Police raid Central Pattaya hotel and arrest 5 illegal foreign workers

webfact

Police raid Central Pattaya hotel and arrest 5 illegal foreign workers

laos-1.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Five Laos Nationals were arrested and face deportation following a Police raid on a Central Pattaya Hotel on Tuesday afternoon.

The raid took place at the Bella Express Hotel on the Central Pattaya Road, in conjunction with officials from the Ministry of Labor. A total of 30 foreign workers were checked to ensure they possessed the correct work permits and visas.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/114369/police-raid-central-pattaya-hotel-and-arrest-5-illegal-foreign-workers/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-01-08

My guess is there is such a shortage of Thai staff the hotels are willing to hire anyone they can get.

Really not sure what the problem is, every Thai who wants a job can find one easily. These poor guys

take the jobs that Thais don't want like the construction jobs. blink.png

A Laos worker makes a H_ll a lot less that a Thai worker!... There's your answer ;)

Next year ASEAN comes into force. I wonder if Laotians will need a WP after that. There might be a sudden improvement in English skills of the clerks when workers from surrounding countries enter the trade.

I think ASEAN has been around for 30 years or so.

You're correct, of course. Meant the AEC, these days when you hear talk of ASEAN that's usually what's being meant.

I'm sure the Thais will figure out some nifty rules to stop the free movement of labor. I remember reading from the net Singapore was planning to have a cap on how many foreigners could work in a company, something like that would do.