PM Yingluck assigns responsibilities, give authority to enforcers of emergency decree

webfact

PM assigns responsibilities, give authority to enforcers of emergency decree
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has invoked Article 13 of the Emergency Decree on Public Administration in Emergency Situation, B.E. 2548 (2005) to make the following announcement to increase authority and set responsibilities of officials enforcing the decree.

1. Officials shave have the authority to arrest and detain persons suspected of collaborating in creating a situation of emergency or suspected of ordering such an action or disseminating information that leads to a situation of emergency as well those who support or conceal information about an act that leads to a situation of emergency. Officials must make arrest only when necessary to prevent such persons from committing actions or collaborating with others in committing actions that will lead to violence. Or officials can make arrests to prevent violence. In doing so, the officials must observe Article 12 of the Emergency Decree on Public Administration in Emergency Situation, B.E. 2548.

2. Officials will have the authority to summon any person to report himself or herself or to testify or hand over any document or piece of evidence related to a situation of emergency to the authorities.

3. The officials will have the authority to issue orders to impound weapons, consumers' goods, chemicals, or any other object when it is suspected that such products or objects are used for creating or supporting a situation of emergency.

4. The officials shave have the authority to issue orders for searching or demolishing buildings or any structure or object when such an operation is necessary for ending a situation of emergency as the soonest and if inaction would prompt the officials to be unable to prevent untoward incidents in time.

5. The officials shall have the authority to issue orders for checking letters, books, publications, telegrams, telephone conversations and other means of communications. The officials shall also have the authority to stop or suspend any means of communications to prevent untoward incidents. In doing so, the officials must observe the criteria that are stated in the laws on investigations of special cases mutatis mutandis.

6. Chiefs of officials shall have the authority to prohibit actions or order actions necessary for keeping the national security and safety of the country and the people.

7. The officials shall have the authority to prohibit any person from leaving the kingdom when there is justified cause to believe that the departure of such person will affect the security of the state or safety of the country.

8. The officials shall have the authority to order aliens to leave the kingdom when there is justified cause to believe that they support actions that lead to a situation of emergency. The immigration laws shall be applied mutatis mutandis.

9. The officials shall have the authority to require approval prior to the selling, purchasing, using and occupying of weapons, goods, medicine, consumers' products and chemicals or any other object that may be used for creating a situation of emergency.

10. The officials shall have the authority to issue orders to prohibit the blockades of traffic or transportation routes or any action that will disrupt transportations in any area under the state of emergency.

11. Military officials as stated in the PM's Order No: Extra 2/2014 must appoint supervisors and operation chiefs and officers to carry out operations to solve the situations of emergency. They must help Interior Ministry officials and police in prevent violence and controlling the situations to bring about peace and order urgently. All of these must be done in accordance with the PM's order.

12. When carrying out operations under this announcement, officials must use necessary and suitable measures by trying to minimizing hardship to the people more than what necessary.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-01-22

Rear Admiral Winai Klom-in, commander of the Navy’s Naval Special Warfare Command should be asked to produce information he has concerning foreigners' involvement and the movement of MIB. He should be arrested if he refused to cooperate.

Besides the fact you are in the wrong thread, what indicates to you that he hasn't already done this?

Have you noticed the one person not giving orders, in the hope of plausible deniability? Good luck with that dearie.

The old adage"why have a dog and bark yourself" comes to mind.

She has the absolute right to designate.

• Like 1

Have you noticed the one person not giving orders, in the hope of plausible deniability? Good luck with that dearie.

Yep. As long as she understand the buck stops with her.

And Yingluck hasn't weathered well in this crisis but to say she's a dog is a bit harsh :lol:

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Well, I guess this successfully shuts up all foreigners, who don't agree with how the Government is handling this. Since I don't want to get kicked out of the Country, I guess I won't be posting for the next 60 days. WPFflags.gif

After all, there are other, more important things to do anyways... drunk.gifburp.gif

PM Yingluck assigns responsibilities........cheesy.gif

When was the last time she took responsibility for anything??

