Would you have a patch stitched onto your TONGUE to lose weight?

Maestro

Would you have a patch stitched onto your TONGUE to lose weight? Two women try out extreme dieting method. . . and drop 20lbs in 30 days

By Margot Peppers

PUBLISHED: 16:48 GMT, 13 August 2013 | UPDATED: 12:12 GMT, 14 August 2013

Two women have tried out the 'miracle' patch - a postage stamp-sized plastic square sewn onto the tongue - in the hopes of losing weight fast.

Marlene Beltran, 20, and Lysander Lanuza, 27, who both admitted to being unable to control their food cravings, put the tongue patch to the test in an ABC News segment.

Despite the pain and discomfort that came with it, the women were pleased with the results, with Lysander losing an incredible 23lbs and Marlene dropping 18lbs in just 30 days.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2391412/Would-patch-stitched-TONGUE-lose-weight-Two-women-try-extreme-dieting-method---drop-20lbs-30-days.html#ixzz2bx7IJiGA

What a waste of time and money.

"According to a study submitted by Dr Chugay's son and partner Paul, their patients lose an average of 18lbs in 30 days, and they keep the weight off for eight months."

So for $2000, surgery and a lot of pain you lose weight for an average of 8 months.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Yes it's a mechanical method like stapling the mouth. w00t.gif

It really is an extremely horrible method because the "dieters" are learning nothing about more healthful ways to eat after the thingie is removed.

If I was a betting man, I'd bet almost all subjects victims trying this will regain all the weight and usually more rapidly.

Edited by Jingthing

It really is an extremely horrible method because the "dieters" are learning nothing about more healthful ways to eat after the thingie is removed.

If I was a betting man, I'd bet almost all subjects victims trying this will regain all the weight and usually more rapidly.

Well the doctor wins.....

like stapling the mouth...and just open partially maybe they can just put in a smaller patch to hold the weight?

(just joking, it is of course complete nonsense.......Did someone call my diet extreme???)

• Like 1

Jingthing, on 16 Jan 2014 - 17:42, said:Jingthing, on 16 Jan 2014 - 17:42, said:

My ex wife's sister had her teeth sewed together as a last resort to loose weight.

It lasted for about 2 days......then she started liquidising cakes and all kinds of fattening food and drink it with a straw.

The doctor had to remove the stiches...........

Edited by Costas2008

I know this guy who got bariatric. It helps in most cases, very obese people can usually at least become much less obese (but rarely brought to normal). This guy is a failure case. Even though his stomach was shrunk, the small amount of foods that he DOES eat are so high caloric that he's not losing much weight! Another classic case that the best methods are about learning healthier ways to eat (and move) for life without gimmicks. (But bariatric does help lots of extreme cases save their lives.)

Edited by Jingthing

I know this guy who got bariatric. It helps in most cases, very obese people can usually at least become much less obese (but rarely brought to normal). This guy is a failure case. Even though his stomach was shrunk, the small amount of foods that he DOES eat are so high caloric that he's not losing much weight! Another classic case that the best methods are about learning healthier ways to eat (and move) for life without gimmicks. (But bariatric does help lots of extreme cases save their lives.)

People want easy fixes ( i know I would love to too ). But in general there are no easy fixes they all come with a price.

When i was loosing weight at one point i got stuck at a plateau i lasted for over a month i was desperate and took DNP (after having informed myself about the risks and not just read the horror stories). It worked great i broke the plateau and could go on naturally. (might have been able to break it by doubling efforts in cardio but i was already doing everything right calorie counting loads of exercise. It just stopped. But the two weeks on the stuff were hell. (loads of sweating to the extreme no other sides like with stimulants, but the sweating was extreme even with aircon on that it disrupted my sleep. It turned me into a wreck) I can't say that it did not help but its not something i would choose to use (at least not in Thailand maybe on Antarctica)

Just shows I am human and would take an (presumed) easy way too. To be honest I don't think that barbaric surgery or those tongue patches are easy ways. They are major surgery and give a load of discomfort. I had a big blister on my tongue for 2 weeks (before i found out there are cremes to help) I could hardly eat it all hurt a lot. I can only imagine how a tongue patch feels.