Best burger I have found in BKK

Lonewolf77

There is a farang guy, I think North American, rolling around town in a little white truck grilling up burgers for 169 baht. Hes been coming to sukhumvit 38 the past couple weeks and cooks them to order. It was just a normal burger but the meat was thick and cooked nicely, pink on the inside and the rest of the ingredients seemed pretty fresh. His wife? and another Thai lady were helpin him. friendly group. the little truck goes by the name "Daniel thaiger". worth checkin out if you are in the area

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the corner of Soi 22 and Sukhumvit is an American style burger and hot dog place called Buddys.

Great food. Really good burger....but the chili dog melted in my mouth.

Cute staff and plays YouTube music videos.

Clientele from USA and Europe.

It seems new.

I read about that mobile burger van run by an American guy, got a good write up. Think he's at Thong Lor mid week and RCA at the weekend?

hes at sukhumvit 38, which is basically at the bts thong lo, his FB page says they are throwing pepper jack cheese and jalapenos on the burgers tonite if you want it

I'm not going to go all the way to Thong Lor for a burger as it's a bit of a trek for me but if ever in the area and hungry I will try and remember it.

I am sure in the interview I read with him he mentioned he sold a burger that wasn't available anywhere else in SE Asia but he didn't go into what it was saying people would have to find out for themselves....any idea what that would be?

I'm not going to go all the way to Thong Lor for a burger as it's a bit of a trek for me but if ever in the area and hungry I will try and remember it.

I am sure in the interview I read with him he mentioned he sold a burger that wasn't available anywhere else in SE Asia but he didn't go into what it was saying people would have to find out for themselves....any idea what that would be?

yeah i dont blame ya, a burgers just a burger. well the only thing that he has on the menu was like a normal burger and one spruced up a bit with bacon, but i guess they do nightly specials

• Like 1

Here's the Facebook page for the "Daniel Thaiger" operation... Seems to be saying he shows up at 5:30 pm and stays until he runs out of food, sometimes 2-3 hours...sometimes 5-6 hours...

https://www.facebook.com/DanielThaiger

The burgers in the photos on his page look appealing. But a lot depends on what kind of meat he's using.

Seems to be saying he'll be back at Soi 38 again tonight. So apparently, it's not always a weekends at RCA schedule as mentioned above.

As his FB page notes: Sukhumvit/Thonglor/RCA/Anywhere you want us!,

The FB page comments point to this burger place having only opened around early September. But most of the postings who've eaten the food seem to be pretty positive. So that's a good sign.

Coconuts Bangkok had a write-up on his operation a month or so ago, which I guess helped spread the word. Natch... the operator is from L.A.

Mark, an LA native, and his Thai wife Honey, park their truck at locations like Sukhumvit 38 and RCA nightly to bring what Mark says is the juiciest burger in Bangkok—and we agree. “I spent months sourcing meat. I’d obsess over it. Every other kind of beef has that gamey taste that doesn’t belong in burgers. You don’t get that here.”
Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Hi burgers are pretty good, the meat is super juicy and he obviously uses good ingredients. His bun was a little bit too soft for me, I prefer a denser bun. But this is just personal opinion. For the price I think you would be pretty hard to find a burger that good in BKK.

Are the burgers at Fatty's as good as people say on here? I have not made it over to there yet but I keep hearing good things about it so I might have to make the trek out of Sukhumvit.

Ate at Sweet Pista on Soi 31 a couple of times, the burger there is very good. A pretty simple burger (patty, lettuce, tomato) but all of it well done and the bun itself is fantastic. The owners sister makes all the bread and buns herself

At the corner of Soi 22 and Sukhumvit is an American style burger and hot dog place called Buddys.

Great food. Really good burger....but the chili dog melted in my mouth.

Cute staff and plays YouTube music videos.

Clientele from USA and Europe.

It seems new.

Same owner as the Pelican Inn, also on Soi 22. But I have a problem with smokers at Buddys.

Had a chance to try the burgers at the Firehouse on Suk Soi 11 this week. I had the NY Deli Burger and the wife had the huge Firehouse Burger. My burger was great, but not an American style burger in any way. The wife liked her burger but was not overly impressed (she is Thai.) I will go back and try a less exotic burger before I make a final judgment. The only con was the patty meat taste and texture were not exactly to my liking (finely minced French-Thai beef.)I prefer an juicier patty.

Did your NY Deli burger have a lot / very strong mustard on it?

Mines was over powering to the point of being unpleasant. I managed to eat half before having to give up on it. The person I was eating with took ONE bite of it and her face went bright red and eyes started watering and couldn't eat anymore.

