Calling internationally via TOT landline and AIS

Jingthing

OK it's been years since I needed to do this so I don't know anymore. I need to call USA and for Thai number to show. Normally I use my USA number. So what codes do I need to enter in a TOT landline and/or 12 call as I can use either?

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Not sure I understand, but any landline or mobile in Thailand is 001+country code to call internationally, so for US 0011+area code etc.

There are alternative long-distance carriers you access, e.g. 009 which is cheaper, possibly lower quality connection.

Not sure I understand, but any landline or mobile in Thailand is 001+country code to call internationally, so for US 0011+area code etc.

There are alternative long-distance carriers you access, e.g. 009 which is cheaper, possibly lower quality connection.

I know how to call.

Looking for the lower rate.

I remember entering an additional code probably for AIS for that.

009 to get a lower rate for 12 call AIS, you meant?

I know 009 works for the landlines, not sure about mobiles, why not just try it?

Did you mean you want their caller-ID system to show that you're calling from Thailand?

Otherwise use a calling card to get the cheapest rates, or use Skype.

Simply dial +1 followed by the area code and number.

If your phone does not have a "+" replace it with 011

examples:

+1 NNN nnn-1234

011 1 NNN nnn-1234

This will insure your CPID passes through. It may not if using a bypass service like 005, 00500, 008, 009.

The cost will be 9.63 baht/min.

I use my mobile to call my daughter in Australia, just put one of the of the following codes before the country code and it works out cheap, I use 00461(61 is the aussie calling code)then her number.

• Dial access code 004 = making international call through the carrier, namely Dtac Network Co., Ltd
  • Dial access code 001 or 009 = making international call through the carrier, namely CAT Telecom PCL.
  • Dial access code 007 or 008 = making international call through the carrier, namely TOT PCL.
Edited by seajae