Thaksin to attend meeting over Cabinet shakeup 'resentment' in Hong Kong

webfact

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pol.Maj. Kamronwit Thoopkrachang, commander of the Bangkok Metropolitan Police, is also said to have submitted his leave to the office and believed to be traveling to Hong Kong with Mr. Chalerm.

So finally the Thai police gonna do their duty and fly to Hong Kong to arrest a fugitive criminal...............or do I read that wrong

I think you read that wrong.

I don't see how Thaksin committing fraud can be construed as being politically motivated. Is he supposed to get away with breaking the law simply because 'you are prime minister'. He got caught for committing fraud and ran away like a coward.

So where does this so called political motivation aspect come into the equation??? I just don't get it!!!

The charges made against Thaksin were politically motivated... doesn't make them false however.

how was that it happened during his brother-in-laws tenure

• Like 1

So finally the Thai police gonna do their duty and fly to Hong Kong to arrest a fugitive criminal...............or do I read that wrong

I don't see how Thaksin committing fraud can be construed as being politically motivated. Is he supposed to get away with breaking the law simply because 'you are prime minister'. He got caught for committing fraud and ran away like a coward.

So where does this so called political motivation aspect come into the equation??? I just don't get it!!!

The charges made against Thaksin were politically motivated... doesn't make them false however.

how was that it happened during his brother-in-laws tenure

Family squabble

Pol.Maj. Kamronwit Thoopkrachang, commander of the Bangkok Metropolitan Police, is also said to have submitted his leave to the office and believed to be traveling to Hong Kong with Mr. Chalerm.

So you think they were politically motivated. Please tell me in what way and why you hold this view.

If he abused his position by purchasing land at way below market prices (because he could) and got sussed, then why is the prosecution politically motivated???

Where are all the usual PTP Red supporters hiding? Not seen any posts from them explaining the rice scheme disaster, water management fiasco, the pushing to get their hands on the 2.2 trillion, PM's lies about the reshuffle, certain ministers' comments on the reshuffle, the TRT boys back after their corruption bans, or this latest "offshore cabinet meeting" with the real PM.

Come on - Rich Teacher, Mutley, The Derby County fan, Indyuk, etc, etc. Please comment and enlighten entertain us. Don't be shy now.

What happened to the 13 parcels of farm land in the south that were put aside for poorer Thai farming families. At least 9 of them were "given" to rich Thai families by the one and only Khun Suthep, yes the same guy who's son supposedly enroached on to government land on Samui using it for the Suthep family...............and so it goes on. In my opinion, both sides are as bad as each other, but of course you could'nt understand this.

I don't know why some are fixated on the charge for which Thaksin was convicted. He has been indicted on many, and some much more serious, charges which can't be heard in his absence.

Edited by OzMick
  • Like 2

So you think they were politically motivated. Please tell me in what way and why you hold this view.

If he abused his position by purchasing land at way below market prices (because he could) and got sussed, then why is the prosecution politically motivated???

I think that the charges against Thaksin were politically motivated because the prosecution would not have followed through had there not been an enemy of Thaksin preaching about them to the public. If Thaksin had not been a politician, and was merely a purchasing manager for the police buying computers from his own computer company or something like that, he probably wouldn't have been prosecuted at all... there's no motivation to do so here, it's just run-of-the-mill endemic corruption which sadly seems to be accepted by the majority of Thais.

The charges against quite a lot of politicians are "politically motivated" - i.e. the motivation behind the charges is not for the public good, it is to bring someone down. Just like the murder charges (ridiculous though I think they are) against Abhisit & Suthep. Or like the charges against Berlusconi (which are very valid and should be heard).

Anyway, I really can't stand this "politically motivated" tag. It shouldn't matter who motivates a prosecution or why. At the end of the day, if someone has committed a crime, then that person should be charged. Unfortunately this is not always the case, especially in Thailand and especially for Thais with any degree of power.

(Edited to add the Berlusconi bit.)

Edited by Pi Sek

Do Mr. Chalerm Yoobamrung meet with criminals ? Which serious government can contain ministers playing with criminals ?

This is the joke of the year !

I think you still don't get it.

If you look at the picture of the Cabinet, you should see at least 100 years of jail term standing on those stairs.

Three days ago the PM launched a campaign against corruption, today her entire cabinet and high ranking police officers are due to be given their orders by, in effect, a criminal, charged amongst other things with corruption (Rachapheiske land deal)

Hands up if you think the campaign against corruption is not hypocrisy of the highest possible order and that it will (sadly for the hard working folk of this fantastic little country we all call home ) fail (again).

The weak get weaker,

the poor get poorer

and the rich pigs fly to Hong Kong (and our taxes pay for the privilege)

Fair point JC!

