Pattaya Tourism Concerns over Political Unrest in Thailand

Rimmer

Pattaya Tourism Concerns over Political Unrest in Thailand

politics-6.jpg
PATTAYA:--Business owners around Pattaya City are voicing their concerns over the current political unrest which is gripping Thailand and the potential negative impact it will have on tourist numbers over the High Season.

As the festive season is only days away in Pattaya, which is traditionally the busiest time in the city, the streets have been noticeably quiet with many bars and shopping centers reporting reduced trade, especially from foreign tourists.

Many political commentators are suggesting that the dissolving of Parliament in Thailand and reports of a snap election, will not solve any of the current issues, as many predict a comfortable win for the Pheu Thai Political Party which will be spearheaded by Yingluck Shinawatra who is likely to be re-installed as Prime Minister should her party win.

Pattaya business owners are concerned that continuing unrest will lead to holiday cancellations by foreign tourists,
- See more at: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/111537/pattaya-tourism-concerns-over-political-unrest-in-thailand/#sthash.G7ZUQqcc.dpuf

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-12-10

I am one of those business owners and i have come ot terms already yet again, another year is ruined and there will be no high season.

Previous 2 years, December i had full occupancy and January by this time was already at about 80%

At the moment, i am at 50% occupancy and January is about 30%.

Would have accepeted it was only me if i did not get an email from Agoda below

Dear Valued Thailand Hotel Partner

It has been reported that current events in Bangkok have had an unfortunate decrease in tourist arrivals into Thailand during this peak season. We have been through similar situations in the past and together we have worked to bring back bookings for Thailand.

At Agoda, we will make all efforts to help you re-fill any canceled or lost business as a result of the current situation.

Edited by lemoncake

We put of our usual stay of 3 months from Nov this trip until Feb & just for a few weeks. Just watching.

We went through the Yellow Shirt & the Red shirt thing before & being diverted to Singapore then to Utapao . Don't need to go through that anymore.

In Bali this week instead & I despise the joint . But ..................W T H

coffee1.gif

While feeling sorry for the people who have buisnesses here and do not want them to suffer ,every cloud has a silver lining ,less tourists ,yipee, long may the protests last (sorry lemoncake)

No. Pattaya needs tourist. Low season here feels like deserted amusement park in the winter, depressing and lonely.

Lots and lots of people on the strrets can be annoying too..

But

Crowds of people is what makes a city. When its half empty here, Pattaya feels like a large village with no life, an empty village with unusually many hookers.

While feeling sorry for the people who have buisnesses here and do not want them to suffer ,every cloud has a silver lining ,less tourists ,yipee, long may the protests last (sorry lemoncake)

No. Pattaya needs tourist. Low season here feels like deserted amusement park in the winter, depressing and lonely.

Lots and lots of people on the strrets can be annoying too..

But

Crowds of people is what makes a city. When its half empty here, Pattaya feels like a large village with no life, an empty village with unusually many hookers.

Am i bovered?,do i sound bovered? less the merrier ,once again sorry for all you buisness guys .