German victim of necklace snatch in Jomtien

webfact

There is something not right, why the police are putting their arms round the offenders rather than finger point? Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

The Force is strong with this one, Obi-Wan. Maybe we can turn him to the Dark Side.

or of course it could be his son......

Edited by bangon04

Now if they could only work as fast when the scion of an influential family runs down and kills one of their own in his Ferrari.

Four more reasons why Thailand"s Future is so BLEAK !!!!!!!!!!

There are 2 sides to this..............while i heartily agree that all theft is wrong and should be punished accordingly, there is always the "show off" farang parading his wealth to try and impress people. It seems that 90% of them who come here seem to think they should have the appropriate dipshit accessories...............gold, tattoos, earrings.........trying to be something they were not and couldn't be in their own countries of origin. They parade in front of people who have little possessions, and even less intelligence. Poverty promotes crime the world over.

{ farangs with dipshit accessories ...........gold, tattoos .} Sir remove the rose tints and you will see most thais in Pattaya have these "dipshit accessories" Wise up

People come to Pattaya to have a holiday, be free and relax, so they are not thinking of the worst that could happen. Tourist in any tourist area are easy marks. What to do about it, I really dont know. I try to be aware of what goes on around me, but we cant be James Bond all the time. Things happen here that would never happen back home, so we are not ready for it.

I find it hard to believe many of these stories of such quick apprehension. The German was able to give such a good description of two guys on a motorbike going past him, so he only saw them from the rear, then was able to call the police and explain to them in German or English what the two guys looked like, then the police were able to ID every motorbike in Pattaya/Jomtien with 2 guys on it. And what is it with these thieves, why do they always seem to hang out a few blocks away, waiting to get caught. Wouldn't you think they'd go hide for awhile.

You have no way of knowing what the German saw or how long he saw it. Maybe he actually saw the plate number or the bike and/or the thieves had very distinguishing features, etc., etc. Don't make up assumptions to "prove" what you've already concluded. And don't be so puzzled that snatch thieves are stupid.

Edited by HerbalEd

Always good to see some of these scum caught.

Although I wonder how long before they are on the streets doing the same again soon.

Certainly the kids will be running around in no time.

It really seems to be an escalating problem, and the police huddle together to show off the odd ones they do catch, I would like to see the crime figures to see if the adulation is justified.

Edited by jacko45k

There is something not right, why the police are putting their arms round the offenders rather than finger point? Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Victims point, not the police. The police just enjoy the photo op

I find it hard to believe many of these stories of such quick apprehension. The German was able to give such a good description of two guys on a motorbike going past him, so he only saw them from the rear, then was able to call the police and explain to them in German or English what the two guys looked like, then the police were able to ID every motorbike in Pattaya/Jomtien with 2 guys on it. And what is it with these thieves, why do they always seem to hang out a few blocks away, waiting to get caught. Wouldn't you think they'd go hide for awhile.

Agree.

I had a small gold bracelet ripped off my wrist when riding my motorcycle in Naklua. I gave chase but lost the scumbag.

Went straight to the police station within 20 minutes and had the description and the motorbike number - but was told to wait to see someone.

It was almost an hour before the old guy behind the desk graciously allowed me to tell him what happened as he wrote his hundredth report of the day in the report book.

I offered the description and motorbike registration number - but he told me he "didn't need it" however promised to contact me if they ever recovered my gold.

No radio call to other cops, no interest, and still waiting that call.............. (not)

so yes, astounded to read that this guy called the cops, even more astounded that they answered the phone. Amazed that they took the call, got the description and radioed out to every cop in Pattaya to 'keep a look out for ....'

and absolutely bowled over to read that almost instantly the cops hunted the thieves down and arrested them.