Thai bank accident insurance to complement health insurance

Firefan

I have health insurance with Health Care International with cover for $500.000 but with a deductible of $2.000 as saves a bundle in premiums, and this is to cover the "big stuff" (that I hope never happens!) :)

Now; I would like at least a card in my pocket besides the above that is Thai and recognized here - and even if it only cover accidents - I would still be fine with that.

I have researched the different bank related accident insurances, the one with the highest cover (pr. accident) I could find was Kasikorn at Baht 50.000/accident (fairly close to my deductible of $2000 above btw) for a measly 2500 Baht/year.

Does anybody know of similar accident insurances with better rates or cover?

Cheers!

For PA, 500/600,000 Baht for Medical Expenses is easily obtainable.  For different quotes please go   HERE

I click on your (please go here button) and I am directed to a web page that has an incredible amount of stuff on it and is hard to read from my 5" screen mobile phone. Since you are trying to sell insurance it might be better if you directed me to a page that directly gave me a quote and was easy to read.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 6 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thank you for the reply - but in reality all I want is an accident insurance that cover around 60.000 Baht per accident - rest my more expensive health insurance will take care of. So do you have any that covers in that area, like the Kasikorn one, for as little as them?

(and yes; I am aware I WILL have to pay the deductible 60.000 Baht/$2k if I get sick and it is not an accident - but am fine with that - accident is by far the most likely - and hopefully a sickness/surgery will be less time sensitive than a typical accident).

Cheers!

No need to use a broker for something as simple as personal accident insurance.

I studied the various offers - including those from brokers - last year and found the very best was from Bangkok Insurance. I paid 1,620 baht a year for 100,000 baht medical expenses and this also fully covers accident on a motorbike (which others don't). snag: you must be under 60 to get this cover and price.

It is such a good deal that I have since bought two more for friends! Most recent last month, same price. Same price Thai and farang by the way. Excellent service from the Chiang Mai branch.

• Like 1

No need to use a broker for something as simple as personal accident insurance.

I studied the various offers - including those from brokers - last year and found the very best was from Bangkok Insurance. I paid 1,620 baht a year for 100,000 baht medical expenses and this also fully covers accident on a motorbike (which others don't). snag: you must be under 60 to get this cover and price.

It is such a good deal that I have since bought two more for friends! Most recent last month, same price. Same price Thai and farang by the way. Excellent service from the Chiang Mai branch.

Oops, sorry. Price is 2,620, not 1,620.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Agree no need for broker - but it does not cost extra, and it adds an English speaking contact that can be worth much more when trouble arise. Peter from AA set me up with an AXA accident insurance costing 2000 Baht/year with medical treatment a 63000 Baht cover pr. accident. (after which my international insurance will cover rest).

I know from personal contacts that Peter/AA insurance have even been a big help for foreigners who did not even have insurance with AA at all. The foreigner needed to be moved to ok but cheaper hospital and AA helping him - so sending a bit of money their way - to have a local insurance expert contact - is well worth it for me.

As for your comment on motorbike cover - you are misunderstanding the policy. They all cover motorbike accidents to the level of medical treatment mentioned(some subject to wearing a helmet though). Where you are right is that some of the life insurance cover is reduced when motorbike accident - but I am not buying this for the life insurance cover.

Cheers!