Caretaker premier Yingluck says she's willing to die on the democratic battlefield

webfact

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

POLITICS

Caretaker premier says she's willing to die on the democratic battlefield

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Caretaker premier Yingluck Shinawatra on Friday insisted that as defence minister, she was ready to die on the democratic battlefield.

Yingluck stressed that as caretaker prime minister, she is the country's rule keeper of both country and its democratic principles and therefore any talks with rally leader Suthep Thaugsuban must be in line with democracy.

She was responding to an offer by Suthep to have a oneonone meeting with her in an attempt to end the deadlock of the ongoing political chaos. Suthep said the meeting would be broadcast live.

However Yingluck responded yesterday that Suthep must first end the protests and said more participants should be invited to the meeting.

"I'm also the defence minister meaning I'm like a soldier who has to do his duty until the last minute. A soldier has to keep the last stronghold and die on the battlefield. I will die in the democratic battlefield," she said.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2014-02-28

Hell, as long as she dies (politically, not literally) I don't care where she does it :-)

Yingluck is a hero, showing strength, leadership and standing up for democracy in the face of obnoxious bullying by some very cowardly people.

Suthep is a corrupt, boneheaded bully with murder charges hanging over his head... and yet, bizarrely enough and to their utter shame, we have a vocal group of posters on this forum supporting this scumbag. Suthep is worthless, he is just interested in a power grab at all costs.

You and I obviously have different bosses. Whenever there is a problem in "my" company, the boss does not run to Chiang Mai and refuse to speak with anyone or answer any questions :-) Edited by monkeycountry
  • Like 1

Bravo Yingluck!

Thai PBS has made it a policy of making news out of FB posts...( Yawn) Guess there wasn't enough real news out there...

I'd be interested to know who really funds these "journalists". All their articles seem to be slanted. Oh, thats right - they are connected to the nation newspaper. now, who funds the nation newspaper? whistling.gif

Well to put it in perspective. Imagine if there was a major crisis in the US, and Obama went to Alaska and turned off his phone. What do you think the journalists (on either side) would write then? :-) Edited by monkeycountry

Yingluck is a hero, showing strength, leadership and standing up for democracy in the face of obnoxious bullying by some very cowardly people.

Suthep is a corrupt, boneheaded bully with murder charges hanging over his head... and yet, bizarrely enough and to their utter shame, we have a vocal group of posters on this forum supporting this scumbag. Suthep is worthless, he is just interested in a power grab at all costs.

Agreed and who is proposing to throw democratic principles along with rule of law and a popular vote down the toilet? There have got to be elections to let the "people's voices be heard" instead of suspending all democratic institutions, including the Constitution, just to change the rules so the Dems have a fighting change to win an election for a change. After all didn't the Dems and military in 2007 write this Constitution? Now they wish to throw it in the garbage since they did not do such a great job before? What if they don't do a good job the next time and the next time? Keep on rewriting?

I must say she has a strange way how to show strength and leadership, by running and hiding for the crowds of angry farmers who like to know when they will get paid.

But the farmers are going to be paid this week, though I must say she is leaving it a bit late :( Methinks the farmers have been had again, and they still don,t get it !

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

PM vows to die in the battlefield to protect democracy

yingluck-16-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: pp Caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra said today she was willing to die in the battlefield to defend democracy rather than letting anybody to destroy democracy.

On her Facebook page, Ms Yingluck posted the following message: “In the capacity as the defence minister or as a soldier who has to perform his duty to the last minute, the soldier must die in the battlefield. Today in my capacity as the defender of democracy, I prefer to die in the battlefield of democracy rather than letting somebody else to destroy our democracy.”

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pm-vows-die-battlefield-protect-democracy/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-02-28

What democracy? Now if she declare that she is willing to die for the Shinawatra dictatorship i believe her coffee1.gif

• Like 2

Btw, did anyone read this article? Every red shirt should read it, it might open some eyes :-)

"Elections don't always lead to democracy, says (John) Kerry"

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Elections-dont-always-lead-to-democracy-says-Kerr-30227951.html

Yeh!!! but Kerry is a power seeking megalomaniac, undemocratic, elite fascist!!

Hang on a minute!!! he's that American geezer, isn't he??

Sounds like her brother in 2010 when he said

"As soon as the first bullet flies I will be there to lead you"

Possibly not his exact words but the meaning is there.

And what happened ? well nothing really he just stayed in his luxury while his supporters sweated and bled on the street.

Or like the red leaders on there stage back then

"We will fight to the last drop of blood"

Then as soon as it looked like it might be their blood they couldn't get their hands in the air quick enough, the ones that didn't run away that is.

Correct. If she want's to die on the democratic battlefield why is she not in Bangkok where the battle is?

Suthep wants a battle. It takes 2 to fight a battle. If she is not in Bangkok, what can he do? Blow his whistle until he turns green. He has achieved NOTHING in 4 months.

And in the meantime Yingluck has achieved alot, just ask her supporters, the rice farmers :-)

• Like 1

Moonao, IMHO you are dead spot on here with those sentiments...my Thai wife and I try to remain politically neutral and have been here 9 years (CM). We do not actively support either side and as a foreigner I remain out of arguments with locals either way, but I feel obligated to say that what is being foisted on the nation by PCAD and its band of thugs, using the false pretenses of improving democracy, is a hypocrisy and a total sham. This a death duel over power and access to the public largess that will eventually spiral out of control and nobody will win, especially the vast majority of Thais who simply want to live in peace, earn a living and stay away from trouble. The answer lies in finding a middle way, not the PTP way and not the PCAD way. Can calm and reasoned adult leaders in this country figure out how to do this before they precipitate a civil war? I surely pray that will be the case before he come to the abyss.

• Like 1