How do I remove the speed limiter on my Honda Click-i scooter motorbike?

Unless you've rented the bike and the owner has installed some type of governor, the only speed limiter on your Click is its 8.3 HP / 8.3 Nm 110cc engine and your body weight biggrin.png Even with a light rider, max. speed is around 120, with a heavy rider it will struggle to hit 100.

Edited by IMHO
  • Like 2

If the belt is worn it will reduce the speed slightly. You could buy an after market variator which would give a few kms extra but basically you are limited by Hp. Theoretical limit will be about 110kph

Adding a small fly screen would also help, should be about the same height as the mirrors.

Scoopy, Spacy and Zoomer-X all suffer from the same ailment

Alternatively you could do what kids do here and lie on the seat.

So I take that the after market belt is stiffer than the OEM version?

Where could I get such a belt as it's about to change mine anyway.

Thanks for your reply.

If the belt is worn it will reduce the speed slightly. You could buy an after market variator which would give a few kms extra but basically you are limited by Hp. Theoretical limit will be about 110kph

Adding a small fly screen would also help, should be about the same height as the mirrors.

Not so sure about these suggestions based on aerodynamics - IMHO it's more just a straight power:weight issue. 8HP only moves 170+ KG so fast, no matter if you manage to save 0.01Cd or not.

@OP: if you want something that can do 100km/hr more comfortably, you probably should've bought the 125cc Click. If you want something that goes faster than 100km/hr comfortably, buy a proper motorbike, not a scooter.. ;)

If you just want a little higher top speed, fitting an intake, exhaust and lightweight rims with skinny tires seems to be the standard formula the teenagers all use. But you probably already look silly enough riding a scooter (why is it foreigners never look right on them?), and those mods would only make you look worse :P

• Like 2

I don't own a scooter but was told that if you change the weights in the transmission, swing arm hub(what ever you want to call it), you can get it to go a little faster.

If you really want it to go faster you will need to bore the engine ( maybe to 135cc) and add a CDI. It might run you a little bit like around 5,000 to 10,000 to have someone do it all for you. If you are really interested I have a friend that can help you just PM me

Not so sure about these suggestions based on aerodynamics - IMHO it's more just a straight power:weight issue. 8HP only moves 170+ KG so fast, no matter if you manage to save 0.01Cd or not.

@OP: if you want something that can do 100km/hr more comfortably, you probably should've bought the 125cc Click. If you want something that goes faster than 100km/hr comfortably, buy a proper motorbike, not a scooter.. wink.png

If you just want a little higher top speed, fitting an intake, exhaust and lightweight rims with skinny tires seems to be the standard formula the teenagers all use. But you probably already look silly enough riding a scooter (why is it foreigners never look right on them?), and those mods would only make you look worse tongue.png

Probably, because most of us weigh more than 55kgs dripping wet and are taller than 165 cms. tongue.png

• Like 2

I'd like to do that for my Scoopy too. It's so amazingly aerodynamically styled! 100kph can't barely be the limit for a bike with such sporty small wheels. Maybe I'd also put on bigger rims, then the thin tires. Even more sporty. Makes it easier to jump over the potholes. And perhaps some of these green or blue LED lights....

duhh. speed limit on this "scooter" is inside the bike, It's on the variator and belt travel ratio. cant easity change. NO MATTER the weight the top speed will be the top speed. around real 96Km/h

get a faster bike if you want faster.

• Like 2

blacksuitdandruff, on 27 Dec 2013 - 09:25, said:

VocalNeal, on 27 Dec 2013 - 09:11, said:

So I take that the after market belt is stiffer than the OEM version?

Where could I get such a belt as it's about to change mine anyway.

Thanks for your reply.

A belt is a belt is a belt. Stiffer is not going to make any difference.

Not so sure about these suggestions based on aerodynamics - IMHO it's more just a straight power:weight issue. 8HP only moves 170+ KG so fast, no matter if you manage to save 0.01Cd or not....

...If you just want a little higher top speed, fitting an intake, exhaust and lightweight rims with skinny tires seems to be the standard formula the teenagers all use. But you probably already look silly enough riding a scooter (why is it foreigners never look right on them?), and those mods would only make you look worse tongue.png...

A fly screen used to add a few mph to the old Vespas and Lamberettas in the '60's so no reason they won't do the same on a small Asian scooter.

Some are taller and wider than an average Asian rider so all the more reason to have one. But yes there is difference between a 75kg rider and a 100kg rider.

Edited by VocalNeal

duhh. speed limit on this "scooter" is inside the bike, It's on the variator and belt travel ratio. cant easity change. NO MATTER the weight the top speed will be the top speed. around real 96Km/h

get a faster bike if you want faster.

While speed is limited by the HP and the CVT ratio. Some improvements can be made by changing the variator, as space permitting, there is room for increase in the diameter of the front pulley and/or how far out the belt can travel. Not huge but every bit counts. Also how quickly the bike reaches it maximum is important , not matter what that maximum is and how the bike climbs hills, passes other vehicles etc..

You are right though, 100-105-ish depending upon rider weight and aerodynamics.

• Like 1

Seems to me that 80 km/hr on a Click is a death defying act.

What about 140 on Vespa or in the old days a Lambretta?

Back in 1962 I used to have a Lambretta LD 150 and it would cruise all day at about 90 kph which was about 90% throttle.

Cranking it up to full throttle got me up to about 100kph for about 5 minutes before it started to over heat and then I had to stop for about 10 minutes to let it cool down.

It looked a bit like this but in a pale blue and white hand paint from Woolworths and it had a windscreen.

post-5614-0-43080300-1388819697_thumb.jp

Edited by billd766
  • Like 1

Try google 164cc honda click there is a company making a big bore kit for the click here in Thailand that will have you pulling 150kph, personally 110 feels fast enough for me.

The 164 kit is for the Click 125 which uses the old PCX 125 engine. But the conversion alone won't nett you anywhere near 150kph. Nor will all the extras.

If you start with a PCX 150 which has higher gearing you might get 130 Kph (indicated)

Back in 1962 I used to have a Lambretta LD 150 and it would cruise all day at about 90 kph which was about 90% throttle.

I'm an Li man myself.wink.png It ended up as 200 with a kit from Speeedwell of Acton. Had to go 16T on the front, I think, and a larger rear tire as it didn't have the longer GT gearing.

I always lusted after a Arthur Francis 225 S thumbsup.gif Hence my reference to the 140 kph. There was also a Raffety-Newman Widcat also 225cc.

Edited by VocalNeal

Whatever you are doing to the poor bike, don't forget you will lose your insurance coverage. And going faster than what the Click wants to go on a Click is playing with your life. Just look at the brainless kids and their accidents. bah.gif And please publish in advance where you going to race around so the rest of the population can avoid this area. Thank you.

• Like 1

The only way a Click will go any faster is if you drive off a vertical cliff.

You (and your bike) will reach terminal velocity reasonably quickly.

Suggestion - wear a good helmet. thumbsup.gif

Sure, my 115kg ass does limit the speed to about 90 with a tail wind.