Can anyone report on these bikes?

OmegaRacer

For both the Suzuki A100 and the Yamaha DT100 parts are your biggest problem, both Suzuki and Yamaha Thailand do not have parts for this bikes available. They are over 35 years old, so you cannot really blame them for not having parts anymore...

For the Yamaha DT125 you can still find parts, but the majority of engine parts are not compatible with the Yamaha DT100.

And again, you are wrong. There are still tons of parts available for these bikes.

It is called NOS, new old stock. And many parts of these bikes have also been used in other models, no problems finding stock.

Enough online shops in Thailand and Ebay stocking everything you might need.

I know this, because I own a classic bike too and I know where to get parts, fortunately most of these Thai classic bike guys speak some decent English.

You can find for every motorcycle a little shop who maybe has the parts you need... the truth is that Yamaha has stopped the production of parts for the DT100 a good amount of years ago... Yamaha normally has parts available for about 7 years after a motorcycle went out of production. The Yamaha DT100 is older than a good amount of the people on this forum and I can ensure you that Yamaha Thailand would be suppriced if you would call them with a part number for this motorcycle and ask if they have stock... first they would probably not even know for which bike it's as the part numbers of the Yamaha DT100 are not even in the computer system....

For both the Suzuki A100 and the Yamaha DT100 parts are your biggest problem, both Suzuki and Yamaha Thailand do not have parts for this bikes available. They are over 35 years old, so you cannot really blame them for not having parts anymore...

For the Yamaha DT125 you can still find parts, but the majority of engine parts are not compatible with the Yamaha DT100.

And again, you are wrong. There are still tons of parts available for these bikes.

It is called NOS, new old stock. And many parts of these bikes have also been used in other models, no problems finding stock.

Enough online shops in Thailand and Ebay stocking everything you might need.

I know this, because I own a classic bike too and I know where to get parts, fortunately most of these Thai classic bike guys speak some decent English.

You can find for every motorcycle a little shop who maybe has the parts you need... the truth is that Yamaha has stopped the production of parts for the DT100 a good amount of years ago... Yamaha normally has parts available for about 7 years after a motorcycle went out of production. The Yamaha DT100 is older than a good amount of the people on this forum and I can ensure you that Yamaha Thailand would be suppriced if you would call them with a part number for this motorcycle and ask if they have stock... first they would probably not even know for which bike it's as the part numbers of the Yamaha DT100 are not even in the computer system....

No need to call Yamaha or Suzuki, there are enough other independent shops who still have loads of stock.

And surprise, surprise, some parts, like the carburator, are still made new in China.

• 1 month later...

Quick update for those who are interested.

I struck a deal for this great looking 1973 Suzuki TS185. I had a test ride a few weeks ago. It looked and run great, but had a clear oil leak from the oil pump. The owner got that sorted and will do the name transfer after the holidays.

Got myself a nice Christmas present! :-))

P1010267.JPG

http://omega-racer.blogspot.com/2013/11/a-1973-suzuki-ts185-on-horizont.html

• Like 2