Anti-graft body to conclude case against PM Yingluck within months

Lite Beer

How can you negligently lose 700 billion baht?

FAT HAGGIS wrote:

Same way you can lose 50,000 baht on a night on the piss!! tongue.png by not paying attention!! wink.png

Mate, as serious as that sounds, the Americans lost BILLIONS of dollars in Iraq in the same manner, all down to corruption and greed from various parties, and negligence and no accountability or responsibility to this on the American side was ever determined either.
2 years ago I was with a team tasked to find something like 10,000 greenhouses that were bought and paid for by the DoD, I think we located less than 100, and not a single person who seem to know where the rest went, or who signed for them.

Multi million dollar projects that were complete with staff rotas and KPI's and Business goals were "found to be not found" with no such projects existing physically, just a huge space of <deleted> all in the desert!!

That sounds like you're one of the person to apply for a job at the Comptroller General or NACC or such...

And it shows the US of A are no anti-corruption angels either.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well who is stopping the police or the government to arrest him? Only the incompetence.

And what is the problem with wanting her blood? money did not just evaporate into thin air.

Though in all honesty, i do not believe she even understands what has happened, her darling brother payed it well to recover the money taken from him previously

The last time they tried to arrest him, hand grenades were thrown at the police officers and 2 police officers were killed. The courts ruled afterwards that the police were not allowed to be armed near the protest sites or enter the protest sites.

So, how do you suggest they arrest him? Put corn on the street and wait for the chicken to come out?

Not my problem, but theirs.

Nice of you to distort truth there a little thoughwhistling.gif

They did not TRY to arrest him, they tried to disperse the people VIOLENTLY and it failed.

How do you suggest they arrest him without first getting through the people around him acting as human shields?

FAT HAGGIS wrote:

Same way you can lose 50,000 baht on a night on the piss!! tongue.png by not paying attention!! wink.png

Mate, as serious as that sounds, the Americans lost BILLIONS of dollars in Iraq in the same manner, all down to corruption and greed from various parties, and negligence and no accountability or responsibility to this on the American side was ever determined either.

2 years ago I was with a team tasked to find something like 10,000 greenhouses that were bought and paid for by the DoD, I think we located less than 100, and not a single person who seem to know where the rest went, or who signed for them.

Multi million dollar projects that were complete with staff rotas and KPI's and Business goals were "found to be not found" with no such projects existing physically, just a huge space of <deleted> all in the desert!!

That sounds like you're one of the person to apply for a job at the Comptroller General or NACC or such...

Google KBR and Hliburton in Iraq around 2005-6, they ripped off the USG for Billions, over priced fuel, over priced meals, billing the US Military for meals that were never even prepared, you'd be astonished at the levels of corruption involved.

Then you had the brown envelopes being handed by contractors to the contracting office to curry favours, and to actually BUY contracts worth Billions.. The rice scheme is nothing compared to the levels of corruption between contractors, the US CPA at the time, and laterly the Iraqi Governement during the years there was an American presence in Iraq.

Just out of curiosity does anyone know if the state pays for her legal costs or does the cost come out of her own pocket?

You need not reply if you only want a cheap shot at demonizing me or offering snide remarks.

I am simply curious.

No offense, but she is not so stupid as to depend on the government lawyers at her disposal. I'm sure she will have the best representation available. The government may reimburse her for basic legal services but not fully reimburse for high-priced talent. In any case, she is wealthy enough to have the best and will not suffer financially if she is not reimbursed. Legal costs are the least of her problems as it seems her only allies are voters in the North and Northeast and her own political party.

• Like 1

The NACC members do not know the meaning of Honesty!

They have failed to charge Abhisit after 3 years and bring charges against Yingluck in 21 days, Again if the Protesters have been crying for months about Yingluck's corruption and billions of baht missing,

Why has the NACC only charged her with "negligence".

Plain and simple they found "NO" corruption!

Cheers

What should they charge Abhisit with?

Sent from my phone ...

