Moto GP - WSBK - 2014

soihok

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

McWilliams must be near on 50 years old. Surely not.

As for Gresini , I hear he is going in with Aprilla.

Yep 50 this year

An one of the first to put the elbow down not Marc.

I was doing track days at 52 so Jeremy McWilliams is still young.biggrin.png

• Like 2

My last time on track was about 24 years ago = bike was a Suzuki GS1000E on plastic tyres blink.png

Go for it Jezza!

You can't be that old buddy.laugh.png

My youngest son from what I remember in the UK has just has just done his first track day and from his response his got the bug.biggrin.png

Racing days are always the best days. I never raced big bikes but did 50cc uk endurance chapionship and was in the team that won the 1999 air cooled 2 stroke category. Great times indeed.

Sent from a telephone, which make and model is no concern of yours….

• Like 1

Thanks for that, explains the situation better.

I hope Scott gets a factory RCV, and not a Ducati ride or an Aprilia.

Its going to be interesting in the race today (which I will miss as I am collecting my family from the airport - this will make it the 3rd Moto GP race in a row I will have missed live sad.png - but some things must come first).

• Like 1

Sorry to see McWilliams so far back on the grid. I think he had a couple of falls , which at 50 years old is not good.

I hope things go better today.

Is McWill actually on the grid?

He was outside the 107% of pole time yesterday afternoon, which according to the Dorna commentators leaves him not qualified for the race.

But in another forum, I have read that in order to qualify a rider has to be within 107% of the fastest rider in any of the official sessions, which McWill did achieve....

I can't find confirmation of either of these situations so I don't know if we actually race or not.

I have just read an article where McWilliams has stated " I am pleased we qualified "

Although 35th and last, McWilliams was within the 107% time.

"I'm happy that we're qualified with a brand new project at the world championship, so that's no mean feat, but we're always striving for better things and we need to go faster. We won't be happy until we find three seconds."

• Like 1

Watched a reply on Fox sports at 3 in the morning.

Great races from Silverstone. Nice to see Lorenzo right up there with MM, great scrap. So MM makes it 11 wins = wow.

Shame the following three riders couldn't be with them (Dovi, Rossi, Dani).

The Moto3 and Moto2 races were also very good.

Only been to Silverstone once, it was a Truck race in the rain in something like 1987. It was certainly a spectacle watching the trucks spinning up sideways in the corners as well as them coming down the straight spinning 360 degrees, well crazy.

The same day we watched a bike stunt show by a guy and a dancing girl doing tricks on a Kawasaki Z1300 (6 cylinder), they were just as entertaining as crashing trucks. That girl had nerves of steel!

I think Crutchlow is talking himself out of GP with his comment that " at this moment in time I could go faster on a Superbike "

I did not see that but if he said it I agree with you

Riders should come & leave respectfully

Like Hayden did

You know he was a great Ducati worker & you could tell it did not suit his riding style but

pretty positive & upbeat & at least always tactful/respectful

Not to mention Dovi showing the bike while not on the same level as say Honda is no slouch either.

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

Kind of makes you wonder why all the hype about Miller really....

I really hope he doesn't get gifted a MGP ride based on a few decent performances early this season.

Well, the last thing I read about Miller was that he would either go to Moto 2 with Marc VDS, or go to MGP on an open Honda.....

As Marc VDS have just announced that Alex Marquez has signed for them (and Rabat stays), that means that Miller has only one possible option....

I hope I'm wrong but I reckon he'll have a tough 2015 on an open Honda if that's where he goes.

Good for Marquez Jr. though, doing it the "proper" way.

I prefer them to do it " the proper way " Two or Three seasons in the lower class , champions or runners up , then up to Moto2 .

It is how all the best riders do it as you can see from the MotoGp results present and seasons gone by.

• Like 1

I really hope he doesn't get gifted a MGP ride based on a few decent performances early this season.

Well, the last thing I read about Miller was that he would either go to Moto 2 with Marc VDS, or go to MGP on an open Honda.....

As Marc VDS have just announced that Alex Marquez has signed for them (and Rabat stays), that means that Miller has only one possible option....

I hope I'm wrong but I reckon he'll have a tough 2015 on an open Honda if that's where he goes.

Sorry to say , But you sound like you are just jumping onto the band wagon from comments made bye the British commentators of Moto-3 at Silverstone ., And those comments were; Miller has been pushed back to 10 th place and he then broke in to laughter from his own comment. Edited by ib1b4

For a very young guy to jump directly from a Moto3 ride straight onto a MotoGP bike doesn't make sense.

Not only that, it is also to extent unfair,I don't know of a rider that has been so gifted to be treated to that, do you? (Although he is good). The backers of J.Miller must have high up connections or deep pockets.

Better for him to move to Moto2 to further his career in my opinion.

Are you from down under by any chance?

Edited by soihok

Sorry to say , But you sound like you are just jumping onto the band wagon from comments made bye the British commentators of Moto-3 at Silverstone ., And those comments were; Miller has been pushed back to 10 th place and he then broke in to laughter from his own comment.

No need to be sorry, you seem to have misunderstood me.

I did not enjoy seeing Miller struggle to get near the podium as you think the commentators did (I don't even recall them laughing about it either, but I guess you watch on a different feed and get different commentary).

As for jumping on band wagons, look back to my post a month ago regarding my opinion that Marquez would be the Moto 3 rider that would do better going straight to Moto GP rather than Miller. I said it then and I'll say it again now, even after congratulating Marquez publicly for signing with Marc VDS.

I have no grudges to bear, neither do I prefer any nationality of riders, I openly criticised Gibernau when I lived in Spain and felt no need to be apologetic, I am British but openly say that Smith is very lucky to keep his M1 and that Crutchlow getting the LCR ride is pure sponsorship demands.

I'll be the first person to congratulate Miller if he wins the title, but even if he wins every race from now on I still won't think that its a good idea to go straight to MGP.

Now its my turn to be apologetic, so sorry if you don't like my opinion, but it is what it is and if you don't agree, please feel free to add some more points to back up yours (which is presumably that Miller will find MGP a walk in the park?). You never know you might even make me change my mind!!

• Like 1

For a very young guy to jump directly from a Moto3 ride straight onto a MotoGP bike doesn't make sense.

Not only that, it is also to extent unfair,I don't know of a rider that has been so gifted to be treated to that, do you? (Although he is good). The backers of J.Miller must have high up connections or deep pockets.

Better for him to move to Moto2 to further his career in my opinion.

Are you from down under by any chance?

What you are saying I fully support ! Miller should definitely not go from moto-3 up to a 1000 cc gp bike , he still has a lot to learn first and that can be learnt in moto-2 .In my opinion Miller is a talented rider but appears lazy in practice & qualifying but manages to do much better in race conditions. And in moto-3 it is very difficult for any rider to constantly be a winner , as with Silverstone 2/3 of the race was completed and still any of the top 15 riders could have won that race. For me Rins was the rider I wanted to win and he just managed to d it.

• Like 1

Got to see motogp today interesting race well done Jorge and Vale and Dovi is just really good at his job.

Marc was out of this world as usual and I reckon glad to win at Silverstone this year against Jorge, kind of a revenge and proving once again his the one, there can only be one. biggrin.png