The fugitive convicted criminal Thaksin is not part of the government (officially). So there is no official reason for any mimister or lacky to be flying at tax payers expense, unless of course they're going to arrest him, kidnap him and bring him back to face justice (5555!)

If they have used tax payers' money to for this trip then surely they must be breaking some law?

Ombudsman, oppositions, Abhisit - where are you?

I would have said Tarit but we all know where he takes orders from!

PTP are now so arrogant that they make no attempt to hide the fact that they are owned, led and controlled by a convicted fugitive criminal; and senior police officers are also now apparently willing to do this too. The so called PM wanders off on another travel adventure while all this goes on.

No other country in the world would put up with a situation like this. Here its just 'mai pben rai"! Big T appears to have bought the PTP, the Red Guard, and now the police. Future doesn't look rosy, especially if they get their hands on the 2.2 trillion.

I wonder if any one will ask Yingluck what she thinks of the whole thing.

Now would be the time to show Thailand she is the PM. She should shuffle all the ones who run to Thaksin off to the land of unemployed.

Not saying she would find any one capable of doing the job. But lets face it that is not why they get the jobs any how. She would sure show Thailand who the PM is.

I lived in fairy land for the start of her term...until I realised that fairies don't have balls.

I don't know why some are fixated on the charge for which Thaksin was convicted. He has been indicted on many, and some much more serious, charges which can't be heard in his absence.

Correct...and including treason. Which is why the hand he is playing now is all or nothing.

• Like 1

I think that the charges against Thaksin were politically motivated because the prosecution would not have followed through had there not been an enemy of Thaksin preaching about them to the public. If Thaksin had not been a politician, and was merely a purchasing manager for the police buying computers from his own computer company or something like that, he probably wouldn't have been prosecuted at all... there's no motivation to do so here, it's just run-of-the-mill endemic corruption which sadly seems to be accepted by the majority of Thais.

The charges against quite a lot of politicians are "politically motivated" - i.e. the motivation behind the charges is not for the public good, it is to bring someone down. Just like the murder charges (ridiculous though I think they are) against Abhisit & Suthep. Or like the charges against Berlusconi (which are very valid and should be heard).

Anyway, I really can't stand this "politically motivated" tag. It shouldn't matter who motivates a prosecution or why. At the end of the day, if someone has committed a crime, then that person should be charged. Unfortunately this is not always the case, especially in Thailand and especially for Thais with any degree of power.

I accept that Thai politicians are subjected to closer scrutiny than 'ordionary' people but why shouldn't they be, as they are in office, supposedly, to serve the people rather than themselves (it isn't like that in reality,clearly).

It is an accepted fact that Democrats are at an intelligence level that is way beyond that of Pheu Thai, and their lawyers are infinitely more clever than PT's lawyers. It stands to reason why Pheu Thai's commit corruption and fraud and get found out about their wrongdoings (this also stands for their PM's that get turfed out on a regular basis through impeachment brought on by the Democrats).

To get back to this so-called politically motivated thing with Thaksin. Are we supposed to let him get away with these crimes and when he was called to account for them he cries foul and bleats about these nasty Democrat politicians only splitting on him because they don't want him there running/ruining the country!! It is clearly 'not playing ball' if he gets reported for dodgy dealings, as this is Thailand and corruption is acceptable here, or so I am led to believe.

As I remember there were several charges on the sheet but the prosecutors went with the most straightforward where a conviction was not only nailed on but where even the accused's lawyers knew his goose was cooked. To have pushed for all the charges at the same time in the Thai courts would have taken forever.

I accept that Thai politicians are subjected to closer scrutiny than 'ordionary' people but why shouldn't they be, as they are in office, supposedly, to serve the people rather than themselves (it isn't like that in reality,clearly).

It is an accepted fact that Democrats are at an intelligence level that is way beyond that of Pheu Thai, and their lawyers are infinitely more clever than PT's lawyers. It stands to reason why Pheu Thai's commit corruption and fraud and get found out about their wrongdoings (this also stands for their PM's that get turfed out on a regular basis through impeachment brought on by the Democrats).

To get back to this so-called politically motivated thing with Thaksin. Are we supposed to let him get away with these crimes and when he was called to account for them he cries foul and bleats about these nasty Democrat politicians only splitting on him because they don't want him there running/ruining the country!! It is clearly 'not playing ball' if he gets reported for dodgy dealings, as this is Thailand and corruption is acceptable here, or so I am led to believe.

I'm not saying politicians shouldn't be under scrutiny. I'm not saying we should let Thaksin get away with any crimes - I think that he should have served his corruption sentence because he was guilty, and that that conviction is the least of his worries!

