Moto GP - WSBK - 2014

soihok

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ducati, well Dovi and Iannone, are using the new bike this weekend. Cal and Hernandez this year's original version.

Sent from a telephone, which make and model is no concern of yours.

Correct O&O

I had forgotten that due to their classification they are allowed

development during season

Here is a blurb I saw today

Dovizioso leads the way on new bike at Aragon!

After a successful test in Mugello Andrea Dovizioso and Andrea Iannone (Pramac Racing) each had access to a GP14.2, the next evolution of the Ducati MotoGP bike, on Friday. Featuring a slimmer design to make the bike more nimble, both riders enjoyed using it at the Spanish track as round 14 got underway.

Friday morning saw Dovizioso finish in seventh spot, 1.048s down on Iannone, who topped the session. FP1 brought fairly low temperatures with the track at just 17ºC.

FP2 saw Dovizioso use the GP14.2 for his final run on track with soft tyres. This final attack resulted in a 148.285s best lap, 0.043s quicker than Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda) who had led the session comfortably until then. This placed the Ducati rider 0.449s ahead of Dani Pedrosa (Repsol Honda) in third.

Teammate Cal Crutchlow also made improvements on Friday, finishing 11th overall. A 149.373 lap had the British rider 0.061s behind tenth placed Valentino Rossi (Movistar Yamaha MotoGP), who won last time out in Misano.

The new bike is positive, its more comfortable to be on but the bikes speed is the same. But our speed in the last three races has been good, apart from when the tyres go off. Im not happy with how I have to manage the bike currently, said Dovizioso.

He continued, I think we can keep this speed and we can stay in the front, itll just be hard here as the tyre drops off very quickly here after only three laps.

Dovizioso added, I did a really great lap at the end. I am very happy with the time I set, especially because I didnt do a perfect lap. I can confirm that the GP14.2 is narrower and also more comfortable, and so it goes better from that point of view, but weve still got a lot of work to do.

Using only the older bike, Crutchlow commented, I felt quite good on the bike, I thought I would struggle more. We had some technical problems this morning so the session wasnt the best. On my fast lap I got held up because there were a lot of riders going slow and I lost half a second in a sector, putting me out of the top ten. Im disappointed in that sense but I feel more comfortable on the bike so thats a positive. The track has good grip for us at the moment, but Turn 1 is a big trouble for us. I lose it all in that corner.

PS: Would make Cal a bit crazy if this new bike turns out to be

a killer change up wink.png

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

The quote is all very positive but Dovi hit the main point again !! The tyres it's all it's all very well doing a good time on soft tyres but what really is the point when the tyres they use won't last the race.

I hope he gets a podium spot anyway.

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Like 1

The quote is all very positive but Dovi hit the main point again !! The tyres it's all it's all very well doing a good time on soft tyres but what really is the point when the tyres they use won't last the race.

Yup just ask Aleix Espargaro :)

mamy times I wish the whole tire thing was more open to allow other makers to develop & be available

without restrictions other than hardness levels

Seems with Jorge many of his problems are Bridgestone related too

• Like 1

Yup just ask Aleix Espargaro smile.png

mamy times I wish the whole tire thing was more open to allow other makers to develop & be available

without restrictions other than hardness levels

Seems with Jorge many of his problems are Bridgestone related too

Agree, like to see other makes like Pirelli and any Thai riders have to use Cobra.laugh.png

Yes it's funny how things go around in circles, they are going back to Michelin and everyone use to moan because the riders using Bridgestone were doing better.

They tyre argument is a strange one. I find it hard to believe that the Bridgestones have changed so much and only had a such a negative effect on the Yamaha.

Could it be that Yamaha have lost the way chassis wise, a bit like Ducati did and now seem to be coming back from?

Also I am totally against single supplier policies for any components in GP racing anyway. This is supposed to represent the pinacle of development, but the teams cannot develop tyres, and in Moto 2 they can't even the engine.

• Like 1

Certainly no lack of entertainment in that race!

Iannone, Rossi and Pedrosa were lucky to get away without major injuries.

Well done to the unusual suspects on the podium though. I'm surprised they knew the way to Parc Fermé!

Feel sorry for Barbera (I know I keep going on about him). The opportunity presented to him by getting the Duc kind of of negated when it caused him 2nd degree burns. Hope he's better for Japan.

