Will a major Cabinet overhaul save this govt?

webfact

Just how will anew Minister of Commerce turn a stinking dunghill into a rose garden? Will he be a magician who can conjure the millions of tons of missing rice and the hundreds of billions of baht?

BTW the suggestion that Chalerm will be dumped is ludicrous; he is Thaksin's man and will not be moved. A fat leech bloated with wealth stolen from the taxpayers of Thailand, only fire will loosen his grip.

So what would you call the demotion of Chalerm to what is considered the worst job in the Cabinet, Minister of Labour? I would say dumped. He will be out completely by the next reshuffle.

put him in charge of food and beverages, well at least the beverages...sure he will do a great job...

Will he reduce the price of Pepsi Max?

"The Education Ministry gained credit with the free tablet scheme, but time has shown it has lost touch because many schools don't even have electricity. Students waste time on high-tech gadgets when they cannot fluently read or write Thai. But the tablet policy was one of the government's major populist policies."

I'm no expert on the rice scam scheme, car scam scheme or any of the other scams schemes this government has cooked up. But I have seen the student tablet scam scheme in action. P1 students got the tablets at my school last year. I think they played with them once and they have not been seen since. Teachers have no idea how to implement them into their lessons. They have been given no training on how to use them in the classroom. They are pathetic devices really. The apps loaded on the the tabs are pratically worthless for educational purposes. I saw that the next round of bidding has begun. So this scam scheme is ongoing. What a joke.

Thanks for a front row seat on the use of the pad. I personally feel they would be OK in the late, late second year and the third year. Defiantly not the first year.

The present Minister has come out and openly admitted that they system is not working. In my book no matter what his past is he should remain in the position. He at least knows what the problem is and publicly announced it.

I don't think he is like the Finance minister who believes it is OK to lie if it makes people feel good.

Since when did Yingluck pick anyone to fill her cabinet?

There is only one that fills their own cabinet here, and then empties it one glass at a time.

I thought that was Chalerm, not Yingluck. wink.png

Sunisa.

Can I take you out to lunch some time Sunisa, I think we need to talk.