Thanksgiving lunch/dinner Where?

I also am looking.

As a Yank, born and raised in New England, I would really enjoy a traditional, New England style Thanksgiving meal. Any suggestions will be most appreciated.wai.gif

Is Kat Kan Do in Ban Rak still open? If they are, perhaps you wouldn't mind providing me with directions from Lamai Beach?

Edited by Traveling Sailor

Is Kat Kan Do in Ban Rak still open? If they are, perhaps you wouldn't mind providing me with directions from Lamai Beach?

Paste this into Google maps +9° 33' 52.34", +100° 3' 44.71" thumbsup.gif ...far end of Banrak by the turning to the airport

Paste this into Google maps +9° 33' 52.34", +100° 3' 44.71" thumbsup.gif ...far end of Banrak by the turning to the airport

Thanks for the info. I went and found the place yesterday afternoon. The real name is Cat Can Do. It is opposite the Seatran ferry terminal and this year they will not be serving anything associated with Thanksgiving. Also I found that there is an alternate spelling, "Bangrak".

I hope someone is kind enough to provide another location. coffee1.gif

Welp, looks like no Turkey again for us Yanks.

I've gone without Turkey day for about 15 years.

I MISS CRANBERRY SAUCE!! AND GRAVEY!! AND BISCUITS!! AND A CHOICE BETWEEN LIGHT MEAT OR THE DARK!! AND HAM WITH THE PINEAPPLE CHUNKS ON TOP!! AND APPLE PIE!! AND PUMPKIN PIE!! AND "WHO WILL CARVE THE TURKEY?" AND..........................!!

Ahem....excuse me. I was on a Nastolgic rant..........

Try the Islander in Chaweng. Dennis used to serve turkey on Thanksgiving.

Thanks Wayned. I'll give it a go.

Happy Thanksgiving to all Americans in Thailand!

On Thanksgiving day I went to Chaweng and found the Islander. Although they do serve great English fare, nothing was available for this Yank looking for Turkey, etc.

I had to settle for their standard Thursday special. Not bad, but not turkey. sad.png

Welp, looks like no Turkey again for us Yanks.

I've gone without Turkey day for about 15 years.

I MISS CRANBERRY SAUCE!! AND GRAVEY!! AND BISCUITS!! AND A CHOICE BETWEEN LIGHT MEAT OR THE DARK!! AND HAM WITH THE PINEAPPLE CHUNKS ON TOP!! AND APPLE PIE!! AND PUMPKIN PIE!! AND "WHO WILL CARVE THE TURKEY?" AND..........................!!

Ahem....excuse me. I was on a Nastolgic rant..........

Maybe I'm a little flakey, but I enjoyed your "rant". I would like to add STUFFING and MASHED POTATO. biggrin.png

I've been in Thailand for three Thanksgiving day and the one that I enjoyed the most was when I was in Krabi. A restaurant there went all out. They did their research and came up with a wonderful meal. Although Krabi is a long way from Samui, I just may take a trip next November if I know they will be serving again in 2014. tongue.pngthumbsup.gifcoffee1.gif

Happy Holidays to all!