Thaivisa 2014/2557 Calendar Photo Contributions

Tywais

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jazcam, just ran out of likes. Your work is perfect.

By the way, do you have a helicopter?

Thank you.

A couple of the shots were from a helicopter. Others are from a multirotor UAV (which I design, build, and operate under SimpleUAVs). Others are simply targets of opportunity.

I have a few more but need to do some post on them before posting and I'll dig through my archives for others that would be a fit for the calender.

I also do sports photography if that's of any interest.

Thank you.

A couple of the shots were from a helicopter. Others are from a multirotor UAV (which I design, build, and operate under SimpleUAVs). Others are simply targets of opportunity.

I have a few more but need to do some post on them before posting and I'll dig through my archives for others that would be a fit for the calender.

I had to Google multi-rotor UAV . . .

Yellow_Quad-074b0.jpg

Looks great fun!

Yes, sports would be great for the calendar.

Pier Infinity....

Black and White HDR at sunset on Chalong Pier, Phuket.

Marvellous but . . .

Viewing HDR photos still makes me feel physically queasy. The stronger the HDR effect the queasier I feel. Don't know why. Others elsewhere have reported this too.

• Like 1

Thank you.

Yellow_Quad-074b0.jpg

Looks great fun!

Can be fun. Can also be bloody expensive particularly when using beta software like I do most of the time.

With that said, there are some pretty decent rigs coming on the market that are quite capable for beginner pilots. Best results takes a LOT of practice though. Pictures are easy. Video is VERY hard to get right.

For example, this was from Phuket Race Week 2011. Ideally we would have used a stabilized camera (the camera was hard mounted) but that would have added too much weight. Equipment available today would have done much better. But, this was all flown FPV (think telepresence) at distances of up to 2.5 km away from the launch boat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13JspbbHtcA

Thank you.

Yellow_Quad-074b0.jpg

Looks great fun!

Can be fun. Can also be bloody expensive particularly when using beta software like I do most of the time.

With that said, there are some pretty decent rigs coming on the market that are quite capable for beginner pilots. Best results takes a LOT of practice though. Pictures are easy. Video is VERY hard to get right.

For example, this was from Phuket Race Week 2011. Ideally we would have used a stabilized camera (the camera was hard mounted) but that would have added too much weight. Equipment available today would have done much better. But, this was all flown FPV (think telepresence) at distances of up to 2.5 km away from the launch boat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13JspbbHtcA

I weigh about 120 kilogrammes (stop laughing at the back) and with gear about 121.5 kilogrammes. Would that thing lift me into the sky?

• Like 1

^ thanks Fiddlesticks... thumbsup.gif

I think I may have already submitted this one, but I brightened it up a little! wink.pngI can't remember! facepalm.gif

Koh Toa...

Koh%25252520Toa%25252520from%25252520Mae

Larger image here.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-HzlCyYPM6Yk/UpfyIHQrZuI/AAAAAAAATxo/MbBgSrNj6H8/s1491/Koh%25252520Toa%25252520from%25252520Mae%25252520Haad%25252520Phen%25252520310.jpg

• Like 2

Thank you.

Looks great fun!

You should look up rcpilot's posts in the CM forum. He has several remarkable videos with his quadcopter.

• Like 1