Tata Motors MD Slym Dies After Fall From Hotel in Bangkok

Crossy

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't see why the police are at fault? They said he fell off a balcony and it was an accident. They expected reporters to just write it down, print it, and never speak of it again. Business as usual. Problem is, its not only Thai reporters and public involved. So people didn't just go away. Now the story is completely different! Not more details being revealed, its a whole new story.

Thai police very much at fault, as usual.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

honestly would you buy a ticket, jump on a plane, travel 10.000 km or more, come to Bkk and commit suicide?

I mean not by firearm or jumping under a train or swallowing pills like we do back in old Europe, but always jumping from the balcony! lack of imagination??

I call this story BS!

In addition, Thai police reported today that somehow Mr. Slym managed to ' climb through a small window," which

seems to make an accident less likely. There clearly are major questions here, and one presumes Tata and the insurance companies will be all over this one. Yet another embarrassment for Thailand, since this is one of the best hotels in Bangkok. If I were with the insurance company, I would send in a private investigator immediately, since

Thai police have a track record...

To be continued.

He "fell" from the 22nd floor of the Shangri-La hotel in Bangkok as reported in Bloomberg business news. Tata will be checking details and have the Thai DSI on their toes checking if he had insurance policies, cause of death..etc. The "fall" in a five star supposedly secure top hotel raises issues about safety and security in Thai five stars.

In addition, Thai police reported today that somehow Mr. Slym managed to ' climb through a small window," which

seems to make an accident less likely. There clearly are major questions here, and one presumes Tata and the insurance companies will be all over this one. Yet another embarrassment for Thailand, since this is one of the best hotels in Bangkok. If I were with the insurance company, I would send in a private investigator immediately, since

To be continued.

Continued for what? Read the new, it was suicide, possibly of the impulse type one. It does not seem like his widow is out saying it wasn't.

To be continued.

Continued for what? Read the new, it was suicide, possibly of the impulse type one. It does not seem like his widow is out saying it wasn't.

Given the track record of the Thai police in such matters, a rush to judgement in this case would be a bit premature, don't you think? :)

To be continued.

Given the track record of the Thai police in such matters, a rush to judgement in this case would be a bit premature, don't you think? smile.png

I'm not counting on the Thai police at all.

It seems to me that when one falls from a small window leaving a suicide note and the wife is present in the same hotel, is either suicide, or someone had pushed him up the small windows, and faked the note. Up to you what you want to believe.

honestly would you buy a ticket, jump on a plane, travel 10.000 km or more, come to Bkk and commit suicide?

The distance from Mumbai to Bangkok is 3,000km. Karl Slym was based in Mumbai in his role of Managing Director of Tata Motors.

Edited by wooloomooloo

The distance from Mumbai to Bangkok is 3,000km. Karl Slym was based in Mumbai in his role of Managing Director of Tata Motors.

Moomooloo, you should forward these information to the Bib as they might still ignore his name and activity,

and also inform them, that 10.000 km is precisely where Europe is located... and by a strange coincidence a lot of tourists from there,

come specialy to bkk to practise balcony jumping! Any clue?

Moomooloo, you should forward these information to the Bib as they might still ignore his name and activity,

and also inform them, that 10.000 km is precisely where Europe is located... and by a strange coincidence a lot of tourists from there, come specialy to bkk to practise balcony jumping! Any clue?

No clue what you are talking about, Bendover. Karl Slym flew in from Mumbai and not Europe. It is a fact.

I apologise if this gen doesn't fit in with your conspiracy theory, but, it remains a fact.

Edited by wooloomooloo

and also inform them, that 10.000 km is precisely where Europe is located... and by a strange coincidence a lot of tourists from there, come specialy to bkk to practise balcony jumping! Any clue?

No clue what you are talking about, Bendover. Karl Slym flew in from Mumbai and not Europe. It is a fact.

I apologise if this gen doesn't fit in with your conspiracy theory, but, it remains a fact.

conspiracy theory? coffee1.gif so here my original post:

I mean not by firearm or jumping under a train or swallowing pills like we do back in old Europe, but always jumping from the balcony! lack of imagination??

I call this story BS!

There is some people, you have to explain them everything:

so Mr Magoo, I was talking about all these foreigners, certainly more than a hundred, from all around the world( and Europe as a lot of the victims come from there) that suspiciouly, accidentally, repeatdly fall from the balcony.

I guess you have also a short memory, short sight, short dickthumbsup.gif

When drunk, these railings would be very easy to stumble over. I think the OZ standard is about 900mm, which for a tallish person is not high enough. RIP.

1 meter high now in N.Z with no more than 10cm between rails--to stop children getting their heads stuck---but adults/children still manage to fall sad.png

It is very strange.

I try to imagine myself in a room with my wife. I am depressed and angry. Do I speak to my wife?

Does she see me squeezing through a small window? Does she try to stop me?

Very strange!

Nowhere is stated that the wife was in the room when it happened.

A fall that involves a "significant" person. Wonder how this will be investigated!

Afomous boxer went the same way..................police said he took a dive !

I would not "Liston" to that--but have a "Sonny" day anyway-- whistling.gif

It is very strange.

I try to imagine myself in a room with my wife. I am depressed and angry. Do I speak to my wife?

Very strange!

According to police she was, they said hotel staff had to open the door and inform her they had found her husband's body below.

This is what balconies look like at Shangri la BKK.

Hmm

cn_image_0.size.shangri-la-hotel-bangkok

If this pick is true and the report stated that he lost his balance what was a man of his size and girth doing? You don't fall from these balconies they are built to code of height at 1.2 metres high... One can either be pushed or jump. I assume only that if he was pushed surely there would be signs of a struggle and definitely footage of persons somewhere... Did he simply decide to check out the hard way...?

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

When drunk, these railings would be very easy to stumble over. I think the OZ standard is about 900mm, which for a tallish person is not high enough. RIP.

1 meter high now in N.Z with no more than 10cm between rails--to stop children getting their heads stuck---but adults/children still manage to fall sad.png

1.2 metres is the height that will meet with AS safety standards.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

This is what balconies look like at Shangri la BKK.

Hmm

If this pick is true and the report stated that he lost his balance what was a man of his size and girth doing? You don't fall from these balconies they are built to code of height at 1.2 metres high... One can either be pushed or jump. I assume only that if he was pushed surely there would be signs of a struggle and definitely footage of persons somewhere... Did he simply decide to check out the hard way...?

Read here if you can

He did not fall from the balcony.

And you did not read the thread before posting uselessly.

It is very strange.

Very strange!

According to police she was, they said hotel staff had to open the door and inform her they had found her husband's body below.

She could have just been sleeping, perhaps took pills as many people do.

Edited by paz

In one of the reports he did not write a suicide note, but his wife wrote him a letter. It's a tragedy either way. As for the BIB I wouldn't trust them to run a bath, Let alone an investigation. There number on investigator Chalermlock is a little busy to get involved in this one at present.

Where does it say anywhere that he was drunk?

It doesn,t ,but the fact remains that this city is partyland, as the song says, One night in Bangkok can make a hard man crumble, or is it humble. Either way its a city to get down, with the get down.

It's actually "stumble"

Where does it say anywhere that he was drunk?

It doesn,t ,but the fact remains that this city is partyland, as the song says, One night in Bangkok can make a hard man crumble, or is it humble. Either way its a city to get down, with the get down.

It's actually "stumble"

It is Humble.