Cashing a Canadian business check in Thailand - possible?

I have somewhat of a problem. I own a Canadian corporation and have received a check in the business name for about $3000. Normally, I would just cash the check at my bank in Canada but as you may have read in the news, my bank (HSBC) is closing small business accounts globally in order to focus on smaller clients, so I don't have a bank account in Canada under the business name until I go back to Canada and open a new one, which I didn't plan on doing until the end of this year.

I know some people have cashed personal checks in Thailand that were issued overseas. Does anyone know if that's also possible with checks under a business name? I have the corporate documents of the company showing me as the owner, but I don't know if that would work.

If anyone has any experiences, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

I would endorse the business cheque and then endorse it again with your name, then deposit the cheque into your Thai bank account. It should be processed in about a months time.

I did this by depositing a US business check in my Bangkok Bank savings account. It took about 3 weeks to get the money.

My banks in the U.S. ( Wells Fargo & BofA) on their websites have a provision for taking a picture with my smart phone of checks and making an instant deposit that is promptly accredited to my account. You might check to see if your bank has same service.

just trying to helpsmile.png