Chiang Rai to Kampheng Phet

Finlaco

I'd say that you would need to get a bus to Phitsanulok then a local bus from there.

I'm not sure about Phitsanulok buses but there would be a few, the Udon Thani bus that leave about 5pm goes that way.

Edited by sceadugenga

My mother in law usually leaves from Phayao if getting the bus back to Kamphaeng Phet (given that we live in Phayao and not Chiang Rai), but I believe they come from Chiang Rai to begin with so the same should apply...

She will normally have to buy a ticket all the way to Bangkok, as they cannot guarantee that they will fill the seat from KPP to Bangkok after she has got off. It isn't usually much more money (maybe an extra 100/150 baht), so not too much of an issue.

As mentioned in the above post, there are 2 bus routes from north to south and the Phitsanulok route is (I believe) the busier of the two!? That said, you can certainly get a bus direct to Kamphaeng Phet and you shouldn't have too much of a problem in doing so.

What else did you want to know? Prices, times, etc...? If so, you would be better off going to the bus station and asking there - I can only give you times and prices from Phayao to KPP I'm afraid...

Edited by mistephenso
  • Like 1