Michael Vaughan

This series will end 5-0 to Australia unless there is a massive improvement in England’s attitude, desire and performance.

You cannot produce your skills against this kind of cricket in Australia without inner strength and hunger. So far that has been sorely lacking from England’s senior players and I am worried about the spine of this side.

Kevin Pietersen, Matt Prior, Graeme Swann and James Anderson are the heartbeat of the team and will go down as legends of English cricket. I am one of the most passionate supporters of the England cricket team but there were moments on Saturday when I felt embarrassed because we did not have enough courage and fight.

The one thing this team has always had is character and a determination to never give up. But there was a period when Mitchell Johnson was bowling brilliantly when it felt like the towel had been thrown in. I never want to see that from England and they have to be honest to admit they walked away from the fight.

Telegraph UK article here

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1

Carberry caught near the boundary...not sure what he was thinking. 2/20 Good catch from Lyon. Might flow on to his bowling if we are lucky.

KP to the crease. If anyone can save England it is surely KP and Bell. KP's highest score of 227 is on the Adelaide Oval.

This is really pi@@ing me off! Been trying for days to listen to the cricket online via ABC

radio but cannot get this to happen?

Anyone else listening online?

Try wiziwig.tv - gets you live feeds.. I think ABC Coverage online was poo-pooed by Cricket Australia

This is really pi@@ing me off! Been trying for days to listen to the cricket online via ABC

Try wiziwig.tv - gets you live feeds.. I think ABC Coverage online was poo-pooed by Cricket Australia

Yeah you have to go through the Australian Cricket Board website to listen to the ABC or BBC online

Bell GONEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! 4/143

Out to a crap full toss from Smith....hit the toe of the bat and he is on his way...

Should be able to mop up the rest of the cheeky blighters quick smart now. laugh.png

Thanks for that. A real shame as listening to the ABC team really makes the cricket.

This is really pi@@ing me off! Been trying for days to listen to the cricket online via ABC radio but cannot get this to happen?

Try this link http://www.cricket.com.au/live/audio-stream You have a choice of the ABC or BBC

Tea 4 for 143

Aaagh this is more like it! the beer is tasting ever so much sweeter now. Cheers!