K web kasikorn shopping card for creating Apple id?

Wouldn't see a problem unless Apple has a problem with Thai based customers.

The K-web shopping card looks like a regular visa card to the merchant, Apple wouldn't know you were not using a real credit card.

Yep, it works!

That was my last resort, after I tried all my farang credit cards, which work everwhere in the world including the Apple Store - but not iTunes-Store. Farang credit card with Thai address seems to confuse them.

<deleted> - I like Apple, but iTunes is a big mess.

I have my K bank debit card registered with the app store on my gaypad.... can easily pay for magazines, subscriptions etc with it.

Is a K web Kasikorn shopping card the same as their debit card?

I have my K bank debit card registered with the app store on my gaypad.... can easily pay for magazines, subscriptions etc with it.

possum1931.

No, K Web shopping card is applied for through internet banking, there is no physical card and you can adjust the limits up and down to suit your needs all via internet banking.

BW.

possum1931.

No, K Web shopping card is applied for through internet banking, there is no physical card and you can adjust the limits up and down to suit your needs all via internet banking.

BW.

OK BW. Thank you.

Apple ID can be created withou a credit card.

Apple id with credit card can only be created with a credit card issued by the country you reside in and a corresponding itunes account from that country.

So assuming you have a credit card issued in england you can create an apple id in the uk itunes store.

They will not approve a credit card issued in uk while you give a thai address.

It is weird, but that is Apple for you

A note of caution, assuming you created your account in thailand store with a thai credit card, if you decide to move to Laos you loose all the purchases associated with the thai id and credit card.

So choose carefully.

Simple to create an ID without credit-card:

Step 1: go to the app-store, click on a free app to install

Step 2: When you want to install the app, it will ask for an Apple ID.

Step 3: Click option to create one, fill in all the details.

Step 4: When you get to the page of choosing payment method, you will see an option: "no credit card".

Step 5: Click that one,...done. Free App starts to download...

There is no Step 6

Escapis: Your purchases are linked to your apple ID. Not to your credit-card.

So as long as you have the apple ID, you can always download and re-download the apps and music you bought.

For many years I have an Apple ID that originated from my time working in the US. I don't even have the email address anymore, but that doesn't matter.

I access all my music ever bought over there and just install and reinstall every time I see fit, anywhere in the world.

Cheers,
Luc

Forgot to mention:

Assuming you are based in Thailand but you like to download free apps from other country-stores.

Using the same method for different countries, just put any residential address in and your fine.

So you'd have an ID for the Thai store, and an ID for the US stores. Both not linked to a credit-card, but of course only for Free Apps, unless you buy a gift card for that particular country store.

Luc

Edited by Schuimpge