I usually like mustard too.

Otherwise I reckon it would have been a good burger.

Does anyone remember how awesome the burgers were at Woodstock back when they used to be on the second level of Nana Plaza? Now it's Rainbow (insert number here).

Those were by far the best burgers I've ever had in BKK... never had one as good since.

Tried it at their new location off Tonglor, but it's not the same.

*sigh*.... memories.....

The Big Mango on the second floor of Nana Plaza used to have really good burgers that were cooked over an open flame. I never found them again after they moved, but do not think that the new location is far away.

Yeah, those were really good. I also tried to find the new place a couple months ago, gave up and had a burger at the bus stop, which is still not too bad.

Carl's Junior off Silom is still the best, but I would bet they don't last too much longer, as they have few customers.

The Big Mango on the second floor of Nana Plaza used to have really good burgers that were cooked over an open flame. I never found them again after they moved, but do not think that the new location is far away.

Closed for good a few weeks ago.

Did your NY Deli burger have a lot / very strong mustard on it?

Mines was over powering to the point of being unpleasant. I managed to eat half before having to give up on it. The person I was eating with took ONE bite of it and her face went bright red and eyes started watering and couldn't eat anymore.

I usually like mustard too.

Otherwise I reckon it would have been a good burger.

They must have heard you because mine had just the right amount of mustard to add to the other flavors in the burger. I am sure with a burger as complex as the NY Deli burger the taste can change somewhat from burger to burger. It was a novelty for me since I usually have Burger King (due to convenience only.)

The also used to serve an awesome face open half size baguette with lots of pesto and melted mozzarella dripping off of it. This was at Nana's.

Does anyone remember how awesome the burgers were at Woodstock back when they used to be on the second level of Nana Plaza? Now it's Rainbow (insert number here).

Those were by far the best burgers I've ever had in BKK... never had one as good since.

*sigh*.... memories.....

Woodstock used to be a little Oasis ... smile.png !

The also used to serve an awesome face open half size baguette with lots of pesto and melted mozzarella dripping off of it. This was at Nana's.

*sigh*.... memories.....

• Like 1

I have found the best beef burger in BKK after looking for almost a year. It's located next to terminal 21.The restaurant is called El Gaucho Argentinian Steakhouse, there steaks I have been told are amazing also. I think my bacon & cheese burger was 490, it comes with chips & salad, the meat used is very high standard. Please if you know of good burgers in bkk, please post.

I'll take 3 Carl's Jr superstar burgers for the same price thank you!

• Like 1

I have found the best beef burger in BKK after looking for almost a year. It's located next to terminal 21.The restaurant is called El Gaucho Argentinian Steakhouse, there steaks I have been told are amazing also. I think my bacon & cheese burger was 490, it comes with chips & salad, the meat used is very high standard. Please if you know of good burgers in bkk, please post.

I'll take 3 Carl's Jr superstar burgers for the same price thank you!

I've tried Carl's Jr about 4 times and never been impressed, just one step up from McDonalds in my opinion. It's ok for a cheap and cheerful fast burger if that's what your looking for, but hardly what you would call quality.

After tasting various burgers i BKK now I've decided I would actually just rather have a McDonalds burger than spend 300-500B on one that looks nicer but ultimately tastes disappointing.

Agree...they're all pretty much crap. That's why I stick to Carl's Jr.; their shakes are darn tasty as well and a steal at like B69, including "whip."

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

• 3 weeks later...

I tried the lamb burger at Shuffle (Rain Hill, Sukhumvit 47) last night and it was very tasty, quite heavily spiced which might not be to everyones liking but a seriously good burger in my opinion. Their rustic burger and original beef burgers both looked very good too. Everything was served hot and all ingredients were crisp and fresh, patties cooked to order which I opted for medium and it was just right. The Kitchen was open view and there was a farang head chef in there running the show. I do like those burgers at El Gouchos too, but think Shuffle may have won my vote now. 375baht for the Lamb burger and 325baht for the beef including fries.

Slightly off topic, but the missus had the pork chop at Shuffle and it was the best pork chop I had ever tasted anywhere let alone BKK, i'll definitely be back to order one!

post-42474-0-18258200-1386217470_thumb.j

• Like 1

Firehouse is nice if it wasn't dripping with oil for 500b, Bangkok Burger in Ekkamai is Nice, Fattys dive bar on rama 9 is very good for the price.

Hyde and Seek / El gaucho is good but if you guys can't afford to eat out for just 500b you're better off sticking to mcds / 7 eleven.

Edited by Bingo66