Bangkok Rayong Hospital

richb2004

I had a great experience of service at Bangkok Rayong hospital recently and thought I might share it you all.

Having suffered for more than three days with a terrible pain on the left side of my face I decided to seek help. I used Bangkok Rayong hospital and was amazed at the place. It is without doubt the best hospital I have ever been to. I am 34 years old and have never had cause to use a hospital since breaking my arm as a child. I have been a visitor at many hospitals in the UK and I can say that they bear no resemblance to this hospital. The place was spotlessly clean, and although over two years old it looks like it has just opened. The level of comfort and decoration is superb.

From the moment we stepped through the door we given fantastic care and assistance. I saw a dentist and had x-rays, and then saw an ear, nose and throat doctor. I had more x-rays and a camera put up my nose. The problem was diagnosed and medication issued. This was all done in less than two hours. The bill came to 4600 Baht. 2200 of this was for the medication. I thought this was more than reasonable and the service was outstanding.

Its not very often I experience something in Thailand that goes so smoothly and I thought it worth mentioning on here. Has anyone else used this hospital?

I had a great experience of service at Bangkok Rayong hospital recently and thought I might share it you all.

Having suffered for more than three days with a terrible pain on the left side of my face I decided to seek help. I used Bangkok Rayong hospital and was amazed at the place. It is without doubt the best hospital I have ever been to. I am 34 years old and have never had cause to use a hospital since breaking my arm as a child. I have been a visitor at many hospitals in the UK and I can say that they bear no resemblance to this hospital. The place was spotlessly clean, and although over two years old it looks like it has just opened. The level of comfort and decoration is superb.

From the moment we stepped through the door we given fantastic care and assistance. I saw a dentist and had x-rays, and then saw an ear, nose and throat doctor. I had more x-rays and a camera put up my nose. The problem was diagnosed and medication issued. This was all done in less than two hours. The bill came to 4600 Baht. 2200 of this was for the medication. I thought this was more than reasonable and the service was outstanding.

Its not very often I experience something in Thailand that goes so smoothly and I thought it worth mentioning on here. Has anyone else used this hospital?

We once referred a patient who was staying at Ban Chang Hospital (a small district hospital near Rayong) to Bangkok Rayong Hospital.

They kicked him out immediately because he could not come up with a cash deposit of several 10000 Baht (remember, he had just spent several days in hospital and came by ambulance, and usually you do not carry lots of money when you are in hospital). They told him they would not accept a payment guarantee from his foreign insurance and transferred him to Bangkok Pattaya Hospital (by ambulance) because Bangkok Pattaya Hospital (same owner BTW) does accept payment guarantees of international insurance companies. He spent a day waiting in the ER in Bangkok Pattaya Hospital and then went to Sattahip Naval Hospital (that's almost back to Ban Chang again), where he was treated friendly, efficiently and for the total price of 200 Baht.

We talked to Bangkok Rayong Hospital after this. They apologized but told us the next time they would do it the same way. We do not send patients there anymore.

But yes, if you have cash, they are a good hospital.

BTW if you think their price is "more than reasonable" you have no idea about hospital prices in Thailand.

You are right; I don’t know anything about hospitals in Thailand. As I said, I haven’t had cause to use hospitals very much anywhere. I don’t particularly enjoy paying over the odds for a service if I can get the same thing around the corner cheaper. I would appreciate a recommendation for a better/ more reasonable hospital in the Ban Chang/Rayong area. Have you used Sattahip Naval Hospital yourself or was your patient a ferang?

My experience with the Bangkok Rayong does not end there.

I went back to the ‘wonder’ hospital today. My condition had improved little since my last visit. I still hadn’t had a full nights sleep and was experiencing some terrible pain. I saw the problem being that the hospital had only issued paracetamol when I had requested pain killers. The paracetamol offered no respite from the pain at all. We had bought some other pain killers in the local market, but they weren’t up to it either.

So I dragged my befuddled self back to the hospital. A different Dr saw me and examined me again. My wife gave him a dressing down for the previous Dr giving the paracetamol. I think that maybe the other Dr was actually a vet and had issued tablets with adequate potency to fix a rabbit or a cat. The new Dr issued shed loads of different tablets to me. Two weeks worth of pills at a further cost of 5000 Baht. I got home from the hospital still feeling terrible. I took the seven pills and within half an hour felt brand new. I feel a little concerned about taking seven pills three times a day, but I guess that if they do the trick then I will put up with it. I imagine that had I lost a limb, after taking these tablets for a few days it would surely grown back.

Had I not been only semi conscious I think I would have been within my rights to put a complaint in. If they had given me these pills the first time I might have been able to get out of bed the last four days and been 4600 baht better off.

Anyway it feels great to feel good again, but I think I need to consider an alternative hospital for day visits as my health insurance doesn't cover this.

We once referred a patient who was staying at Ban Chang Hospital (a small district hospital near Rayong) to Bangkok Rayong Hospital.

They kicked him out immediately because he could not come up with a cash deposit of several 10000 Baht (remember, he had just spent several days in hospital and came by ambulance, and usually you do not carry lots of money when you are in hospital). They told him they would not accept a payment guarantee from his foreign insurance and transferred him to Bangkok Pattaya Hospital (by ambulance) because Bangkok Pattaya Hospital (same owner BTW) does accept payment guarantees of international insurance companies. He spent a day waiting in the ER in Bangkok Pattaya Hospital and then went to Sattahip Naval Hospital (that's almost back to Ban Chang again), where he was treated friendly, efficiently and for the total price of 200 Baht.

We talked to Bangkok Rayong Hospital after this. They apologized but told us the next time they would do it the same way. We do not send patients there anymore.

But yes, if you have cash, they are a good hospital.

BTW if you think their price is "more than reasonable" you have no idea about hospital prices in Thailand.

The patient I was talking about was a European.

The prices you mention are typical for most of the Bangkok Hospital chain, they have a reputation for this kind of prices. If you try Sattahip Naval Hospital you save some money, will get medical care which is of comparable quality but you do not get the 5-star amenities of Bangkok Hospital.