Internet , Acting Strange,,,, but This IS Thailand

Gonzo the Face

I noticed during the problems yesterday that, as BawBae mentioned, the problem was with DNS failing to resolve host names or taking a very long time to do so. I changed the DNS settings in my router to use public international DNS servers instead of the provider's default DNS servers and everything immediately returned to normal.

The IP addresses for the Google Public DNS servers are 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

OpenDNS IP addresses are 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220

Both organizations have some information on their web sites that can help with how to set DNS server addresses for those that don't know.

Everything seems to be back to normal now but changing the DNS settings will be something I'll do if this occurs again for any length of time

If you want to change your DNS quickly and easily try the app, DNS jumper,(google it)

includes a list of 40 different DNS addresses from around the world, you can find the

fastest most reliable one.

regards Worgeordie

I live near Chan Klan road just down from Pantip Plaza and my 3BB connection has been down since last night. Router info shows good up/down speed connection but there seems to be no DNS connection. Anyone else having similar issues?

David

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand