I have had CTH installed. Gosh, what have I done!

wineman

<After a few minutes there was then four minutes of adverts, then six minutes of the program, then four minutes of adverts, then six minutes of the program, and so on and on.>

Sounds like you were watching Fox News channel, LOL.

I also experience this whatever channel I'm on.

• 2 months later...

I keep getting same BIG bill every month, although I paid

Now a form letter in Thai (I know this is Thailand), with a return part to sign. I dont know what it is and am not inclined to find out.

Like many I only got it for EPL..but..I cannot find any schedule of the repeats, is there one ? I can't find by using google or going to their site.

On Stadium 7 I can hear the stuff about historic goals etc, but no sound for Dykes and his pundits, not that what they say is too great a concern to me

but curious to know does anyone else experience this.

Also what are the other channel NUMBERS that are sometimes used for EPL, besides 1-7 please. There are two that are just a symbol.

Appreciate any input please.

Edited by drx13

I keep getting same BIG bill every month, although I paid

Now a form letter in Thai (I know this is Thailand), with a return part to sign. I dont know what it is and am not inclined to find out.

Like many I only got it for EPL..but..I cannot find any schedule of the repeats, is there one ? I can't find by using google or going to their site.

On Stadium 7 I can hear the stuff about historic goals etc, but no sound for Dykes and his pundits, not that what they say is too great a concern to me

but curious to know does anyone else experience this.

Also what are the other channel NUMBERS that are sometimes used for EPL, besides 1-7 please. There are two that are just a symbol.

Appreciate any input please.

No sound on 7? That's definitely not right.

I wouldn't worry too much about the other channels as there are rarely more than 5 games played at the same time. But you are right, to display a symbol instead of a ch number is completely absurd, but this is CTH. Complete clowns.

• 2 weeks later...

Worse thing that ever happened when CTH got the viewing rights for BPL . Altho the football coverage is ok , there is no other channel worth watching the movies are crap . I had an external hard drive with True , so I could record & watch when ever . I go back to UK for a couple of months next week , I have told the wife to cancel CTH . I will sign up with true again when I return in April . Another thing we have not had a bill from CTH for 3 mths which is fine . Would dearly love to see the England vs. France game today can anyone help .

Worse thing that ever happened when CTH got the viewing rights for BPL . Altho the football coverage is ok , there is no other channel worth watching the movies are crap . I had an external hard drive with True , so I could record & watch when ever . I go back to UK for a couple of months next week , I have told the wife to cancel CTH . I will sign up with true again when I return in April . Another thing we have not had a bill from CTH for 3 mths which is fine . Would dearly love to see the England vs. France game today can anyone help .

Yes it is utter garbage, putting the sports and movies to one side I still can't believe that they can't even give you ONE finance channel, like Bloomberg (I wouldn't expect CNBC) You have no chance with the rugby. The only positive is that they don't ever bill me. Of course the PL 'live' coverage is second to none now that we have PLTV and every game in HD but if they hadn't got that right they wouldn't have a single subscriber. Still, you will have some clowns on here stil defending them to the hilt for some reason?

The UK for 2 months at this time of year? Good luck with that *winces*

I've just cancelled my CTH. Thought it was worth a 6 month trial but overall pretty bad. Unless you are a die hard EPL fan forget it.

That is the ONLY reason to have it.

We are talking about a company that cannot even give you a tv guide. Simply pathetic.

Just looked at CTH's TV Guide on the Web. It's advertising over 20 January highlights, and last weekend's EPL games!

<After a few minutes there was then four minutes of adverts, then six minutes of the program, then four minutes of adverts, then six minutes of the program, and so on and on.>

Sounds like you were watching Fox News channel, LOL.

I also experience this whatever channel I'm on.

Still doing this.

I feel that if it was free, or even if some of TV members were paid to have it / watch they'd still find a reason to complain!!!!!

I seem to remember (no, I know!) UBC being far more expensive, reliability was poor (very poor) around SSCC and Mapbrachan, you would be cut off if a payment was a day late, something that doesn't happen with CTH, most channels weren't HD, no Sky News, which is far better than BBC / Fox, or any of the other crap!

Did all you moaners move to Thailand to watch TV, and have a good moan, or was there another reason?

I feel that if it was free, or even if some of TV members were paid to have it / watch they'd still find a reason to complain!!!!!

I seem to remember (no, I know!) UBC being far more expensive, reliability was poor (very poor) around SSCC and Mapbrachan, you would be cut off if a payment was a day late, something that doesn't happen with CTH, most channels weren't HD, no Sky News, which is far better than BBC / Fox, or any of the other crap!

Did all you moaners move to Thailand to watch TV, and have a good moan, or was there another reason?

Correct me if I'm wrong but bthis is a thread discussing the merits of a cable tv provider, namely CTH.

Going by your logic because we have moved to Thailand we therefore are not allowed to critisize a service that we pay for if we don't believe it is a good service? Do you never complain or offer constructive critism about anything simply because you have moved to Thailand and therefore that would mean you are a 'moaner'? In your post you are complaining about True? Why come to Thailand and complain about True? Can you not see the irony?

What an odd way of looking at things.

Edited by Pattaya Pat

I'm happy with CTH.

After a re-tune this morning I now have the GMM sports channels allowing me to watch English Championship football,etc.

If you search through the channels there are watchable movies,Sky News,the SyFy channel,Fox Sports,etc.

Billing is a problem but so was Truevision in their UBC days.

Wait until the World Cup starts then we will all need another dish and system to watch it, unless you go back home.

I'm happy with CTH.

After a re-tune this morning I now have the GMM sports channels allowing me to watch English Championship football,etc.

If you search through the channels there are watchable movies,Sky News,the SyFy channel,Fox Sports,etc.

Wait until the World Cup starts then we will all need another dish and system to watch it, unless you go back home.

Fergie - What ch number is GMM sports?

My CTH has just crashd.Has anyone else got the same problem?i have tried to call the call centre but that seems to have crashed to.Anyone have another number for them in the pattaya area?

As with most set top boxes, they need to be unplugged from time to time........ Try unpluging and then reconnect 5 mins later.

I'm happy with CTH.

Fergie - What ch number is GMM sports?

The GMM sport channels start at 157. 157 - Sport 1, 158 - Club Channel, 159 - Football Max and 160 - Sport Extra.

The old Stadium 6 has been deleted (Stadium 7 is now Stadium 6) but I noticed when watching last night's Premier games that channel 147 - Sport Spirit HD carries the Multi-Picture transmission.

• Like 1