soihok

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes he will compete in both .

Josh Herrin Dropped From Caterham Moto2 Ride, Ratthapark Wilairot To Replace Him For Rest Of 2014
Submitted by David Emmett on Fri, 2014-09-05 15:37

Josh Herrin's difficult debut year in Moto2 has come to a premature end. The AirAsia Caterham Moto2 team today announced that from the Misano round of MotoGP, Thai rider Ratthapark Wilairot will take the place of the 24-year-old Californian. Wilairot is currently riding in the World Supersport championship for the Core PTR Honda team, but the remaining WSS schedule will allow the Thai rider to compete in both series. Wilairot already subbed for Herrin when the American broke his collarbone in a training accident back in April.

• Like 2

WSBK today and Baz is on pole.

But, looks like I am going to miss out on yet more live races.

My missus has accepted an invite to attend a neighbours birthday celebration tonight facepalm.gif

I might be using the "I think I left the lights on, I'll be back soon" kind of excuse.

To add to this, next Sunday we move from Malaysia to Singapore, so I have already accepted that I'm going to miss the MotoGP sad.png

No wonder I am losing track

Well I managed to catch both WSBK races and the WSS race in the end.

Bonus.

Congrats to Michael Van Ver Mark on becoming the 2014 WSS Champ by a country mile. Well done boy!!!

WSBK, Marco domination again. Great race 1, very boring race 2.

Sykes still on track to take the title.

Nice to see Chaz Davies on the podium, so soon after passing his bike test for the UK roads.

I am looking forward to Misano this week

Jorge won there in 2011,2012 & 2013

Wonder if he will make it 4 or will MM upset...again wink.png

Dani won here in 2010 & Rossi 2008 & 2009

So top 4 will all have hopes I guess

Edited by mania
  • Like 2

As well as some good racing, I'm anxiously waiting to see who will win the raffle for the Honda RCV with Scott Redding's name on it!

Seems like Gresisni will have to throw in the towel, but will Marc VDS be there with the cash waiting?

Also looking forward to see Wayne Gardner's son get his early debut in GPs.

• Like 1

As well as some good racing, I'm anxiously waiting to see who will win the raffle for the Honda RCV with Scott Redding's name on it!

Seems like Gresisni will have to throw in the towel, but will Marc VDS be there with the cash waiting?

Also looking forward to see Wayne Gardner's son get his early debut in GPs.

It appears to me Marc VDS has a lot of dough & also some powerful friends.

I am thinking they will do it & grab Scott

Also I think they want into the GP class but only on something competitive.

We will see soon though

One thing I like about that Team is seeing the owner & his wife often at the races

doing birthday things etc for their riders.

They seem genuinely interested in Bike racing & not just the publicity side of it.

Edited by mania
  • Like 2

Confirmed. Gresini to Aprilia 2015.

This is bad news for Scott, with the only real chance now that one of the Honda satellite teams include an extra RCV213 (mega bucks) or Marc VDS stepping into MotoGP (yes please).

“I rode the Open bike to get the Factory bike. This was the contract and why I came. If it was just the Open bike I would have stayed in Moto2 and fought for a title” - Scott Redding.

On paper I agree with you Soihok. But given what we know about HRC's full support and endorsement of Scott and the number of teams prepared to run the RCV, I'm not sure that the bad news is really that bad.

In fact, Aprilia back in MGP is a good thing, more factory bikes (eventually) can only improve the series and the racing. Also Gresini staying in the series is good. I think MGP lost out when Pons was pushed out by circumstance. I am glad that this hasn't happened to Gresini.

True that more bike manufacturers and teams that join and remain can only be good for the sport.

Its just that its bad news for Scott.

Going on his comments yesterday we may just find out about his 2015 plans this weekend.

I like the idea of seeing Aprilia & Suzuki back in MotoGP

Especially fond memories of Aprilia & always thought it was

the cool exotic ;)

As for Scott I see his point but the sad telling part of his statement is many riders

know in GP these days the Honda is clearly the sharpest tool

Would be nice if the other manufacturers stepped it up a notch

You never know though & maybe Ducati under new leadership will do just that but other greats

like Yamaha need to get going a bit too. They may be closest but still seem to suffer a bit.

• Like 1

Missed it all due to relocating countries.

Damn and blast, I would have really liked to seen that. Great to hear Vale won, in Italy also, sounded like a good race. Lets hope there are more to come.

I need to do better at watching the races, I must have missed all of them now since early August.

Scott Redding confirmed to ride an RCV213 with his old Moto2 team Marc VDS - also great news and yet another team entering MotoGP thumbsup.gif

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/208738/1/redding-to-ride-marc-vds-honda-in-2015-motogp.html

• Like 2

Yes if you get a chance check out the replays

It was good & Marc passed Val hard a few times but Val took it right back to him.

When Marc crashed he was behind Val & had already run wide on a few turns trying to keep up

Gotta hand it to Val he was on it.

Edited by mania
  • Like 2

Rossi was indeed on it!

Neither JL nor MM could match the pace, but JL was more intelligent and stayed on for the points.

Marc was a bit stupid really by trying to stay with Rossi. He is a fast racer (obviously), but he is yet to prove that he is a great racer.

I'm quite looking forward to the future, because if more people can be up to MM speed, it will be interesting to see how he deals with it.

Moto 2 was dull as usual, but at least the Kalio / Rabat battle is interesting. Kalio just cannot get his strategy right to beat Rabat!

Moto 3 was even a bit dull, except for the last few laps between Rins / Marquez. Miller's title hopes must be fading away week by week....

As far as contracts are concerned, great news about Redding Marc VDS, I just hope he lives up to the expectations.

More Ducatis on the grid next year in the Avintia team is also great news, I'll be interested to see how Barbera steps up having a semi-decent bike for the first time in years.

Also I have read that Sam Lowes is negotiating to join Avintia in 2015.

• Like 2

I'm quite looking forward to the future, because if more people can be up to MM speed, it will be interesting to see how he deals with it.

My thoughts exactly & I am sure folks like Val & Jorge see it now too

as a possible chink in the armor

They need to ride as Val did....Meaning when MM went by like he does usually by stuffing it in

they need to stuff it right back ASAP

He did not deal well with that at all.

• Like 2

Gotta hand it to MM , he finished the race pushing as hard as he could even though he knew he would only get the odd point.

For someone so young and with such a big lead in the title race I thought he showed great commitment.

Well done Rossi , nice to see him back on the top step.

• Like 1

Gotta hand it to MM , he finished the race pushing as hard as he could even though he knew he would only get the odd point.

For someone so young and with such a big lead in the title race I thought he showed great commitment.

Well done Rossi , nice to see him back on the top step.

I got a bit misty when Vale won and hearing the Italy anthem played at last, great to see.

I like conspiracy theory's laugh.png

And what was discussed ' Vale ' yes Jorge go with the hard front tyre I think that be best.

Honda head MotoGP manager to mechanic ' We want Marc to win in Japan so fix so '.

Well said, I agree ' NE1 ', Marc tried and tried to stay with Vale and get past and paid the cost, to try and stay with him and throw it down the bloody road has been what Vale has done himself, there's always another day, I like that attitude it's the attitude of a real racer, no room for pussy's.