Honda cbr650 2014

Did I say thet were exactly the same?

both bikes weight the same and pretty much the same power

CBR650 87hp produced by 4 cylinders 16v.

Ninja 650 71hp produced by 2 cylinders 8v.

22%+ power in an i-4 engine.

You'll have to forgive me for not continuing. "Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." :)

Edited by Dave 74

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok Google expert, read again. I said exactly the same weight, not power. 20% extra hp sounds pretty close to me, your opinion may differ and I frankly don't care for it. Number of cylinders in these 2 bikes is well known and there was no need for me to mention it.

Any other "smart" remarks?

Sent from a Nuclear Submarine.

Ok Google expert, read again. I said exactly the same weight, not power. 20% extra hp sounds pretty close to me, your opinion may differ and I frankly don't care for it. Number of cylinders in these 2 bikes is well known and there was no need for me to mention it.

You'll have to forgive me, I've already quoted your sig.

Study up and learn more about motorcycles Shurup. :)

You'll have to forgive me, I've already quoted your sig.

Study up and learn more about motorcycles Shurup. :)

mamacitapic1.jpg

You'll have to forgive me for not continuing. "Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." smile.png

on paper the cbr650 should be well ahead but it isnt always the case

twins are well suited to midweight bikes and i dont think in everyday use around town

your going to notice the differnce between 71 and 87 hp

a track race with lap times would be intereting but wel probably have to wait awhile

for that kind of stuff to hit youtube

they are both priced well so that shouldnt be too much of a factor ,the kawa 650 engine has a very proven track record

though that will take a bit of catching up on but there is nothing to suggest the honda will be "worse" over the lifetime

ownership of the bike

in looks , maybe 50/50

i think i prefer the naked cb650 over the er6n

but the ninja650r over the cbr

lets wait and see a good road test review between them and the suzuki 650 aswell :)

You'll have to forgive me for not continuing. "Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." smile.png

on paper the cbr650 should be well ahead but it isnt always the case

twins are well suited to midweight bikes and i dont think in everyday use around town

your going to notice the differnce between 71 and 87 hp

a track race with lap times would be intereting but wel probably have to wait awhile

for that kind of stuff to hit youtube

they are both priced well so that shouldnt be too much of a factor ,the kawa 650 engine has a very proven track record

though that will take a bit of catching up on but there is nothing to suggest the honda will be "worse" over the lifetime

ownership of the bike

in looks , maybe 50/50

i think i prefer the naked cb650 over the er6n

but the ninja650r over the cbr

lets wait and see a good road test review between them and the suzuki 650 aswell smile.png

you feel that 22 percent increase a lot.

Dynamics of an inline four and twin potter is not the same.

22% is a lot but its all relative ,but im talking about usability ,not a hands down race

i have a gsx 1255cc inline 4 if i need more speed but 90% of the time i cant use all that power anyway

if i did id want to be in moto gp quaity riding gear and thailand is a bit hot for that most of the time

22% is a lot but its all relative ,but im talking about usability ,not a hands down race

i have a gsx 1255cc inline 4 if i need more speed but 90% of the time i cant use all that power anyway

if i did id want to be in moto gp quaity riding gear and thailand is a bit hot for that most of the time

i redline my bikes. In the city or not.

Yes, in the city maybe redline on first three gears only but still i like to redline and this bike, you can redline up to 12.000 rpm so that 2 extra cylinder and 22 percent power increase makes a lot of sense for mebiggrin.png

Yes, but an in-line four sounds a million times better than a cr*ppy twin...

I sold my Ninja because it sounded awful... worst thing I did was put an arrow exhaust on it, it made it sounds a million times worse. plob plob plob plob

I also rented a 796 for a few days, I was told the Ducati twin sounds much nicer - still sounded cr*p to me...

