Drunken Russia tourists learn Bangkok lesson in manners

webfact

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good for them! Their names don't sound too Russians by the way...

What's in a name? Traditional Australian names are things like Benjara, Yarrah, Karruah etc but you generally hear of Smith, Ngyuen, Mustafa, Quan etc.

Oyy go easy chooka :P

- My bolding to emphasise my point :P

• Like 1

Nothing new believe me...

Glasgow to Ibiza 30 drunk Brits in the plane 5 were arrested and stuff.. just a few weeks ago. Don't act like Russians are the only ones. You got idiots everywhere.

But feel free to put the Russians down to feel good.

• Like 1

Alexander Aznabayev and Renat Nureyev sounds like what country of origin to you then??

Ufa is the capital of Bashkir province in Russia, so both of these guys are Bashkir nationalities and russian citizens. They both have bashkir last names that's why it doesn't sound like russian last names.

Their nationality will be confirmed on their passport. Of course, some people have more than one wink.png

If they were as drunk as hinted at will they remember being taught a " Bangkok lesson in manners " ?

Where did the airport authorities find a Bangkokian capable of teaching " manners " anyway ?

I wonder if anyone will think to put them on the Immigration computer as " Not Permitted To Land " for any future visits or will TAT be only too willing to welcome them, after all a tourist is a tourist and they need to keep their arrival numbers up.

Are you turning into a Thai baher now?

Might as well seems to be where this thread is going.sad.png

Some people never miss a chance to bashwhistling.gif a Thai. I wonder how many of them are in country or married a bar girl three weeks after meeting them.

• Like 2

"With the duo continuing to refuse to behave, airport staff and flight crew eventually had no choice but to call the police who, without a great deal of difficulty, carted them off to a place where they could rest for a while and reconsider their behaviour"

I hope it was a medival dungeon! ;-)

OH heck ... just some boyish fun.

Sort of getting ready to do the same in Pattaya I suggest ... facepalm.gif

Mind you ... glad they weren't sited next to me.

Behind me or in front of me either!

They weren't 'sited' next to anyone AND they weren't going to Pattaya, THEY WERE going to Siberia bah.gif

details

If they were as drunk as hinted at will they remember being taught a " Bangkok lesson in manners " ?

Where did the airport authorities find a Bangkokian capable of teaching " manners " anyway ?

I wonder if anyone will think to put them on the Immigration computer as " Not Permitted To Land " for any future visits or will TAT be only too willing to welcome them, after all a tourist is a tourist and they need to keep their arrival numbers up.

Are you turning into a Thai baher now?

Might as well seems to be where this thread is going.sad.png

Some people never miss a chance to bashwhistling.gif a Thai. I wonder how many of them are in country or married a bar girl three weeks after meeting them.

Not bashing but not overly protective either.

Have lived here a long time and am not married let alone to someone who only has a nickname.

• Like 2

What's in a name? Traditional Australian names are things like Benjara, Yarrah, Karruah etc but you generally hear of Smith, Ngyuen, Mustafa, Quan etc.

Nureyev doesn't sound Russian? Seriously, have you not heard of Rudolf Nureyev?

Definitely not a cultured individual "that's for sure" But I guess it takes all sorts and it would be confusing if every one was called Vlaidimir, or Sergei wouldn't it. clap2.gif

Edited by johnlandy

Nothing new believe me...

Glasgow to Ibiza 30 drunk Brits in the plane 5 were arrested and stuff.. just a few weeks ago. Don't act like Russians are the only ones. You got idiots everywhere.

But feel free to put the Russians down to feel good.

Or feel free to bash any nationality! The article is about two pissed up Russian passport holders misbehaving at the airport in a dangerous and unacceptable way.

Both deserved to be arrested and punished in accordance with the law.

I'm sure we've all got "traveller's tales" we can bring out - you like commenting about British drunks, even though nothing to do with this topic. I saw two mouthy pissed Germans removed from a plane in Abu Dhabi recently. Saw a British guy arrested at Heathrow from a Thai flight. Had to translate for a crew as two nasty young German ladies got threatening with a middle aged Thai female travelling alone because she reclined her chair. Saw a boisterous group of young Arabs from the UAE get warned about their disruptive behaviour and refused more alcohol. Saw an American refused boarding because he'd downed far too many in the lounge. I could go on, as I'm sure many others could.

There are indeed idiots everywhere. Some cannot control their behaviour. Nothing to do with nationality, everything to do with personality.

These Russian idiots behaviour is not excused by the equally moronic behaviour of other idiots, regardless of nationality

Of course not but some people love bashing Russians while this is something that is quite "normal" in all nationalities. Fact is idiots like that should be punished harshly they inconvenience everyone on a plane. Good thing if they miss their plane and have to pay for it again. I don't care where people are from they all should be kicked off a plane or made to pay a fine to the other passengers for their behavior.

As for it having nothing to do with the story it was quite the same drunk idiots and a plane.

• Like 1

Exactly...............What's in the name, or where they're fromcoffee1.gif Isn't the real issue what color they were wai.gifwai2.gifthumbsup.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 1

OH heck ... just some boyish fun.

Sort of getting ready to do the same in Pattaya I suggest ... facepalm.gif

Mind you ... glad they weren't sited next to me.

Behind me or in front of me either!

They weren't 'sited' next to anyone AND they weren't going to Pattaya, THEY WERE going to Siberia bah.gif

details

What sort of 'details' are you looking for?? Airport codes or wot?

great thread! it led to bashing of two nationalities!!

Have to agree sir and add.......Just another example of a thread which goes off in all directions, mainly south, with most comments having absolutely nothing to do with the original post, and yes including this, my post!

What happened to Bruce?

He fell in the sheep dip and drowned.

• Like 1

Nureyev doesn't sound Russian? Seriously, have you not heard of Rudolf Nureyev?

With all due respect to Rudolf Nureyev he was not an ethnic Russian. I mean he was Tatar by nationality. Majority of Russians believe that they are Orthodox Christians and of Slavic nationality. These two guys are Muslims and certainly they were pissed off to return to Russia and to give up drinking alcohol as among Muslims it is prohibited, as far as I know. Nowadays Muslims terrorize the rest of non-Muslim population in Russia. And police afraid to deal with them too, as they have money and connections to free almost anybody from prosecution. So, being almost aboard the Russian airplane they behaved the same way as they do in Russia. However, they were wrong. Thailand is not Russia.

• Like 2

Alexander Aznabayev and Renat Nureyev sounds like what country of origin to you then??

Ufa is the capital of Bashkir province in Russia, so both of these guys are Bashkir nationalities and russian citizens. They both have bashkir last names that's why it doesn't sound like russian last names.

If Bashkir is a province then it is not a country and are they Russian nationals and have Russian names

• Like 1