Moto GP - WSBK - 2014

soihok

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Miller confirmed as Crutchlow's team mate at LCR Honda......

Good luck with that....

yup here is the LCR blurb

JACK MILLER TO JOIN CWM-LCR HONDA TEAM FOR THE 2015 MOTOGP CAMPAIGN

The CWM-LCR Honda Team is pleased to officially announce that Australian rider, Jack Miller, will compete with them in the 2015 MotoGP World Championship riding the Honda RC213V-RS Open Specification bike.

The 19-year-old racer from Townsville, who is currently leading the Moto3 World Championship, will compete in the MotoGP Open Class thanks to the support of HRC - Honda Racing Corporation, LCR’s historical sponsors and new team partner CWM FX, alongside the more experienced British talent Cal Crutchlow Crutchlow riding the Honda 本田技研工業(株) RC213V Factory Specification bike.

This is the first time since their debut in the MotoGP class in 2006, that Lucio Cecchinello’s squad will field two riders, and this is largely thanks to new sponsor CWMFX.com.

Jack Miller : “I’m very happy to make the leap up to MotoGP next year, especially because I will do so alongside HRC. It's a dream come true; I think that every rider would like to race at the highest level in the World Championship with a Honda. It is certainly a big jump from Moto3 to MotoGP, but I am convinced that we are ready and that, step-by-step, learning every day, we can do a great job. It's a fantastic opportunity and I'm very excited about starting this new stage of my career with HRC - Honda Racing Corporation, whom I wish to thank together with CWM LCR Honda Team. I'm looking forward to working with them! In the meantime, I remain fully focused on this season's Moto3 World Championship. I will have to avoid any distraction in order to fight for the title.”

Lucio Cecchinello (CWM-LCR Team Principal): “Without any doubt, this is a very exciting project and a completely new challenge for us. We do believe that Jack will be a future strong performer in the premier class due to his undeniable talent, motivation and drive. Together with Honda we will do our best to let him familiarise himself, step by step, with the MotoGP class. For sure Jack will need time to learn how to ride a 1000cc machine but there is no rush, and next year will just be a learning season for him in the new Class. Honda has a long term plan with him and we believe that with no pressure Jack will be able to show his talent in MotoGP.”

• Like 1

Miller is lucky alright , as I , like a lot of others on here do not think he will make it .

His lack of results in his first season will be put down to experience and adjusting to a bigger bike.

His second season will be " problems with the bike , can't run at the pace of the leaders etc "

Sorry for the negativity , but I don't think his meteoric rise to the MotoGp is warranted.

• Like 1

I am going to miss yet more live coverage of WSBK this Sunday facepalm.gif

Due to going to watch the Singapore F1 drunk.gif.pagespeed.ce.hfErN2aQEE.gif ...or try to.

Its a race against time to be able to watch next weeks MotoGP also. Trying to establish the family and myself in our new place after moving from Malaysia to Singapore. Move in today but no internet or TV

This week Aragon has the possibility of being a good race IMO

MM out to prove he is still top dog

Val out to show last race was no fluke

JL needs to show he is still valid

Danny remember won here in 2012 & may have won last year if MM didn't have that freakish

clip that cut Danny's rear TC sensor

Yeah could be a good one ;)

• Like 1

Just read on Crash.net that Dorna are looking to expand the WSBK calendar in 2015. The report mentions that they are looking at a Thailand round at the new circuit at Buriram.

That would a great move if it actually comes off.

Ears to the ground!!!!!!!!!!

Its a big jump up for him that is not open for most riders. I do wish him sell of course. He seems to be privileged.

Yes that privileged part I agree with & do not really like.

I am hoping it is not going in this direction from now on meaning....

Teams,sponsors etc looking for a flash gimmick like ok we now have the youngest rider in GP history

Or because seats are basically bought by a riders sponsors that he brings with him to the team again due

to gimmicks more than talent.

Look at F1 with 16 year old Max Verstappen going to Torro Rosso

• Like 1

I think Miller needs to buck his ideas up , at the moment he is racing like he has already made it,

Personally I hope he gets his over confident arse kicked.

I don't like the way rider come from Moto3 to MotoGP ain't right, glad Marc didn't come that way.

Miller is not a a factory bike any way only Cal as I understand it anyway.

Miller is on an open class Honda, replacement for the RCV1000.

Sent from a telephone, which make and model is no concern of yours….

So as I understand it open class is not factory set up just an up from inline 4 showroom fireblade, and Cal will be on a factory V4 from what I can make out.

Erm, no.

Open class bikes are still prototypes (excluding perhaps the bottom end of the Avintia which is based on a Kawasaki ZX10RR). The difference is mainly the software and the fact that they are made privately available, along with cheaper chassis components and no factory support from brembo / ohlins / HRC etc...

This years RCV1000 is still a V4, same engine configuration as the RCV factory bike, just that it has standard spring valves and conventional gearbox as the main other differences.

Next years RCV open class will use the same engine as the factory RCV from this year (i.e. pneumatic valves), but will not have the seamless shift box.

• Like 1

Agree that privilege has no place on the race track.

I don't think that Miller, s jump straight up to MotoGP from Moto3 is entirely fair to all those around him.

Hope it doesn't come back to bite him on the ass.

One thing we know for 99.99% sure is next years

RCV1000 is going to take a big leap from this years mild mannered model.

It was obvious Honda was upset with Yamaha's proddie model & claimed it was not

in the spirit of the rules. Next year Honda will surely come back with something stronger

Like they did this year in Moto3. That new Honda Moto3 moves nicely

Ok the commentators say Fireblade so which class are they in, as we know Fireblades are inline 4's.

Time to watch a different feed I think! The commentators you are listening to are clearly commentating on a superbike race!

Here is the blurb about the RCV1000R, as used this year by Scott, Nicky, Aoyama and Abraham:

http://www.cycleworld.com/2013/11/21/2014-honda-rcv1000r-first-look-review-photos/

Quote: this is a V-4

Thanks for that very interesting.

BT sport coverage Julian said fireblade on Motogp, maybe his is as confused as I am.

Yamaha seem to be catching up on speed as shown in the last Italy race, time for the V5 to come out of moth balls.smile.png

• Like 1

Jeez what bad luck!!

Barbera's Ducati has caught fire during the first practice session!!! And the only gave the team one bike sad.png

It's funny how some comments made remind me of many moons ago, smile.png my mate had a 916 he looked and reminded me of my son on his minimoto, I use to say say why did you buy a expensive girl's bike, laugh.png my Fireblade 900 and Bandit 1200 was his taxi not all the time but quite a few times when we were on a ride out, he could keep up with neither.