So now the power is transferred from an airhead to a drunk airhead!!

We will let you know the first time it happens .... they will probably make it a national holiday

Rear Admiral Winai Klom-in, commander of the Navy’s Naval Special Warfare Command should be asked to produce information he has concerning foreigners' involvement and the movement of MIB. He should be arrested if he refused to cooperate.

Besides the fact you are in the wrong thread, what indicates to you that he hasn't already done this?

No wrong thread here. My comment was all about the Emergency Decree. At the moment, item 2 and 5 of emergency decree applied directly. I did not indicate in any way that he hasn't already cooperated under the emergency decree but that he should be asked to cooperate.

7. The officials shall have the authority to prohibit any person from leaving the kingdom when there is justified cause to believe that the departure of such person will affect the security of the state or safety of the country.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gif

A few years too late, methinks......

But appertaining to foreigners who are down to their last 750 US dollars( air fare ) then they have full backing of the Thai government to leave forthwith.

Three things. One, this gives the Yingluck administration carte blanche to do anything they like. It is a playpen of unfettered and unrestricted power. Two, the most chilling provisions go to the media, and even books, the searching of letters, and other forms of invasive practices. Three, the section referring to the military - near the bottom of the announcement - looks more like an admonishment that anything else, and entreats the military to do the bidding of the administration. Fascinating that the document also seems to ignore the possibility of what a senior Thai Navy officer revealed yesterday - that Cambodian mercenaries are being smuggled in to deal with the protest movement. As the Navy knows about this, and as the army knows about this, one can only assume that the administration can no longer afford to look the other way, as they are - by their own admission - pledged to protect the Thai people.

Well, I guess this successfully shuts up all foreigners, who don't agree with how the Government is handling this. Since I don't want to get kicked out of the Country, I guess I won't be posting for the next 60 days. WPFflags.gif

After all, there are other, more important things to do anyways... drunk.gifburp.gif

I suppose you have a valid point there, low profile from now on. Post on non political topics everyone. No guarantees here on TVF ??

Me thinks it would make a refreshing change to talk about life for us here, maybe giving each other experiences/ more smiles/ making more friends.

After all we are only reacting to snippets out of a newspaper that we have to accept or not post.

Yingluck may well be out for revenge on behalf of her brother, so until changes are made SHTUM is the word.

• Like 1

You mean your not using a proxy or an internet cafe ?? oh dear its a bit late now m8 every post made is logged forever.

Its also a piece of cake to follow and track down IP addresses so if you have posted on your home comp thats that. ;)

Yep. As long as she understand the buck stops with her.

And Yingluck hasn't weathered well in this crisis but to say she's a dog is a bit harsh laugh.png

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

At least he didn't call her a bitch. smile.png

Edited by bigbamboo

Hey guys ?

I just surveyed the points everyone has made since this translation of State of Emergency" conditions hit the media.

This forum is running about 85% OPINION to 10% FACT proving that while it's not really necessary to share one's heartfelt considered opinion with all and sundry, most people DO just that.

Facts allude most posters here in this rather entertaining and relaxed forum.

Name calling, smearing, the disguise of opinion as fact, sophistry and bald unsubstantiated assertions of those who crave their place on the pedigree bus and guard it as jealously as Bangkok matrons guard their first-born sons are still mere opinions.

Biggest surprise to date with all this frou-ferrah has been a realization that the pedigree bus to the brain-dead Yellow hi-so nirvana is not as long or as luxurious as they'd hoped.

Looking more and more like a dwindling fleet of, (ahem, cough, cough, *burp*) rather short busses.

(This is just an opinion if course but simple induction goes a long way to supporting a highly provable assertion, here)

Oops, fough-bowgh's on telly and there's me bus.

Let's have those witty tweets now shall we, eh ;-?

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app