Changing address to English Language with TOT

darrendsd

#Mods# If you could move this to the IT forum I may get more responses, thanks

I have just moved into a new house which has TOT Internet already installed, I looked at the previous owners (my new landlords) bill from TOT and the address was in Thai.

We went down to the TOT office to change the billing name to my own name with no problems, I wanted to change the address on the bill to English Language but as the staff in the office didn't speak much English I thought it best to contact the call center

I called the TOT call center and asked to change the address on the bill to English Language and the rep said no bills are in EL, only Thai but considering the amount of new English named housing estates that have sprung up over the years in Hua Hin I find this hard to believe

My reason for wanting to change is so that I can show proof of address if needed with dealings with companies back in the UK

My question is does anyone here get their Internet bills from TOT and their address is in English Language?

Edited by darrendsd

I just checked my TOT phone bill ( Internet & phone line ) and my address is written in English. Maybe you can go to a TOT office with a friend that can explain your request to them in Thai. Or maybe if you visit a larger city like Bangkok or Phuket go to TOT and they may have staff that can do it for you. In Chiangmai and in Pattaya I had no problem having my billing address in English.

I went down to the TOT office with the owner of my house, whose name was on the bill previously with my rental contract and my Passport and we changed the name on the billing addres

I have done the same with True and I have also done this with 3BB before, on those occasions the owner was not present I just handed over copies of the same documents as above

Don't think you need to have the Tabian Baan, I have never had any problems without it dealing with companies here