Thai actress fights off drunk man in mask who tried to sexually assault her

webfact

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Profile-raising fake story.

40 stitches on her eyebrow not really seems fake to me .

40 stitches. Blimey she must have huge eyebrows!

I hope she feels better soon.

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Come on, she's an actress, she's got to have proper surgery . . . very fine with an invisible scar, that is just normal stuff, for beautiful thespians.

I assume that's a photo of the construction worker. They wouldn't print pictures of sexual assault victims in the media, yes.

since when has coconuts been elevated to media status?

Actually even worse their source is here : http://m.sanook.com/m/news_detail/latest/1491696/

Here's the story in Thai Rath. Looks like 40 stitches in that picture: http://m.thairath.co.th/content/newspaper/406124

According to the KPN website (http://kpnaward.mthai.com/kpn9) the picture in OP is from a different person i.e. Arada "Ploy" Kraiphiraphan, NOT Kannapat “Preme” Worabawormpat. Unless she changed her name, which is not uncommon in Thailand.

For an actress in Thailand when you google the name she does not exist apart from this story. Surely if you are a soap star there would be something on the net, a fan base at least. She doesn't exist only this story does. I tried Youtube and there is nothing on her either.

Edited by chooka

As for fighting back, Thairath says that she did including biting his hand bad enough that the police had no problem identifying him as the one. Also screaming and calling for help and fighting him. Also the OP photo appears to be correct as nearly every Thai site are including it in their reports. Google translate of daradaily. I advise members to think twice before posting off topic and insensitive nonsense. No one deserves what happened to her.

1393385673.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EITbEeW-pbM

• Like 2

WHY DONT THE MODERATORS STEP IN ON THESE POSTINGS, AND YES I AM SHOUTING, WHY MOST OF YOU THINK THIS IS FUNNY ABOUT A LADY FIGHTING OFF A RAPIST IS BEYOND ME. STILL IT IS TYPICAL OF SOME OF YOU POSTERS ON THIS SITE, HOPE IT AINT YOUR DAUGHTER OF WIFE NEXT, NOT SO FUNNY THEN WILL IT BE ??? YOU GUYS ARE DISPICABLE MAKING LIGHT OF THIS SUBJECT.

Calm down,you'll give yourself a heart attack. I can't see anybody insulting the poor woman or anybody finding it funny,no need to go all PC about some light hearted remarks concerning Thailand more than this incident.

If some poor guy jumps from his balcony because he has been ripped off by some girl,emotionally and financially would you start shouting then........naaaa....not PC relevant.

Edited by soalbundy

WHY DONT THE MODERATORS STEP IN ON THESE POSTINGS, AND YES I AM SHOUTING, WHY MOST OF YOU THINK THIS IS FUNNY ABOUT A LADY FIGHTING OFF A RAPIST IS BEYOND ME. STILL IT IS TYPICAL OF SOME OF YOU POSTERS ON THIS SITE, HOPE IT AINT YOUR DAUGHTER OF WIFE NEXT, NOT SO FUNNY THEN WILL IT BE ??? YOU GUYS ARE DISPICABLE MAKING LIGHT OF THIS SUBJECT.

I don't think anyone considers it funny.

Chooka!and who has posted "funny" posts in this thread,with your nick?not you?who?I think you are drunk and drinking...

Oh posters on here dont think it is "funny" ?? perhaps you ought to re-read all the posts about this topic, nearly everyone taking the piss about the girls appearance, the piss about where did the attacker get the mask from. etc etc,anyone who know building sites many workers wear these masks, i am not being PC as you put it, was wondering did some of you "emigrate from the "TEAK DOOR forums,. sounds to me like it.

Calm down,you'll give yourself a heart attack. I can't see anybody insulting the poor woman or anybody finding it funny,no need to go all PC about some light hearted remarks concerning Thailand more than this incident.

If some poor guy jumps from his balcony because he has been ripped off by some girl,emotionally and financially would you start shouting then........naaaa....not PC relevant.

Nothing about PC.. But all about compassion... Since when is it funny to mock a victim of a sexual assault ?

It seems that there are some folks who survived the balcony experience, and feel the need to belittle women.

Kudos to the lady for fighting back.coffee1.gif

• Like 1

"After getting drunk, he put on a ski mask and broke into Preme’s home, as he reckoned there was a pretty girl living in the house, police said.

Sounds like Mr "C"!

He must have been drunk because she isn't exactly pretty

Jean de La Fontaine: The fox and the sour greap.

A lot of fellow TV members rumbling around the issue.

The issue is that a drunk thinks he has the right to break into a house....your house....my house...anyone's house on suspicion of 'a pretty girl' in the house

AND thus ready for rape.

The sheer primitive thoughts in this society (not by all thank God) that being pretty (or not) and female (or not) is a license for rape, is beyond any civilized meaning.

It could happen to anyone!

as it does on too many occasions.

"After getting drunk, he put on a ski mask and broke into Preme’s home, as he reckoned there was a pretty girl living in the house, police said.

Sounds like Mr "C"!

You must BE drunk because you aren't exactly seeing straight.

Sounds like Mr "C"!

Not much that's real to look at there, is there? I love the way people look down on "construction" workers here. I'd like to give her shovel and let her mix bags of sand and cement for 300 baht for a 10 hour day in the hot sun.

She fought him off, yeah? Bogus story. I don't believe a line of it.

Like we ever believe a word you say!

Something does stink fishy on this one. An "actress" whose name yields very few hits in Google, 40 stitches to fix an eyebrow that seems to have suddenly healed without a trace and generally an odd feel to it.

I bet on a publicity stunt.

Something does stink fishy on this one. An "actress" whose name yields very few hits in Google, 40 stitches to fix an eyebrow that seems to have suddenly healed without a trace and generally an odd feel to it.

what about the guy who was named and shamed on tv as the "rapist" ?

A well paid actor, who'll be out on bail soon ? Not unheard of for wannabe superstars trying to get from the C-league to B.

Of course then the question remains, who's footing the bill. Nice house she's got, BTW.

A well paid actor, who'll be out on bail soon ? Not unheard of for wannabe superstars trying to get from the C-league to B.

Of course then the question remains, who's footing the bill. Nice house she's got, BTW.

i dont know what country you come from ,but from mine it wouldnt be good to be a known rapist

for any amount of cash ...........you would never know where the comeback might come from .....

• Like 1

Most of the Thai language newspapers have her photo before hospital and after in the ward! Pretty messy! sad.png

Sounds like Mr "C"!

Have you been drinking with mister ear drops???

not pretty??

• Like 1

Not really. First off they'd be very thin sutures for cosmetic reasons and there may also be a buried layer under skin that secures the tissue under same (muscle, etc) Alsomay be more than one brow involved.

Sounds like Mr "C"!

Have you been drinking with mister ear drops???

not pretty??

The good thing is we are not fighting over the same woman. If I was drinking then I would probably find her attractive. As they say that is the way the ugly ones score. I have been known to chew my arm off in the morning so as to sneak out from an ugly chick.thumbsup.gif She is not ugly but definitely not pretty and I wouldn't be exchanging phone numbers after a night on the booze.

Edited by chooka

"Compassion is the feeling of empathy for others. Compassion is the emotion that we feel in response to the suffering of others that motivates a desire to help" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compassion

"Misogyny /mɪˈsɒɪni/ is the hatred or dislike of women or girls. Misogyny can be manifested in numerous ways, including sexual discrimination, denigration of women, violence against women, and sexual objectification of women.[1]." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misogyny

Edited by LaraC
  • Like 2