Overland trips between Yangon and Bangkok launched

This might be an interesting visa run option or travel option for some:

Overland trips between Yangon and Bangkok launched

Travellers will soon be able to make a single-ticket overland journey between Bangkok and Myanmar cities.

A Bangkok-based travel agency will launch its first trips on Saturday from the Thai capital to Yangon as well as Mandalay, Bagan, Pa-an in Karen State, Dawei in Tenasserim Division, and Moulmein and the Golden Rock in Mon State.

The agency, Vega Travel, also plans to begin trips departing from Yangon, Pa-an and Moulmein to Bangkok later in February, with an option to travel onward to the Cambodian city of Siem Reap.

Read more here: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/overland-trips-yangon-bangkok-launched/

• Like 1

What mode of death-trap's are they proposing - vans, buses, (other ?)

More info is needed for whats being used to transport anyone I would tell about this new service.

Personaly - I have my own ride and cannot visualize being helplessly involved in one of the many horendous road accidents by using alternate transportation whether being train, car, bus or van - I would rather drive myself or fly.

Otherwise if I am not home to drive I always hire a private car or taxi car to transport my family places around Thailand with specific instructions to do the speed limit and take care driving.

Thanks

What mode of death-trap's are they proposing - vans, buses, (other ?)

More info is needed for whats being used to transport anyone I would tell about this new service.

Personaly - I have my own ride and cannot visualize being helplessly involved in one of the many horendous road accidents by using alternate transportation whether being train, car, bus or van - I would rather drive myself or fly.

Otherwise if I am not home to drive I always hire a private car or taxi car to transport my family places around Thailand with specific instructions to do the speed limit and take care driving.

Thanks

We used to call it the "Chicken" Bus.