Things I've done as a tourist, that I would never do now...

Lucifer

Read and understand letters of passion from the person you last had a long meaningful overnight relationship with before fulfilling requests............whistling.gif

The oldies are the goodies Chris smile.png

Some years ago I told my wife about the 'sick buffalo' stories emanating from assorted BKK bars.

Some weeks later we're out for a walk when we came across the local 'buffalo chap' moving his charges to a fresh mud patch.

A conversation ensued after which my good lady suggested he would rent us a young buffalo, deliver same to Soi Cowboy and take it into a bar for 'Noi' (substitute random bar name) as a replacement from 'Peter' for the one that had died.

Never actually had the nerve to do it but I can imagine the looks smile.png

One for a Thai version of Candid Camera perhaps?

what about, io,lek,tom,pim,mam,suzy wong bar [1986] soi cowboy they used to have a buffalo wake every night.biggrin.png

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listened and sang along to the ''BAY CITY ROLLERS''....

We done that in school when I was a young lad,,, we dressed up as BCR and danced and sang on stage in a school concert.

the least said about that event the better smile.png

Edited by welsh1

Buying sugar cane sticks from the mahoot to feed an elephant.

Being a passenger in my then GF's car while she drove at 140 kph, overtaking a "slow" car, while texting on her phone.

Being a passenger in my then GF's brother's Vigo as he drove from Uttaradit to Mae Sot trying to break the land speed record.

Staying in a posh hotel when the local "manshun" has everything I need at one fifth the cost.

Wai'ing with my hands too high.

Forgetting to say "krap" when appropriate. (It's embarrassing to be unintentionally impolite).

Taking a motorcycle taxi in a busy city. Glad I still have my kneecaps, and my life.

• Like 1

- Shop at Pantip for computers and accessories.

- buy a sim card at a non-authorized retailer (mom/pop shop)

- Use ATMs, when you can use AEON ATMs without the 150 baht fee** In some cases, you can also go inside a bank branch and do a counter withdraw (counter cash advance).

To be fair, I'll probably visit Pantip again sometime, but only if I am in the area. FortuneTown IT Mall is much cleaner and less likely to be cheated or have to have guard up as a foreigner.

** As of Feb 2014, Aeon now enforces the 150 baht atm fee on their atms. Counter withdrawals are hit/miss, even if they have the machine.

Read and understand letters of passion from the person you last had a long meaningful overnight relationship with before fulfilling requests............whistling.gif

Dear Tilac,

I love and miss you so much. Now I have big pomprem. I tell you before that my buffalo me sick. Now it die. Fall down dead in middle of rice field. but, when it fall, it land on Papa and break him leg in three places. Now he not work.

Brother me make stretcher from bamboo he take from loof of house. Now roof collapse and rain get in house. Brother she take Papa to hospital on motocycle. She have accident coming home. Run into police car. Brother me to blame. Police say we have to pay big money.

Motocycle OK. Police car no good. Now give Mama have heart pomprem. Doctor say she need triple bypass. I not understand what is, he say you know. If you not help me I have to go with many, many farang to pay bill. The old people in my village in Roi-et say it all your fault. If you give me money to buy medicine for sick buffalo when I ask you, then it not die, Papa not break leg, house still have loof, brother not ride into police car and Mama not have heart pomprem.

Please send for me 200,000 baht for my bank.

Papa fix: 10,000,

new loof:30,000,

New police car 100,000:

Mama fix:50,000.

I take off 2,000 bht for sell buffalo meat, but have to pay more hospital bill for 24 people have pomprem eat no good meat - 12,000bht.

I not know money England but my friend me say it about 54.4564 baht to GBP.

This mean you send me 7,419.1227 English money. Big money for me, little money for you.

I love you too much long time. Tikka

tongue.png

I believe this to be false. Not one word of of a sick Buffalo.

Edited by Thongkorn
  • Like 1

Never, ever tell them you're from the Isle of Man, there are reports of 'misunderstandings' smile.png

Please explain, like I'm five, just don't get the joke.

using a tuk tuk is the best you can come up with?

btw a tuk tuk is a pretty dam_n fine way to get back from the market with a few bags of groceries.

im 18 years in thailand and i do it a couple times a week.

Yes, just like the comment about bar girls, it isn't so much that there is this list of things NOT to do, just that when you've really settled in and lived here for a while, you learn how to do it right, ducking into a bj bar for a quickie at lunchtime that costs less than your sandwich is certainly smarter than trying to get the office girl to the st hotel.

Same with a a tuk tuk, stupid to use them for wandering around Bangkok in traffic or being "shown the sights" that way, but when you know how to get them cheaper than a taxi, and in some contexts it's also faster. . .

• Like 1

The title would have been more fun if it was ...

Things people I've done as a tourist, that I would never do now ... whistling.gif

... but probably wouldn't have lasted as long.

ps ... not a sexist remark as it can apply to both sexes ... biggrin.png

classy rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Read and understand letters of passion from the person you last had a long meaningful overnight relationship with before fulfilling requests............whistling.gif width=19 alt=whistling.gif>

Dear Tilac,

I love and miss you so much. Now I have big pomprem. I tell you before that my buffalo me sick. Now it die. Fall down dead in middle of rice field. but, when it fall, it land on Papa and break him leg in three places. Now he not work.

Brother me make stretcher from bamboo he take from loof of house. Now roof collapse and rain get in house. Brother she take Papa to hospital on motocycle. She have accident coming home. Run into police car. Brother me to blame. Police say we have to pay big money.

Motocycle OK. Police car no good. Now give Mama have heart pomprem. Doctor say she need triple bypass. I not understand what is, he say you know. If you not help me I have to go with many, many farang to pay bill. The old people in my village in Roi-et say it all your fault. If you give me money to buy medicine for sick buffalo when I ask you, then it not die, Papa not break leg, house still have loof, brother not ride into police car and Mama not have heart pomprem.

Please send for me 200,000 baht for my bank.
Papa fix: 10,000,
new loof:30,000,
New police car 100,000:
Mama fix:50,000.
I take off 2,000 bht for sell buffalo meat, but have to pay more hospital bill for 24 people have pomprem eat no good meat - 12,000bht.

I not know money England but my friend me say it about 54.4564 baht to GBP.
This mean you send me 7,419.1227 English money. Big money for me, little money for you.

I love you too much long time. Tikka

tongue.png width=20 alt=tongue.png>

I believe this to be false. Not one word of of a sick Buffalo.

Sir, I am offended, how could a transcript like this exist without a mention of the sick buffalo. In case you missed the fact that i refused to pay (allegedly, and made to appear the villian) for its treatment, I have put it in Red for you in the post above.....................tongue.png