Bangkok: Joint ticket system for BTS and MRT by late 2015

webfact

Well today is the last day of 2015, can I use my Rabbit card on the MRT now? Or is it still a status quo?

Sadly no, and Rabbit is unlikely ever to work on the MRT for political / commercial reasons (technically no real issue).

Wait for OTP's Mangmoom (Spider) card mid 2016, but where it will work is currently unknown as none of the major players have signed up for it sad.png

EasyPass and M-Pass are technically compatible, again it's commercial / political posturing getting in the way of inter-operation.

I wonder what will happen to the MRT's Elder Card once there is a joint ticketing system? Currently, expats over 60 can get discounted travel on MRT but not on the BTS.

Exactly my concern, as I have one. I suspect only Thai old codgers will be eligible after the merger. dam_n. The other possibilty is that only those farang old codgers who apply after the merger will be laughed at.

Maybe we'll be ok if we pay cash rather than getting the card.

There's still time.

I hardly ever use the BTS, I object to queueing twice for the same thing, as I am never in a hurry. I will walk if I'm going three stations or less, or get a bus.

The MRT is good, but it is a bit limited where you can go.

There's still time.

I hardly ever use the BTS, I object to queueing twice for the same thing, as I am never in a hurry. I will walk if I'm going three stations or less, or get a bus.

The MRT is good, but it is a bit limited where you can go.

Bts is bad for a myriad of reasons