Give me an in-line four any day... :)

I have owned all kinds of bikes/engines & all kinds of sizes & configurations

Ok well no triples yet wink.png

Singles, Twins, Inline 4's

2 strokes/ 4 strokes

Loved them all

All engines sound good when singing

Each has its own voice each can be appreciated

on its own merit

Edited by mania

True... I'm still trying to decide between the CB650F and the MT-09 - the triple sounds nice, but not sure if I can warrant an extra 100,000 for it...

extra 120 k plus no abs.

still mt 09 is a better specced bike so that extra is not going to nowhere.

k speed is fast again!

they have some products like sliders, fork stabilizer, tail tidy, front axel, levers, oil nut, fork adjuster, clip ons, hand grips.

It looks like all of them are for other bikes but can fit 650 series or modified for cbr650 except sliders/door knobs!

I will go for fork brace/stabilizer and sliders for now. This timer will not be changing the levers as the feeling of stock levers are really good possibly powdercoat them to black.

Besides, will check for rear seat cover too, it looks not bad.

front axel cum protector is also something nice but the quality and aluminum of the products looks bad even in the photos so will wait for another maker.

Good thing is front suspension adjusters are the same ones on my cbr500r so just use the old one.

I will go to K Speed this week as next weekend is track day and i need the sliders just in case.

http://www.k-speed.net/product_1055880_th

I've seen on my Facebook that moth racing already have frame slider, clip ons, and rear sets for the CBR650f. It might be worth checking it.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Looks like we've got a Biker Great and Hero amongst us.

Stand back in awe lads.

its a bit hard to believe as well since most of the <deleted> day bkk is a gridlocked traffic jam that someone can go around redlining a 650 in 1st 2nd and 3rd without gettin getting splattered like a tomato in the first half hour ................coffee1.gif

Stand back in awe lads.

Kissing arse can leave a bad taste in a mouth, remember to rinse it. ;)

Stand back in awe lads.

its a bit hard to believe as well since most of the <deleted> day bkk is a gridlocked traffic jam that someone can go around redlining a 650 in 1st 2nd and 3rd without gettin getting splattered like a tomato in the first half hour ................coffee1.gif

The CBR650 does 100kph in first.

But this riding God can keep up with 1000cc Superbikes on a 45hp 500cc P-Twin, so you know, it's not his imagination at all. :D

Stand back in awe lads.

But this riding God can keep up with 1000cc Superbikes on a 45hp 500cc P-Twin, so you know, it's not his imagination at all. :D

I believe him. Notice how none of his posts are timed during the running of a MotoGP! Makes you think.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Stand back in awe lads.

our relationship level with your ego can only be this anyway. I can only imagine like i am passing by you on my bike and you are on the pavement standing in awe. You know some ride and some stand in awe on the pavements and get jealous.clap2.gif

We have guys like you here before here. So where is your a.s pain is coming from dave? Your incompetence or did i hurt you before?biggrin.png

Stand back in awe lads.

its a bit hard to believe as well since most of the &lt;deleted&gt; day bkk is a gridlocked traffic jam that someone can go around redlining a 650 in 1st 2nd and 3rd without gettin getting splattered like a tomato in the first half hour ................coffee1.gif

But this riding God can keep up with 1000cc Superbikes on a 45hp 500cc P-Twin, so you know, it's not his imagination at all. biggrin.png

so what?

Cbr650f redlines at 2nd gear around 145 kph and around 170 kph at third, up and down some kms.

So, you say these speeds are not realistic.

Oh, maybe for you not as you might be seeing those speeds only in your wild dreams with a sudden wake up with the pillow in your mouth so might be hard to realize for you. But not for everyone man.

Just grow up dave.

Edited by ll2

Stand back in awe lads.

its a bit hard to believe as well since most of the &lt;deleted&gt; day bkk is a gridlocked traffic jam that someone can go around redlining a 650 in 1st 2nd and 3rd without gettin getting splattered like a tomato in the first half hour ................coffee1.gif

cannot do multiquote somehow!!!

really? I am starting to question your riding skills and knowledge too.

There are many places that you can redline your bike in Bangkok. Underpasses, bridges, empty highways and parallel roads and more.

So, if maybe you cannot do it but it does not mean others cannot as well.

