Phuket cops' early morning raid nets 11 thieves, drug users

webfact

Phuket cops' early morning raid nets 11 thieves, drug users
Phuket Gazette

phuketnews_201422214411842_FAuizEuWBwdAl
The police raid that landed 11 suspects followed two bag-snatchings in Phuket Town. Photo: Kritsada Mueanhawong

PHUKET: -- Police netted nearly a dozen snatch-theft and drug suspects during an early morning raid in Phuket Town on Friday.

CCTV images of suspects stealing bags from two foreigners on Thalang Road in Phuket Town on Tuesday allowed officers to identify the robbers’ den on Srisena Road.

The police raid on the house led to five suspects being charged for theft while using a motorbike and six for possession of a Category 1 Drug with intent to use.

Eight of the 11 arrested were underage.

“We searched the house and found a lot of stolen property. We arrested five theft suspects: Rapeephat Samor, 18; Sarayuth Wannaprom, 20; and Sakib Nimo, 18, and two minors aged 16 and 17,” said Somsak Thongkliang of the Phuket City Police.

The suspects told police that they had carried out a number of snatching robberies in the last month in Patong, Phuket Town and Rawai.

“In the house there were also six minors using ya bah (methamphetamine). They were all 17 years old, ” Lt Col Somsak said.

Items seized by police included two iPhones, four mobile phones, eight motorbikes, a shoulder bag and drug paraphernalia.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2014/Phuket-cops-early-morning-raid-nets-11-thieves-drug-users-25666.html

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2014-02-22

and you will hear no more about thiscoffee1.gif

Of course not, just as you don't hear anything about the hundreds other convicts in phuket prison.

Sent from my D90W using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

However, we also don't seem to hear too much about the many successful never ending bail either. :)

I personally know of a Thai youngster who stole a motorbike belonging to a farang friend of mine. No bail. Not sure whether bail was rejected or he could not afford. Anyway, he was sentenced to 2 years in jail which he fully served, not one day less.

Thai jails are full of exactly these kind of small time criminals who only perform their petty crimes 'spontaneously'.They have no money for bribes or bail as the earnings are immediately spend on drugs, whisky and karaoke girls. Police often refer to them as part of a gang which in my eyes only means that they often know each other. Living in the same neighbourhood, frequenting the same pubs and karaokes and peer to peer drug consuming and dealing. Hardly a gang defined as a well organized group performing thought through crimes.

• Like 1

So now a 4x4 to the face (sometimes known as attempted murder) of a juvenile delinquent is an acceptable practice in the farang community on Phuket. God bless that filthy island for keeping such scum away from the rest of the country.

how easily do these so called gangsters "spill the beans" ?,...... every time i read a story like this by the second paragraph the suspects have all confessed and grassed each other up , .a 5 yr old could be more trustworthy to keep their mouth shut than these muppets masquerading as gangsters, pathetic .. .. they never heard of honour amoung thieves ?!, how do thais ever trust each other ? or don't they ?

and you will hear no more about thiscoffee1.gif

Of course not, just as you don't hear anything about the hundreds other convicts in phuket prison.

Sent from my D90W using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

However, we also don't seem to hear too much about the many successful never ending bail either. smile.png

I do, in my village we have a little 17 year old thug who has caused his parents (decent hard working people) no end of grief. 100,000 Baht fine here,60,000 Baht fine there,oh another 200,000 Baht here because it brought in so much money. They are broke,the father has been put in prison (instead of the little darling who is under age) until his wife could beg and borrow the fine. The little thug has been in the Thai borstal for a year before all this,did no good,so now the police are punishing the parents of a big fat loaf who looks as if he is 25......it aint as easy as it looks

So now a 4x4 to the face (sometimes known as attempted murder) of a juvenile delinquent is an acceptable practice in the farang community on Phuket. God bless that filthy island for keeping such scum away from the rest of the country.

sometimes its the only way

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

how easily do these so called gangsters "spill the beans" ?,...... every time i read a story like this by the second paragraph the suspects have all confessed and grassed each other up , .a 5 yr old could be more trustworthy to keep their mouth shut than these muppets masquerading as gangsters, pathetic .. .. they never heard of honour amoung thieves ?!, how do thais ever trust each other ? or don't they ?

A Thai......honourcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

A Thai......honourcheesy.gifcheesy.gif