Thump Thump music until 7.30 am

Last night, here at the pointy end of Plai Laem, we had the pleasure of loud-ish base all night long. Started approx 7 pm and finished at 7.30 am.

Did anyone else hear it?

Do any of you know where it came from?

(My neighbour thought that it was coming from KPG.)

• Like 1

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Woke me up around 2 am.Still up , I am sure the party goers & organizers are nicely tucked up in bed with the air con on having a blissful sleep & occasionally complaining about the noise of barking dogs. crazy.gif

• Like 1

Thanks for the update Angiud. The wind was coming from the North last night. sad.png

Now, I just have to arrange a visit from His Royal Highness the Prince (staying at Sixth Sense) on the same night as the next one. wai.gif

Some very tired people here on the hill. closedeyes.gif

It sounded as though it came from Koh Som.

How unbelievably selfish some people are.

I'm in agreement with TropEvo we need an HRH visit to put a stop to it.

We could cut the power line to KPG. wink.png

You could all pitch in and buy a LRAD devise and send the idot's a message.

The speakers are accurately oriented towards Samui...

tumblr_lxyj5ayP7m1rnq87uo1_500.jpg

Just to keep sparkling the rivalry between Samui and Phangan w00t.gif alt=w00t.gif width=18 height=20>

jesus another word for that is a sound bomb jesus!

• Like 1

bloody hell what about the people at the party they must be def maybe louder next time.

i though my neibours were having a party last night i just found out that it was from koh pHanguan this minute.

Buncha spoilsports.

I think it's truly wonderful that a group of young people are able to enjoy themselves so freely in this way.

There is no strangulation by zoning regulations, police don't know about decibels, there's no time restriction on how long the party can run, there's a ton of blues n buckets n booze, anyone can vomit, anytime, anywhere, without grown-ups spoiling the fun, there's no lectures or tutorials in the morning, the sun will be shining, the sky blue, the air-con will be on in the bungalows and only a few thousand people up to 20 miles away in a southerly direction will have suffered barking dogs, vibrating windows and ceiling lights and migraine headaches, for eight hours or so. A small concession to the land of the smiles.

I wish I was 20 again too. Then I'd be over there and wouldn't give a XXXXXX either.

But I'm not and I do and I wish someone would go around in speaker vans on the day before, like they do when there's a scheduled power cut. That way I can get my earplugs and aspirins in advance (or the speaker vans could stock them and sell them on their rounds. Good business idea). Or just go away for a day or so. I've heard Hua Thanon is nice this time of year . . . and there\'s a bloody great mountain between me and all those nice young folks. . . bless their little dayglo bodypaint socks.

R

i would only support a sound system that is so loud that i could hear on another island if the llegalised drugs. at least that way i could enjoy the music and maybe become one of them. Either that or some triple extra strong maphinne to KO me. or i could just shout some abuse at some random Thai i am sure he would have pleasure in KOing me. done and dusted. I did not know why i was dancing in my sleep that night now i know. i had a dream i was in a party. strang but noone would listen to me. like they could not hear me. so i started to type to them through a web site all of a sudden i got answers. and thats how i became bigC wai.gif

• Like 1

It sounded as though it came from Koh Som.

How unbelievably selfish some people are.

I'm in agreement with TropEvo we need an HRH visit to put a stop to it.

We could cut the power line to KPG. wink.png

And for retaliation we will send in Samui an army of thousand and thousand of smelly, noisy, dreadlocked, old hippies, without a Baht and begging door to door villas and business...

attachicon.gif.pagespeed.ce.eFBhf2OPKe.gimage.jpg

You wanna make us believe there are thousands of such guys in KPG laugh.pnglaugh.png ?

Might find a dozen of them if you go around KPG with loud speakers for a few days, promising free bongs and mushroom shakes, tongue.png

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know if it's the same source , but can hear it here in the hills still. It's 4.55 am & it's not Koh Sum, no lights there.

I was out walking the dogs early this AM at Plai Lam and it sounded as though it might be from the O2 area. Although if it was, I wouldn't imagine 6 Senses

would be too happy.

Buncha spoilsports.

I think it's truly wonderful that a group of young people are able to enjoy themselves so freely in this way.

There is no strangulation by zoning regulations, police don't know about decibels, there's no time restriction on how long the party can run, there's a ton of blues n buckets n booze, anyone can vomit, anytime, anywhere, without grown-ups spoiling the fun, there's no lectures or tutorials in the morning, the sun will be shining, the sky blue, the air-con will be on in the bungalows and only a few thousand people up to 20 miles away in a southerly direction will have suffered barking dogs, vibrating windows and ceiling lights and migraine headaches, for eight hours or so. A small concession to the land of the smiles.

I wish I was 20 again too. Then I'd be over there and wouldn't give a XXXXXX either.

But I'm not and I do and I wish someone would go around in speaker vans on the day before, like they do when there's a scheduled power cut. That way I can get my earplugs and aspirins in advance (or the speaker vans could stock them and sell them on their rounds. Good business idea). Or just go away for a day or so. I've heard Hua Thanon is nice this time of year . . . and there\'s a bloody great mountain between me and all those nice young folks. . . bless their little dayglo bodypaint socks.

R

I'm with you dudel..if only they played Slayer///

• Like 1

I'm very surprised that people on Samui can hear music from a party on Phangan. I live in Baan Tai on KPG, less than 2km from half moon / black moon / shiva moon parties, and I never hear any music.

I understand discussions regarding speaker direction & wind, but surely they do not magnify sound more than 10X? I live just up the road from these parties, and never hear a thing. If sounds from these parties could travel so far (all the way to Samui) surely we, on KPG, would hear the music from The Ark Bar each night.

Maybe the music that Samui residents hear originates in Samui....

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

Sound travels extremely well over water. In Ban Tai you're protected by the wind direction. On Samui we hear this specific party only certain of the year.

You wouldn't be able to hear anything from the Ark Bar or from Chaweng on KP since there's a lot of land mass in-between.

The sound will only travel when it's directly exposed to the water.

• Like 1