Edited by ll2

I think you're over reacting a bit LL2.

It's great that you can ride a p-twin communter with such skill that you can keep up with 1000cc superbikes.

It's great that you can redline your 200kg cbr650 at 100kph, 145kph and 170kph through the city.

It all just shows how great a rider you are. :)

It's great that you can ride a p-twin communter with such skill that you can keep up with 1000cc superbikes.

It's great that you can redline your 200kg cbr650 at 100kph, 145kph and 170kph through the city.

It all just shows how great a rider you are. smile.png

yes i redline my bike and many riders do the same.

it just shows that i am a normal rider on a sport bike.

But from your comments you look like an incompetent kid with a damaged ego on a scooter or maybe a cbr250.

Edited by ll2

Stand back in awe lads.

life doesnt revolve around the sukhumvit area ...

1) kaset nawamin,

2) ratchprasong over pass,

3) ramintra,

4) ramkhamheang outbound, after outer ring road.

5) srinakarin.

6) king kaew,

7) outer ring road feeder road,

8) rama 4 (or was that 9),

9) chalerm prakiat (udomsuk after crossing srinakarin)

all these roads can be redlined, and thats just one side of town.

coffee1.gif

Edited by KRS1

I wouldn't be so modest.

It's clear your riding skills are well above and beyond that of any normal riders.

Flying through BKK traffic as fast as you can, keeping up with superbikes on a 45hp p-twin. This is the stuff of biking greats mate, and quite frankly, we are all in awe. Enjoy it. :)

Stand back in awe lads.

life doesnt revolve around the sukhumvit area ...

1) kaset nawamin,

2) ratchprasong over pass,

3) ramintra,

4) ramkhamheang outbound, after outer ring road.

5) srinakarin.

6) king kaew,

7) outer ring road feeder road,

8) rama 4 (or was that 9),

9) chalerm prakiat (udomsuk after crossing srinakarin)

all these roads can be redlined, and thats just one side of town.

coffee1.gif

also, ratchapruek road, kanchanaphisek road, highway no 9, Borommaratchanonani road, Ratchadaphisek road, Viphavadi Rangsit road and even Sukhumvit road at times!

There are many more.

I wouldn't be so modest.

It's clear your riding skills are well above and beyond that of any normal riders.

Flying through BKK traffic as fast as you can, keeping up with superbikes on a 45hp p-twin. This is the stuff of biking greats mate, and quite frankly, we are all in awe. Enjoy it. smile.png

you better do and dont speak for others. That is what you can do most and best anyway it looks likeclap2.gif

It all just shows how great a rider you are. smile.png

yes i redline my bike and many riders do the same.

But from your comments you look like an incompetent kid with a damaged ego on a scooter or maybe a cbr250.

170 around bkk in the daytime when the rest of the traffic is barely breaking walking speed @ 5 miles an hour cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

dont ever leave this forum son ,youre good value for the entertainment factor alone .....cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

anyway, thread is in pollution today so just back to the topic.

first Thai made pipes are arriving.

I am hearing about the 'Fire Torch' pipes for some time and even saw some on supersport bikes on trackdays.

They have a carbon fiber slip on exhaust ready for honda cbr650f and only for 4500 thb, a very good bargain!

It looks fine and it is a full open type that they claim it is not super loud but it does not look good installed by the side of the bike. I like the tidy pipe under swingarm and it is good in traffic as well.

I will ask these guys though if they can make custom bracket and shorten the length of connecting pipe to make it an under tail pipe like the stock one or like the ones for kawa er6f and n. That way, it might look good on the bike and price is cool too but not sure if it is technically OK for back pressure etc.

will call them today and maybe go to the track day with this slip on pipe this weekend!

www.xpowerlube.com

post-184955-0-25755200-1395722382_thumb.

post-184955-0-08960000-1395722383_thumb.

post-184955-0-16825600-1395722384_thumb.

post-184955-0-17865700-1395722385_thumb.

post-184955-0-34667000-1395722386_thumb.

Edited by ll2