Popular DJ Josh Ezell dies in Phuket bike smash

webfact

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If only he, and everyone else, had the "choice" of a proper metered taxi home, instead of having to ride a bike.

He was mature of age, and experienced in all things Thai, and a professional, yet, he too, has become a victim of the lack of transport options here.

The "I'm an expat, so the transport issue here doesn't bother me" crew are always quiet when there's a thread like this. The same crew i ask, "Well, how do you get home after a night out?" Never a reply.

RIP.

Yet another victim of the "influential people" on Phuket, controling the essential service, transport.

Holy crap NKM. You still have to bang your drum even on this somber topic. words fail me and I am leaving this post up top show what a ....... you are.

No problem LIK. Glad my post has been left posted. It represents my thoughts, and I'm sure, the thoughts of the friends and family whole have lost loved ones here on the roads, and unfortunately, that list continues to grow, every day.

I've ALWAYS seen the direct correlation between the lack of public transport here and the locals, tourists and expats, dying on the roads here, compared to elsewhere in Thailand. It surprises me that many others haven't.

There have been recent news articles about it. It's a fact, not my opinion.

One dead, every three days, and no positive change in sight.

Whilst it may be sombre, it still angers me, that the greedy profit, while many continue to die.

Just how loud a drum do you have to beat before Phuket gets the transport options EVERYWHERE else in Thailand has????

Oh, yeah, and let's not forget, Phuket is a "World Class tourist destination."

Edited by NamKangMan

If only he, and everyone else, had the "choice" of a proper metered taxi home, instead of having to ride a bike.

He was mature of age, and experienced in all things Thai, and a professional, yet, he too, has become a victim of the lack of transport options here.

The "I'm an expat, so the transport issue here doesn't bother me" crew are always quiet when there's a thread like this. The same crew i ask, "Well, how do you get home after a night out?" Never a reply.

RIP.

Yet another victim of the "influential people" on Phuket, controling the essential service, transport.

Holy crap NKM. You still have to bang your drum even on this somber topic. words fail me and I am leaving this post up top show what a ....... you are.

Exactly right.....The guy is a .......but we all know this anyway.

• Like 2

Although feeling sorry for this lost life, I noticed the Police saying:

"and died from head trauma. There was no helmet found"

A helmet could have saved his life, maybe not, but a higher chance of survival.

You can see many farang driving motorbikes in a fashion that they would not dare at home: shirt-shorts-flipflops-no helmet!!!

What is the matter with farang, behaving like the Thais they have so flaming comments on?

Bad enough Thais drive like that, let farang behave as they would at home!

I ride mountain bike in rural Isan, around my village I don't wear a helmet, but as soon I reach the provincial road (not a highway) I wear a helmet, your head is not made to hit a pavement, you always lose.

RIP DJ

So it was his fault a bus knocked him off the bike then was is, a stupid way of looking at things, helmet or not, a bus doing that is always going to be serious. Not one word about a bus driver who KILLED a man, just pathetic comments. Disgusting.

Although feeling sorry for this lost life, I noticed the Police saying:

"and died from head trauma. There was no helmet found"

A helmet could have saved his life, maybe not, but a higher chance of survival.

You can see many farang driving motorbikes in a fashion that they would not dare at home: shirt-shorts-flipflops-no helmet!!!

What is the matter with farang, behaving like the Thais they have so flaming comments on?

Bad enough Thais drive like that, let farang behave as they would at home!

I ride mountain bike in rural Isan, around my village I don't wear a helmet, but as soon I reach the provincial road (not a highway) I wear a helmet, your head is not made to hit a pavement, you always lose.

RIP DJ

So it was his fault a bus knocked him off the bike then was is, a stupid way of looking at things, helmet or not, a bus doing that is always going to be serious. Not one word about a bus driver who KILLED a man, just pathetic comments. Disgusting.

Nothing pathetic about my comment, and surely not disgusting! More an honest and sincere opinion based on many accidents that end in death (mostly) due to not wearing a helmet. I did not say the bus driver is not at fault, I guess he is, although not confirmed. In case a bus drives next to me and I see him pushing me to the side, I brake and try to get behind the bus. Maybe the guy tried that too but fell off his bike and hit the pavement. Hitting the pavement does not necessarily mean you die, you have a chance to survive it if you wear a helmet. Fact.

I also did not say it's the guy's fault that he died, I said he COULD have saved his life and in all cases had a better chance if wearing a helmet.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...