I have had CTH installed. Gosh, what have I done!

wineman

Oh gosh, what have I done!

I had CTH installed a couple of weeks ago, primarily to be able to watch EPL when the season starts. However, because matches occur mainly on a weekend I want to be able to watch other programs during the rest of the week of course.

My experience with CTH is such, that I'm seriously concerned about its ability to give a good service.

It professes to have a TV program guide. Actually it does have it, but although it lists all the many channels, not one of them show any information about what's on and when. Viewers have to have a stab at a channel and hope whatever's showing is of interest, and has just started. As I'm typing this, I have the TV guide on, it's showing "No information" on every single channel. This is so annoying to say the least. I have not yet seen a program from start to finish. Is this what's going to happen on the EPL channels I wonder?

Or is it just my installation? Time will tell I suppose.

A few nights ago I stumbled onto something to watch. After a few minutes there was then four minutes of adverts, then six minutes of the program, then four minutes of adverts, then six minutes of the program, and so on and on. Is this what's going to happen on the EPL channels I wonder?

Oh gosh, what have I done!

I had CTH installed a couple of weeks ago, primarily to be able to watch EPL when the season starts. However, because matches occur mainly on a weekend I want to be able to watch other programs during the rest of the week of course.

My experience with CTH is such, that I'm seriously concerned about its ability to give a good service.

It professes to have a TV program guide. Actually it does have it, but although it lists all the many channels, not one of them show any information about what's on and when. Viewers have to have a stab at a channel and hope whatever's showing is of interest, and has just started. As I'm typing this, I have the TV guide on, it's showing "No information" on every single channel. This is so annoying to say the least. I have not yet seen a program from start to finish. Is this what's going to happen on the EPL channels I wonder?

Or is it just my installation? Time will tell I suppose.

A few nights ago I stumbled onto something to watch. After a few minutes there was then four minutes of adverts, then six minutes of the program, then four minutes of adverts, then six minutes of the program, and so on and on. Is this what's going to happen on the EPL channels I wonder?

Firstly it's highly unlikely you will miss the football unless you are totally clueless as the Saturday games are at 3.00pm GMT and Thailand at present is 6 hours in front making the kick off time here 9.00pm every week until the UK puts the clocks back one hour making it 10.00pm there on.

Failing that check on the official premier league website for all other kick off times and add either 6 or 7 hours depending on the time of year.

They most certainly are not going to show any adverts for the first 45+ minutes but they may take full advantage of the 15 minute half time break,the same should apply to the second 45+ minutes again no adverts.

Regarding your other points,yes the majority of the remaining programming is pretty crap really and I'm sure the problems with info bars and the like will improve over time.

If you go to the CTH website the schedule on there now appears to be working. You can select a channel and it gives you a listing for today with the option to search future dates as well. When I tried it last week it wasn't working so they are progressing albeit slowly.

CTH is the only option to watch the EPL so we have to live with it.

The GMM guide is similar - virtually non-existent. I watched Burnley v Bolton yesterday wondering who they would show for the 3pm (UK time) kick-off. Fortunately it was QPR v Sheff Wed.

OP. No easy solution. Same problem with True. No channel guide booklet. That was stopped a few months ago. So unless I trawl through 200+ channels on a daily basis I am clueless as to what is on. Very frustrating when you are paying good money.They treat their customers like monkeys.

• Like 1

If you go to the CTH website the schedule on there now appears to be working. You can select a channel and it gives you a listing for today with the option to search future dates as well. When I tried it last week it wasn't working so they are progressing albeit slowly.

Question I have cable tv where I live and have just been offered CTH for 580bt a month extra is there any other programs that are in English on their set up as I'm not the greatest of football fan's I don't want to pay out just to watch that alone but for a few extra channel's it would be worth it.

N/B have looked at their wed site and they say 140 channels but nothing as to what they are.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Edited by fredob43

Question I have cable tv where I live and have just been offered CTH for 580bt a month extra is there any other programs that are in English on their set up as I'm not the greatest of football fan's I don't want to pay out just to watch that alone but for a few extra channel's it would be worth it.

N/B have looked at their wed site and they say 140 channels but nothing as to what they are.

