Bicycle from UK

Shouldn't have to pay any taxes. If I were bringing one I would take it on a couple of rides before packing to give it a used look. More to worry about is it getting damaged by baggage handlers. Make sure everything is bubble wrapped and it is packed in a strong box. Good idea, if you take the wheels out is to put in axles anyway incase anything heavy is dumped on your bike that could compress the forks or rear triangle.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Shouldn't have to pay any taxes. If I were bringing one I would take it on a couple of rides before packing to give it a used look. More to worry about is it getting damaged by baggage handlers. Make sure everything is bubble wrapped and it is packed in a strong box. Good idea, if you take the wheels out is to put in axles anyway incase anything heavy is dumped on your bike that could compress the forks or rear triangle.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You leave the rear wheel in and there is an insert they put in the front fork. disconnect the rear derailer and tape to the bike, turn pedals around and screw into the inside of crank tape handle bars to top tube should be good to go. I shipped my bike in 1997 to England for a ride around no damage, dropped a few items of clothing into the box for padding once the bike goes in not a lot of room in there.

• Like 1

Technically I think you are required to pay taxes if you're bringing it in permanently but there are plenty of tourists coming in that generally they won't bother with it. Last year I flew into Chiang Mai with a bicycle and customs asked if I was taking it out of the country. I lied and said yes and they let me go.