Botox, Restalyne...are They Real?

Scott123

I have heard so many stories that some Thai doctors use fake (or thinner) Botox and Restalyne.

I plan to do Botox and Restalyne at Bumrangrad next month. I wonder if it is ok to ask to be present when the nurse prepares the needle/syringe?

Edited by Scott123

This problem has indeed occurred in Thailand but you won't encounter it at Bummers for sure, and not at most hospitals.

Personally I get my Botox from Dr. Nat at Apex (who also works at Bummers -- but it costs a little more there than to get it from her at Apex). The vial is right there on the shelf next to where the patient sits and she draws it up herself. In my experience she is the best for Botox -- a lot does depend upon the skills of the dcotor in knowing exactly where and how much to inject. I haven't always been happy with other services/treatments at Apex but for Botox it's great.

That is a fact and international patients that shop for the cheapest health care often get it, but end up paying more in the end. Health care is afforadable here, so skip on cheap and get quality. Apex is a very nice facility with lots of options, but they have inflated prices as they cater to the "Hi-So".

Check out http://www.radianceskinclinic.com/ you may find them to be more affordable and more attentive staff. Tell them Rich from Bangkok Smile Dental Clinic sent you. Either way stick with the well known clinics with reputable testimonials and certifications.

However this points out of having standardized medicine in Thailand. Although I like the idea of generic drugs, it opens the window for scammers and lower standards. The FTA would help pass measures to get rid of this.

-Rich

Is Dr. Nat at the Apex at Emporium or Siam Center?

She has hours at both, by appointment. Call the clinics as the schedule frequently changes.

Siam = 02-658-1196

Emporium = 02-662-6018

Most of the cost of Botox is for the drug itself, with the result that there is not much variation in price (unless the place is using a fake substance!). For other treatments (like laser, IPL etc) though it's true that Apex is towards the high end, although not as high as Bumrungrad.

I've had botox both here in Thailand at Apex and in The UK. At Apex, I always had to go back for a top up because she never injected enough. This never happened in the UK. Now my vanity days have passed so, thankfully, I don't have to meet Dr Nat anymore!