Yingluck is being accorded the due process of law. She has for her part, however, started out abysmally by refusing to meet with the NACC, and by also smearing this constitutionally empowered committee on facebook. The fact of the matter is that these charges are enormously serious, and evidence has been pouring out from every direction in this administration throughout the scandal-ridden, corruption-ridden administration of it. And in the midst of it all, Yingluck has displayed the most cavalier attitude and near-disdain for the process of legal oversight. She still has enough time to show respect for these charges and the constitutional function of this committee. And she can start by telling the UDD to stop calling for the eradication of the checks and balances of the legal system, to stop calling for the elimination of the independent agencies, to stop calling for the neutering of the courts, to stop calling for the country to split down the middle, and to stop physically preventing the farmers from expressing their criticism of the administration. Once she has absorbed that cautionary list, she can start preparing herself for next Wednesday when Article 7 takes effect and strips her administration of its caretaker status in lieu of a parliamentary quorum.

Impossible for Madam PM to tell the UDD anything as the UDD have the same boss as she does and she cannot countermand her boss's direct orders to the UDD She cannot appear in person in front of the NAAC because she cannot know what they will ask her so she would have preprepared answers; she will almost certainly perjure herself. She is behaving cavalierly because, since none of this is her doing (she was just following brother's orders) she doesn't feel personally responsible. Lots of people in this World live in denial. We all know this whole plan was not her doing (NAAC included) but, since justice cannot reach Dr. Thaksin, she will have to take responsibility and the attending consequences of the programs she administered on his behalf. Culturally, she had no choice as she is 'Nong' (youngest sibling) and, though sheltered and protected all her life, she cannot refuse to obey an older sibling; especially one as forceful as Dr. Thaksin. I wish I could feel sorry for her but I don't. Such is Kharma to be born Nong of Dr. Thaksin.

they are after her blood while suthep with arrest warrants runs free to do as he pleases

The courts refused to endorse Tarit's arrest warrants for Suthep. He is a free man.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Are the NACC members selected by process underpinned by any democratic institution?

They are chosen by the senate, which is why PTP were so keen on pushing the bill which would have allowed immediate family members of MPs to become senators.

Edited by Trembly
  • Like 2

They have failed to charge Abhisit after 3 years and bring charges against Yingluck in 21 days, Again if the Protesters have been crying for months about Yingluck's corruption and billions of baht missing,

Cheers

Wrong as usual. The NACC has investigated Yingluck for 14 months.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

FAT HAGGIS wrote:

Google KBR and Hliburton in Iraq around 2005-6, they ripped off the USG for Billions, over priced fuel, over priced meals, billing the US Military for meals that were never even prepared, you'd be astonished at the levels of corruption involved.

Then you had the brown envelopes being handed by contractors to the contracting office to curry favours, and to actually BUY contracts worth Billions.. The rice scheme is nothing compared to the levels of corruption between contractors, the US CPA at the time, and laterly the Iraqi Governement during the years there was an American presence in Iraq.

You are 100% correct that the U.S. are masters of corruption and on an unimaginable scale. This is not the U.S. forum though. The reason Thailand corruption is so compelling a subject for me is their sheer and transparent incompetence. They are the Keystone Kops of corruption. It would be hilarious if I hadn't formed a bond with the people of Thailand whom I care about deeply. Who, in their right mind, would believe a government could buy 100% of the rice crop for 40% above market price, keep it off the market in the vain hope of driving the prices up and, when that doesn't happen, insist the program was working as planned and would continue it indefinitely. Countries that are advanced in corrupt practices would never be so obvious and that's why I am amazed that some posters continue to defend this incompetent government's policies and behavior. Let's not distract from the Thailand subject by interjecting the U.S. into the conversation, okay?

• Like 2

they are after her blood while suthep with arrest warrants runs free to do as he pleases

Well who is stopping the police or the government to arrest him? Only the incompetence.

And what is the problem with wanting her blood? money did not just evaporate into thin air.

Though in all honesty, i do not believe she even understands what has happened, her darling brother payed it well to recover the money taken from him previously

The last time they tried to arrest him, hand grenades were thrown at the police officers and 2 police officers were killed. The courts ruled afterwards that the police were not allowed to be armed near the protest sites or enter the protest sites.

So, how do you suggest they arrest him? Put corn on the street and wait for the chicken to come out?

Is Abhisit just staying at the protest sites? I think no!

They did not TRY to arrest him, they tried to disperse the people VIOLENTLY and it failed.

How do you suggest they arrest him without first getting through the people around him acting as human shields?

Aren't you mixing up Suthep and Abhisit? I know it's hard, they all look the same, right ShannonT?

