How good are multicity deals?

tartempion

I will fly BKK-BRU around end of August en plan a visit to Montreal half September, return to Brussels for a week or two and come back to Bangkok early October.

I usually fly business class and did this trip last year on Etihad to/from BRU and Air Canada metal to from YUL (Montreal), paid around 2000 euro for EY and 1750 for AC, total 3750 euro.

I did a simulation on 9W (Jet Airways) for this trip and although the price is rarely identical I almost end up under 3000 euro, the problem is 9W flies to Toronto. I haven't visited YYZ for a long time, but would loose the financial advantage paying for a few nights hotel and return airfares to YUL. Might have a friend drive down to Toronto to pick me up, won't make that much of a difference.

It is a fact that at today's normal prices fare would be 2x2500 euro, thus finding promotions around 2x2000 euro versus less than 3000 makes me think...Might also consider flying economy to save money, seems on 9w you can combine fares by segment.

Seems also business class BKK-BOM is old style seats, BOm-BRU and YYZ is new A330/300.

BOM opening a new international terminal next month? (Unlike Doha Hamad never opening new airport)

Any comments on flying 9W is welcome, eco and business experiences, thanks.

I've had a couple of upgrades to Business-class on Jet, it's OK but not stunning, and the BKK-BOM flights are of course on a narrow-bodied B738/B739 so 2+2 seating in Business.

The new Mumbai international-terminal is supposed to be in-use by passengers from mid-February, last I heard.

I think you'd be better off using a TA who could sort out options for you in minutes.

Generally speaking, a round-trip routing via Europe with a single stop-over and/or open-jaw, would yield the best price.

Most fares allow for a single stop-over, which you would utilize for something in/near BRU on either the outbound or return - but not both - segments. Some fares also allow for an additional open-jaw, but maybe not in the same region as the stop-over, so you could use that in Canada: arriving YUL, departing YYZ.

Stringing together two separate tickets, especially to/from Europe in ultra-high season, will generally be more expensive.

So BKK-YUL-BKK.