Sorry don't understand, are you on the correct website ? Clearly shows for me ............

http://www.cth.co.th/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Family_Entertainment_Cable1.jpg

Add to this No TH Guide ????????

http://www.cth.co.th/schedule/

I am interested in F1......... just looked, Next F1 Practice it says [copy and paste]

23 AUG

2:55 PM & 6:55 PM
Fri
Edited by ignis

OP. No easy solution. Same problem with True. No channel guide booklet. That was stopped a few months ago. So unless I trawl through 200+ channels on a daily basis I am clueless as to what is on. Very frustrating when you are paying good money.They treat their customers like monkeys.

Dear Pattaya28, with regards to True visions sports channels if you go to link http://www.truevisionstv.com/world.aspx?w=4 then select the sports channel you want and then the date & click search you will get the full days programme i.e. the rugby channel 117 "Setanta" is on true sports 8, hope that this assists you sports fans

Dear Pattaya28, with regards to True visions sports channels if you go to link http://www.truevisionstv.com/world.aspx?w=4 then select the sports channel you want and then the date & click search you will get the full days programme i.e. the rugby channel 117 "Setanta" is on true sports 8, hope that this assists you sports fans

One would like to think that even monkeys these days can use the internet!

• Like 2

Sorry don't understand, are you on the correct website ? Clearly shows for me ............

http://www.cth.co.th/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Family_Entertainment_Cable1.jpg

Add to this No TH Guide ????????

http://www.cth.co.th/schedule/

I am interested in F1......... just looked, Next F1 Practice it says [copy and paste]

23 AUG

2:55 PM & 6:55 PM

Fri

Thank you very much for that just the thing, my wed site came up blank where would us plonkers be without TV and smart Peep's. Edited by fredob43

True has an on-screen 'EPG' that is fairly informative. Press the Guide button on your remote.

• Like 1

Never have had a problem with true indeed when we moved from one island to another true arranged for the transfer of my existing contract at no cost to me . my only problen is that due to them being stingy they lost the rights to the EPL . I to will be having CTH installed this week but will onmly have 115 channels as I live in the sticks and have no adsl line I am hoping to intergrate both dishes onto the same TV if anyone can offer advice how to do this I would be very grateful The true menu works very well we pe-book our channels for up to 6 days in advance it is very easy you just need to know how to use the remote control and the right buttons just go to guide button press channel number then press blue button to go onto next 24 hours as stated you can set the programmes you want to view for 6 days

Never have had a problem with true indeed when we moved from one island to another true arranged for the transfer of my existing contract at no cost to me . my only problen is that due to them being stingy they lost the rights to the EPL . I to will be having CTH installed this week but will onmly have 115 channels as I live in the sticks and have no adsl line I am hoping to intergrate both dishes onto the same TV if anyone can offer advice how to do this I would be very grateful The true menu works very well we pe-book our channels for up to 6 days in advance it is very easy you just need to know how to use the remote control and the right buttons just go to guide button press channel number then press blue button to go onto next 24 hours as stated you can set the programmes you want to view for 6 days

It's easy to have CTH and Truevision feeding into 1 TV. If you have a HD LCD or Plasma TV with HDMI sockets use 2 of the sockets (if your TV has 2). If not,or if you have an older CRT TV, use the AV sockets.

I have CTH,Truevision and GMM feeding into 1 TV !

True has an on-screen 'EPG' that is fairly informative. Press the Guide button on your remote.

Forgot to add ... True still publish their mailed TV guide Pattaya28. I have my August copy in front of me (which I rarely use). Suggest you phone True customer service

The excessive ads on channels like Universal aren't CTH's fault though, if you get the same channels on other service like local cable, it'll be the same. even true do get some ads on some of the pan-asia channels like AXN, I remember some time back the law was that True can't show any ads since they charge customers already, so they have to blank out the foreign ads when it comes on, don't see that as much now.

Yesterday I had mt CTH installed on Koh Samui have to say I was very impressed with the quality of service I had ordered it in Lamai office on Saturday The two guys who installed it were very efficient and the reception in the last 24 hours is better than my true The instruction book is in both Thai and English and you can pre- book programmes just a case of reading thru the book. Realy want to try and interlink both true and CTH together if anyone has any ideas please post them on this forum

It's easy to have CTH and Truevision feeding into 1 TV. If you have a HD LCD or Plasma TV with HDMI sockets use 2 of the sockets (if your TV has 2). If not,or if you have an older CRT TV, use the AV sockets.

Okay my TV has two HDMI points in 1 I have fed my CTH in two I have fed my True visions however when my property was built I had telephone/TV ariel sockets installed in all rooms both my dishes are situated on the same wall but pointing into the opposite directions in order to pick up the right signals , the two cable from the seperate dishes I have coming in at the same point onto 1 arial cable every time I want to switch I have to physically disconect one cable from one dish and visa versa in the ideal world I would like to be able to just swith it on via the reciever box I have tried a satellite splitter but have had no luck I am assuming you have 3 direct feeds from your dishes strait to your 3 receiver boxes and then into the hdmi sockets in your tv am I right or have you managed to use a splitter

Okay my TV has two HDMI points in 1 I have fed my CTH in two I have fed my True visions however when my property was built I had telephone/TV ariel sockets installed in all rooms both my dishes are situated on the same wall but pointing into the opposite directions in order to pick up the right signals , the two cable from the seperate dishes I have coming in at the same point onto 1 arial cable every time I want to switch I have to physically disconect one cable from one dish and visa versa in the ideal world I would like to be able to just swith it on via the reciever box I have tried a satellite splitter but have had no luck I am assuming you have 3 direct feeds from your dishes strait to your 3 receiver boxes and then into the hdmi sockets in your tv am I right or have you managed to use a splitter

I have 3 separate feeds from my dishes into their respective boxes. Each box feeds into a separate HDMI socket on my TV.

I'm not sure but, if you use a 2 way splitter, I think it would have to have a switching mechanism to select which dish is feeding into which box.

The GMM guide is similar - virtually non-existent. I watched Burnley v Bolton yesterday wondering who they would show for the 3pm (UK time) kick-off. Fortunately it was QPR v Sheff Wed.

GMM livesports here, click nextweek if not updated.

http://www.gmmsport.com/highlightsprogram1.php

Weekly

Sportone

http://www.gmmsport.com/gmmsportone-program1.php

Sportextra

http://www.gmmsport.com/gmmsportextra-program1.php

Footballextra

http://www.gmmsport.com/gmmfootballextra-program1.php

Edited by hullupullo
  • Like 1

GMM livesports here, click nextweek if not updated.

http://www.gmmsport.com/highlightsprogram1.php

Weekly

Sportone

http://www.gmmsport.com/gmmsportone-program1.php

Sportextra

http://www.gmmsport.com/gmmsportextra-program1.php

Footballextra

http://www.gmmsport.com/gmmfootballextra-program1.php

Thanks for that hullupullo. I can watch Andy Murray playing in the Rogers Cup followed by the Capital One Cup. Wife not happy!

• 2 months later...

Not working now!

I gave CTH a try as a possible alternative to Truevisions but it's turned out to be a joke. As the OP said no programme guide so i never know what's coming on. The remote works on a ten second time delay. Very few interesting channels except Sky News. The Fox Action movies is good but no subtitles (for the tgf). I am not a die hard EPL fan to it's getting cancelled at the earliest opportunity.

Annoyingly I cant find a simple list anywhere on the CTH site indicating which channels are not sport and are in English. So I just cant tell if it would be worth me having it.

I also wish that they would do a cheaper package that doesn't include the sports channels (which are presumably very expensive for them to provide) for those who just don't like sport. Obviously I would be much more likely to try this on the off-chance than to try a more expensive sports package.

I'm wondering if CTH have caught a cold over their EPL contract. Are they making enough to cover costs? I can watch the matches that I want to see by downloading the torrent from ThePirateBay.com.

The golf coverage keeps me shelling out to True.

quote "Oh gosh, what have I done!"

You like many others and myself have subscribed to a service, that without EPL, would consist mainly of "running away from explosions" movies and a selection of programs that is execrable, even if it was possible to find out what and when might be on.

Jim Jam is very good for toddlers though. No News !

The listing of the EPL games is perhaps the worst way anyone might conceive to display information. How many know the badges of the teams and want to wait ages for the appropriate screen to re-appear.

To compound it while my Smart TV will allow me to record from my pirate cable service, selecting time and duration of different channels, (although only CI (especially American Greed,) and Aljazeera are the only ones I watch,) CTH only allows recording of the running program, but perhaps that is not their fault.

Edited by ajs500