• Like 2

Cheers

Kiko, you are like a stuck gramophone record. Boring is a word which might describe you, but I think you may be hiding dangerous thought. Your posts are showing you for what you are

Edited by Robroona

Aren't you mixing up Suthep and Abhisit? I know it's hard, they all look the same, right ShannonT?

Pretty sure we are talking about Suthep here. Maybe you're the one mixing something up here?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Just out of curiosity does anyone know if the state pays for her legal costs or does the cost come out of her own pocket?

You need not reply if you only want a cheap shot at demonizing me or offering snide remarks.

I am simply curious.

Good question - I would assume that the Thai government has a mechanism in their framework to provide the PM with legal counsel which would apply to advising the PM on the legality of any issues relating to actions take. I also assume that this counsel is available at government cost to defend the PM against legal charges. At least until the PM is found guilty of something and then maybe no longer has access to government paid counsel. A very good question and I would like to know the answer as well.

Are the NACC members selected by process underpinned by any democratic institution?

They are chosen by the senate, which is why PTP were so keen on pushing the bill which would have allowed immediate family members of MPs to become senators.

So what pillar of Democracy underpins the determination of the senate members?

Pretty sure we are talking about Suthep here. Maybe you're the one mixing something up here?

Wrong! The discussion is about NACC, why is the Abhisit investigation slower than Yingluck's. But you don't bother with facts any way.

Cheers

Deluded. In denial. You amuse me.

They will conclude Yingluck's case within months. Great.

What about Abhisit's case at the NACC which is now in it's 4th year without conclusion? Any updates on that?

It means that case will be wrapped up before, right? Or did Abhisit jump backwards in the queue?

Which case would that be? I believe there are quite a few. Very litigious these Thai politicians.

It is the duty of the NACC to undertake its work without fear or favour. By rushing through this case with obscene haste , even for an allegation of negligence rather than corruption, it shows itself up as being anything but neutral. It has allowed other cases to drag on for years. How anyone could be unaware of it's very evident bias is surprising.

It is the duty of the NACC to undertake its work without fear or favour. By rushing through this case with obscene haste , even for an allegation of negligence rather than corruption, it shows itself up as being anything but neutral. It has allowed other cases to drag on for years. How anyone could be unaware of it's very evident bias is surprising.

Except that they didn't rush it through with extreme haste. They've been investigating for over a year.

So you mean obscene haste to be about 2 years which is how long they have been investigating the rice scheme.

Yingluck is being accorded the due process of law. She has for her part, however, started out abysmally by refusing to meet with the NACC, and by also smearing this constitutionally empowered committee on facebook. The fact of the matter is that these charges are enormously serious, and evidence has been pouring out from every direction in this administration throughout the scandal-ridden, corruption-ridden administration of it. And in the midst of it all, Yingluck has displayed the most cavalier attitude and near-disdain for the process of legal oversight. She still has enough time to show respect for these charges and the constitutional function of this committee. And she can start by telling the UDD to stop calling for the eradication of the checks and balances of the legal system, to stop calling for the elimination of the independent agencies, to stop calling for the neutering of the courts, to stop calling for the country to split down the middle, and to stop physically preventing the farmers from expressing their criticism of the administration. Once she has absorbed that cautionary list, she can start preparing herself for next Wednesday when Article 7 takes effect and strips her administration of its caretaker status in lieu of a parliamentary quorum.

If only Yingluck had the decency to host a cooking show, it would make it so much easier for the NACC to achieve their goal.

• Like 2

If only Yingluck had the decency to host a cooking show, it would make it so much easier for the NACC to achieve their goal.

She would need to get paid for it and then lie about it court first.

But I must admit, Yingluck does so little as PM, so having a second job shouldn't be a big hassle for her.

• Like 2

She would need to get paid for it and then lie about it court first.

But I must admit, Yingluck does so little as PM, so having a second job shouldn't be a big hassle for her.

In the past 3 years she has done every ones job most of them abroad, every one has done her job at home.

She has the other top job, not forgetting the Defense Minister. Vast experience she has for PM and D.Minister. So So busy. Has been in more aircraft than chaired meetings.

I have no doubt that MS Yingluck's case will drag out for years. Why are you so eager to see her convicted? The investigation into the Rice Scheme is less than a year old; that is a blink of an eye in Thai judicial time. This case will drag out until a new government is elected and then all work on it will slowly cease and be soon forgotten by most people.