• Like 2

Hahah best MotoGP race of the year clap2.gif

Jorge played it smart got the rain bike

How about no upgrades for Cal & he gets 3rd? smile.png

Not to mention a Open class in 2nd Aleix

I actually managed to get to watch all three races live for a chance. This time in HD on cable TV.

Awesome.

Really nice to see Cal on the podium.

I guess he wasn't expecting that!!!

• Like 2

I actually managed to get to watch all three races live for a chance. This time in HD on cable TV.

Awesome.

Really nice to see Cal on the podium.

I guess he wasn't expecting that!!!

Good for you getting to see all 3

Yeah Cal was funny right after race in interview he said

Yeah I got lucky today but who cares then laughed

Then said thanks to all the folks who said I couldn't do it & thanks

to those that said I still can

What made it special IMO is he was the only Ducati out there with

no upgrades....All the other Ducatis got

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

Well done Jorge, was a good race and very difficult for riders, to me it seemed that Marc was trying to get Dani to decide when to go in, big mistake.

Saw the crew thrown their arms up when Marc went passed and didn't come in, and sure enough, down he went.

Surprised and disappointed at Dani would of thought he had enough experience to had made a better decision.

Great to see Cal get a podium I think he was enjoying other thoughts than just the 3rd place. tongue.png

Congrats to Alexis, I can't wait to see him on a factory machine.

• Like 2

Somehow I get the feeling that Aleix's factory Suzuki will be slower than the open Yamaha that he is leaving to Bradl….

Sent from a telephone, which make and model is no concern of yours….

I'm a bit of a soft soap, Suzuki ain't got same dosh as other but I hope Alexis gives them the same commitment that he shown to to all the other bikes his ridden.

I really hope Suzuki kick's arse. thumbsup.gif

It has on the road so why not on the track maybe they have been saving up.biggrin.png

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Like 2

Don't get me wrong. I truly hope so too. I'm quite a Suzuki fan, more than half of my bikes have been Suzuki, the first 50cc, 2 x RGs, an RGV, 2 x GSXRs... I still have the Kenny Roberts Replica Arai in pristine condition bought out of respect of Kenny Jr's last title for the marque.

Also another competitive machine would spice up the championship.

I couldn't agree more about Viñales too. Exemplary work ethic and by the end of next season will be challenging Aleix for top Suzuki in races.

I'm just a bit more realistic about their possibilities. Even Davide Brivio is saying that next year they will work towards being able to compete with the Ducatis.

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong. I truly hope so too. I'm quite a Suzuki fan, more than half of my bikes have been Suzuki, the first 50cc, 2 x RGs, an RGV, 2 x GSXRs... I still have the Kenny Roberts Replica Arai in pristine condition bought out of respect of Kenny Jr's last title for the marque.

Also another competitive machine would spice up the championship.

I couldn't agree more about Viñales too. Exemplary work ethic and by the end of next season will be challenging Aleix for top Suzuki in races.

I'm just a bit more realistic about their possibilities. Even Davide Brivio is saying that next year they will work towards being able to compete with the Ducatis.

Don't like Ducati works pretty well in a twin but not on V4, Honda stop using 90 degree V4 years ago.

There is so much young talent out there so it will be be good for viewing future.

I've put this already on a another thread but still like father like son, see the helmet, my youngest son at Silverstone track day.

post-87530-0-52983300-1412166630_thumb.j

• Like 1

Well they have done the math & here is the result

Although Marquez only managed to finish 13th in Aragon,

he did finish one place ahead of his Repsol Honda teammate and closest championship challenger Dani Pedrosa,

and in doing so increased his lead in the title chase to 75 points.

To win the title in Motegi Marquez needs to finish ahead of his teammate,

lose no more than three points to Valentino Rossi and lose no more than 15 points to Jorge Lorenzo.

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2014/Motegi+MotoGP+Preview

• Like 2

Yep ! Dovi get's it but not race tyres.

Vale is going good.

I think tyres will become an issue for all in Japan during the race so will be interesting to see what happens.

Marc only needs 1 point to win the 2014 Championship, so again it will be interesting to see what he does.

Marc of course he will want the win as he always does but maybe the Championship will be more important to have in Japan, I get the feeling he will wait and see what the pace is and just except a place if necessary.

• Like 2