2014 Songkran FAQ (long)

JSixpack

Both. According to his wilfe who came looking for him, they'd had a songkran party all day when he took off in his car. His wife tried to stop him, telling him he was too drunk to drive but he took off anyway ... probably had his amulets with him and though he was going to be immortal. Or something. Very sad for the wife.

I have zero sympathy for people who drive cars blind drunk and kill themselves - the community is very lucky he didn't take others with him when he decided to check out.

Yes, very sad for the wife.

• Like 1

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some good news for a change : The best thing that ever happened to April 19 ( last day )

Coyote Dancers on a stage at Soi 9. Also along the beach anyway there is none of this aggressive face pasting I have seen in the past. There is something good to say for commercialization

• Like 1

Just returned from Khao Talo - "death wish alley". Total mayhem from one end to the other. It has to be the most dangerous strip of road in the world at the moment. Great party atmosphere, but the potential for someone in a car to accidentally kill and maim is unacceptably high. Wow, what a drive! About 15 kids are still alive right now because I was extremely alert (how could you not be), sober and able to drive only at about 2kph the whole way. Khao Noi is also bad in places - drunks and vulnerable little kids all over the place. I was heading to Big C South, but Sukhumvit is impenetrable with traffic. Oh well, the car got wet, but I didn't :).

Hope we can keep these reports coming in daily--in this thread, since there's not a separate "It's Started" thread this year. Will be useful for next year's FAQ.

Looks like the schedule and predictions in the current FAQ have been pretty accurate so far.

Sorry to rain on the self-congratulatory parade, but I actually prefer the "It's started" threads as I find them fresher, more accurate and less cynical...

Sorry to rain on your parade, but that's a pathetic attempt to upset the die hard cynics on this thread....

Here's what to do: Open the main page on Pattaya Forum and click "Start New Topic"... then start a thread to your liking.

Hive minded people always squawk in the face of individuality.…..suggest you consider a move to a North Korean gulag if you are intimidated by diverse opinion…carry on cowering, the blitz is almost over……

High Pressure PVC Water Guns Still Being Used in Na Klua

Story HERE

If only the police would grow a set of balls and start handing out them 50k fines.

I wish they would do something about the people who use them but not holding my breath.

We ( TGF and myself) live there.

Not so much of a problem for me, I`ve caught up on loads of stuff staying in but my TGF has a decent job which she has had for more than a couple of years, is dedicated to it, doesn`t want to let them down and has to work out a back sois route in to work.

Quite why some people think it is fun to endanger life is totally beyond me.

That`s my little rant done.

Hope we can keep these reports coming in daily--in this thread, since there's not a separate "It's Started" thread this year. Will be useful for next year's FAQ.

Looks like the schedule and predictions in the current FAQ have been pretty accurate so far.

Sorry to rain on the self-congratulatory parade, but I actually prefer the "It's started" threads as I find them fresher, more accurate and less cynical...

Sorry to rain on your parade, but that's a pathetic attempt to upset the die hard cynics on this thread....

Here's what to do: Open the main page on Pattaya Forum and click "Start New Topic"... then start a thread to your liking.

Hive minded people always squawk in the face of individuality.…..suggest you consider a move to a North Korean gulag if you are intimidated by diverse opinion…carry on cowering, the blitz is almost over……

LOL, That was a late reply. I'm not intimidated in the slightest - go at it. Bring on some more lame replies if you wish - we have a few more hours to kill.

Edited by tropo

Is it over yet ? Nope Jomtien is like a big wet party zone , maybe it will last until midnight.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Is it over yet ? Nope Jomtien is like a big wet party zone , maybe it will last until midnight.

After sunset it usually quietens down quickly in residential areas - but stay away from bar areas - they tend to go on until midnight or longer.

LOL. What diverse opinion? Already thoroughly addressed more than a month ago in the FAQ along with all the other usual sneers, grunts, insults, and childish posturing of the troll brigade--or "hive;" go read all about it:

• Q: f u dnt go out n fIt, ur a pussy scArd o my BIG BAD supR soaker. Yah, yah, pussy!
Edited by JSixpack
  • Like 1

So ... do we think it's going to end today? I know it usually ends on the 19, but the 19 has been Sunday the past years IIRC, so it was sortof a natural ending. I wonder if some might keep playing tomorrow?

Please don't even THINK such evil thoughts! crying.gif

• Like 2

And all the while the reservoirs go down, and drought comes nearer....

Last monday they had the govment truck in my soi pumping a heap of water cleaning the road........ today it is world war 3 with massive amounts of idiots and water....... go figure.

Edited by Spoonman

So ... do we think it's going to end today? I know it usually ends on the 19, but the 19 has been Sunday the past years IIRC, so it was sortof a natural ending. I wonder if some might keep playing tomorrow?

It will end. The last Saturday Songkran day was April 19, 2008. It ended on that day... and I suspect Songkran was even wilder back then that it is now.

• Like 2

One inflammatory post and two replies to it deleted.

Keep at least this thread civil while I'm sitting on my patio with some half clad girls, a drink with an umbrella and cigar watching Rome burning... Errmmm... Pattaya drowning.

• Like 1

Well it's almost over and I survived, enjoyed it very much, can't beleive how much some of you guys whyne, I'm 60 and had a ball (2 very wet ones actually), there's always a / holes that think they are clever but in general good fun all the way. I have 5 days to dry up and I'll be back in December :-)

Well has it stopped or WHAT.????

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

From a post a couple post up

After sunset it usually quietens down quickly in residential areas - but stay away from bar areas - they tend to go on until midnight or longer.

Sent from my iPad so Please excuse any typos

2145 and the music is still pumping from the big speakers they set up near the corner of 3rd Road and Pattaya Klang, that woke me up this morning by vibrating my apartment building. It's gotta end soon, been a long day inside my room. At least the Wifi was functional all day, saved me from going out into the madness.

You guys in Pattaya, I guess it you were really out for peace and quiet you would not live there. Not exactly Zen capital of SE Asia.Still, I sympathize and empathize.

Up here in Chiang Mai, 100% ceased on Thursday. Right up until that day was a madhouse.

Pattaya is such a great place to live that we gladly sacrifice a week during Songkran.... but you guys in Chiang Mai don't escape that either, taking 2nd place in the Songkran mayhem stakes.