Thai officials raid 'aphrodisiac', sex-toy vendors

webfact

And what would you need a dildo for when you can have a real live person?!? Unless you're an ugly girl I guess. Or maybe you're a strange dude and you like to diddle your own bumm?!?

Well , some women don't want the whole pig , just need the sausage

And some women like both !! wub.png

Being a man can be very confusing these days blink.png

And what would you need a dildo for when you can have a real live person?!? Unless you're an ugly girl I guess. Or maybe you're a strange dude and you like to diddle your own bumm?!?

It's rather you might want that dildo AND the real person at the same time. I don't think Thais have much use for those things by themselves other than perhaps spicing up the back room of their farang oriented bar.

I have as of yet not found a Thai girl liking the idea of dildos, so it more or less boils down to selling things those affluent farang might like to buy, useful or not, at a good profit.

Don't know about that, while I am away offshore in the oil fields of S.E. Asia I believe the "toy boys" in the bedroom get through a fair few batteries

You mean you guys on the rigs don't have your own battery powered female versions?

A truly absurd police force with an absurd set of priorities - at least that would be the case if money wasn't at the root of everything the police do. They really are a disgrace to Thailand and what's worse is the act they use a prefix to Thai Police which is wholly inappropriate for this mafia organization.

It's rather you might want that dildo AND the real person at the same time. I don't think Thais have much use for those things by themselves other than perhaps spicing up the back room of their farang oriented bar.

I have as of yet not found a Thai girl liking the idea of dildos, so it more or less boils down to selling things those affluent farang might like to buy, useful or not, at a good profit.

Not sure how many of all the Thai girls you have met so be able to make such a statement. In my certainly rather limited experience I haven't found a Thai girl who doesn't like a dildo. Of course, my experience is not too deep in the bar scene, mostly "normal" girls with "decent" jobs and of all ages.

Sadly this has been going on for years, with vendors along main avenues such as Silom/Patpong and lower Sukhumvit.

It is shocking to see how many they are, in full view of the passers by (including children, which is absolutely disgusting)

I can't imagine sex toys vendors on the Champs Elysees in Paris. And the funny thing is they want to attract "quality" tourists. What a joke.

There aren't too many places in the world where a public official is happy to have his photo taken while holding a dildo.....classic!!!. coffee1.gif

Probably his first time. I am always afraid of trying to bring one into the country, I would not like having to say that it was for my personal use.

Edited by Colabamumbai

...and with this raid, the police sends the clear message to the people..."Don't think you can get away without paying our tea money."

I'm sure there will be a run on brown envelopes being bought by sex-product vendors tomorrow.

Business as usual. Nothing to see here. (Except a guy holding a dildo. lmao)

There aren't too many places in the world where a public official is happy to have his photo taken while holding a dildo.....classic!!!. coffee1.gif

Probably his first time. I am always afraid of trying to bring one into the country, I would not like having to say that it was for my personal use.

My Canadian buddy was bringing back an inflatable sheep to his Kiwi friend in Abu Dhabi as a birthday gift gag....just for laughs.

Abu Dhabi customs busted him........Pulled it out of his bag & started blowing it up.

Said he wanted to crawl under a rock. clap2.gif

My Canadian buddy was bringing back an inflatable sheep to his Kiwi friend in Abu Dhabi as a birthday gift gag....just for laughs.

Abu Dhabi customs busted him........Pulled it out of his bag & started blowing it up.

Said he wanted to crawl under a rock. clap2.gif

Inflatable sheep as in sheep? Baa-ah? Four-legged?

A sheep with ... erm ... orifices ?

Or an innocent pool accessory those UAE folks thought to look much like a goat and suspected to be sex toy?

NZ has about as many people and sheep as Germany... just the other way roundrolleyes.gif

What I find offensive is that these dildos and stuff are on sale on the street - apparently in Klong Thom but also lower Sukumvit. I don't take my 11 year old daughter or visiting friends out for Lebanese food in soi 3/1 anymore because of this crap being sold everywhere. Or, if I do go, I approach and leave from Soi 3.

Why can't they just move this crap into shops? Answer: the usual reasons.

I was last in lower Sukhumvit a couple of weeks ago and was genuinely surprised at the amount of vendors openly selling this stuff (Patpong/Silom Road also).

The area is full of scumbags; a Middle Eastern man tried it on with my gf when we were walking down the street and when warned off tried to start an altercation and spat on my friend.

Just a couple of timely reminders why I don't go anywhere near those areas unless I absolutely have to.

What I find offensive is that these dildos and stuff are on sale on the street - apparently in Klong Thom but also lower Sukumvit. I don't take my 11 year old daughter or visiting friends out for Lebanese food in soi 3/1 anymore because of this crap being sold everywhere. Or, if I do go, I approach and leave from Soi 3.

Why can't they just move this crap into shops? Answer: the usual reasons.

I was last in lower Sukhumvit a couple of weeks ago and was genuinely surprised at the amount of vendors openly selling this stuff (Patpong/Silom Road also).

The area is full of scumbags; a Middle Eastern man tried it on with my gf when we were walking down the street and when warned off tried to start an altercation and spat on my friend.

Just a couple of timely reminders why I don't go anywhere near those areas unless I absolutely have to.

I lived around lower Sukhumvit, had an apartment in Soi 8 for a couple of years until moving to Phra Khanong and buying in Soi 46 earlier this year. Can't say that I found the street vendors remotely offensive, no different from anywhere else in Asia, or the world for that matter. Every city has an area where the tourist trade rubs up against the seedier side of life and gives the punters a bit of a thrill, something to giggle over when they are back in their snug suburban world with their friends and a G&T in hand. Mind you I don't have young children to worry about and a liberal minded wife who isn't averse to discussing the relative merits of the goods on sale, although would draw the line at buying off the street.

To be honest when I am in those areas I am more concerned at keeping my hand on my wallet than worrying about what is for sale

• 4 weeks later...