I'm not saying the judgement was political - in fact I will say it was correct. However, the fact that his crimes were brought to the public's attention in such a prominent fashion was most certainly political, and that's why the charges were "politically motivated".

As I struggled to emphasise before, I really don't give a damn what motivated the charges... he should have been charged, and he was. The "politically motivated" tag came for two reasons: firstly to cast doubt on the judgement, as he thought he can throw enough money at the problem to try and get off; and secondly to cast doubt in the minds of the Western media, and more gullible parts of the electorate. The first bit didn't come off; the second worked very well (and, in my opinion, that's why not everyone despises him).

Of course, he is despicable! The best fictional person I could liken him to is Emperor Palpatine from the Star Wars movies. He is a power-crazy demagogue who represents everything bad about democracy and shamelessly regards fear and deception as his allies.

Also, about the intelligence thing you bring up... I don't think the Democrat side is any more intelligent than the Peua Thai one. However, I do think that many of those within Peua Thai are just mercenaries doing what they're told in order to get paid vast sums of money. Many of the Democrats are, too... but the party line is more about developing the nation than serving the needs of Thaksin, so they just sound more intelligent.

Your 'run of the mill endemic corruption' would have netted the best part of a billion baht in profits overnight! Plenty of people have received prison sentences for stealing substantially less that that.

Your 'run of the mill endemic corruption' would have netted the best part of a billion baht in profits overnight! Plenty of people have received prison sentences for stealing substantially less that that.

Correct, on both counts... I suppose the "plenty of people" that you mention above doesn't cover everyone!

• Like 1

Another confirmation (as if any were needed) as to just who is really in charge of PT.

While the PM is off on another overseas jaunt the real PM will give pep talks to those peed off with the changes.

Then no doubt there will be a great party with plenty of the correct bottles and some lovely young ladies to serve the food which will get the troops into a good mood to come back and give their best to (or get the best out of) their new jobs.

The Thaksin who will be present, is this the one who has no role in Thai politics ?

• Like 1

I see when I look this morning that the red supporters have found what they think is a way to deviate from the topic.

Don't be sucked in by them people, the story is still about Thaksin holding a meeting with members of the cabinet and a police general in HK .

With travel and no doubt 5 star accommodation, wineing and dineing all at the tax payers expense.

• Like 2

Where on earth do you get that the dems are more intelligent than the rest. I would say that ptp is infinitely politically smarter than the dems.

Raw IQ is no measure of capability or integrity.

Where on earth do you get that the dems are more intelligent than the rest. I would say that ptp is infinitely politically smarter than the dems.

politically smarter - well yes, the cunning and morals of a pack of sewer rats, and politics in Thailand is very similar to that environment.

And we have "King Rat" leading the pack from Dubai, and occasionally Hong Kong..

Edited by OzMick

politically smarter - well yes, the cunning and morals of a pack of sewer rats, and politics in Thailand is very similar to that environment.

And we have "King Rat" leading the pack from Dubai, and occasionally Hong Kong..

That's as maybe, korn and abhisit may be academically strong, but the rest of the crew are just as dumb as any of the rest.

Once the air force gets their new A320 in the air then things like this will be able to be kept secret.

All the "undisclosed VIP's" will have to do is turn up at an undisclosed air force base climb aboard and off to an undisclosed destination.

All part of the air force budget. (increased to cover)

For all anyone knows Thaksin could already be on board.

Another confirmation (as if any were needed) as to just who is really in charge of PT.

While the PM is off on another overseas jaunt the real PM will give pep talks to those peed off with the changes.

Then no doubt there will be a great party with plenty of the correct bottles and some lovely young ladies to serve the food which will get the troops into a good mood to come back and give their best to (or get the best out of) their new jobs.

The Thaksin who will be present, is this the one who has no role in Thai politics ?

Or perhaps another 'clone' ? rolleyes.gif

Will the real Big-Boss please stand up ! laugh.png

If only.

• Like 1

Yingluck (I will spell it correctly this time rolleyes.gif ) couldn't run a orgy in Soi Cowboy, and these meetings go to show that PTP has no real interest in the people, only interests in selves. This bunch of alleged thieving crooks, led by the convicted criminal and alleged human rights abusing fugitive are a joke.

Yingluck probably thinks PM means private message.

PM = posterior massage. It involves sticking a finger up a fundamental orifice. presumably in the context of this thread to locate a brain.

• Like 1

He's the boss, now he has a meeting in HK. Wait a minute, isn't she the PM?

PM = posterior massage. It involves sticking a finger up a fundamental orifice. Is useful in diagnosing prostate cancer but in the context of this thread may be construed as searching for evidence of a brain.