Ninja 650r question

robblok

Hi,

I got a 2011 ninja 650r could anyone tell me if and where overheating would be displayed ? I havent seen a symbol for it on the digital display, it might only pop up when the engine is too hot or there might not be a symbol for it at all.

I don't think my bike has a problem but i just like to know. I did do a google seach but could not find it. So if anyone could help me out I would be real happy.

normally all lights should come on when you switch ignition on ,then they go off once bike is started ,this is so you know they are actually working and will come on if fault develops. i might be getting a 2nd hand one of these myself next week ,so no doubt many questions may be coming from myself...

Hi actually all lights except the large beam and the signalling lights come one (just tested out of curiosity). But the large beam light and signalling lights do work.

I got mine second hand too.. never regretted it for a day.

yep thats how it should be only the warning lights will come on water ,oil etc just to show bulbs are working .

Congads on your new bike Rob. I have the ER6n version great bikes & the 2011's pack 4 more HP than the 2012 & 2013's. Let the good times ROLL!

I have had the bike for a while now, but just thought about the engine overheating recently when discussing maintenance with a friend.

I am far from a grease monkey, i'm actually the opposite (wish i was more technical) Assembling computers.. im your man, taxes accounting ect.. no problem. This kind of stuff nope that is not me but i love riding.

Yesterday had a relatively long ride with the gf on the back through heavy Bangkok traffic. Good thing we had a bluetooth device on our helmets so she could guide me where to go. 150 km through bkk traffic (from point A to B to C), i prefer riding 1 up but she is great telling me where to go and went much faster as had we taken the car.

Did take a few illegal flyovers but accepted that if i was caught i would have to pay up.

Congads on your new bike Rob. I have the ER6n version great bikes & the 2011's pack 4 more HP than the 2012 & 2013's. Let the good times ROLL!

I have had the bike for a while now, but just thought about the engine overheating recently when discussing maintenance with a friend.

I am far from a grease monkey, i'm actually the opposite (wish i was more technical) Assembling computers.. im your man, taxes accounting ect.. no problem. This kind of stuff nope that is not me but i love riding.

Yesterday had a relatively long ride with the gf on the back through heavy Bangkok traffic. Good thing we had a bluetooth device on our helmets so she could guide me where to go. 150 km through bkk traffic (from point A to B to C), i prefer riding 1 up but she is great telling me where to go and went much faster as had we taken the car.

Did take a few illegal flyovers but accepted that if i was caught i would have to pay up.

I think if I lived in the BKK area I would just pay the fine myself for the convenience of the freeway apposed to the crawling parking lot.

• Like 1

I think if I lived in the BKK area I would just pay the fine myself for the convenience of the freeway apposed to the crawling parking lot.

I think the problems you get from going onto the tollway ? (is that the freeway you mean) are to much. Just going onto flyovers is not a major problem, it could result in a donation to the cops. I was also mostly on the bigger roads and know i might have to pay the cops for that but I don't worry too much about that anymore. Anyway when traffic is moving they are not out and about. If it gets real stuck while it should not.. cops are about.